E-Exams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Exams

It looks like these will be live in May, so the last paper-based exams will be in April - get used to looking at maps on screen! the launch coincides with the ability to book exams online.

Phil

Here is a link (pdf file): http://www.icao.int/Meetings/SET13/p...%20E-Exams.pdf

Comment

Right, i was wondering about the thing... that should hopefully make the exams process a little better and the feedback (results) faster. I was wondering why they still went through all the hassle of collecting papers in 2014...

I had a look at the leaflet... It doesn't say much. I just hope the switch doesn't mean they cut the examination venues down to the only one that administers E-Exams... I got spoiled at going to Oxford and would be really annoyed if I had to travel to Gatwick because of the fancier new method.

However, any other information on these exams? Looks like that's what I'll get for module 3 (and whatever I don't pass from module 2...)

Also, do we know (well I don't) how the new. booking system works?

Comment

Not yet, but it looks as if using Jeppesen and the CAPs will be out as it will all be on screen. You probably might even have to use the Windoze calculator

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Croucher View Post
          ...You probably might even have to use the Windoze calculator ...
          Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

The CAA are coming to visit soon to tell me all about it - better put the coffee on.

Phil

Comment

OK, I have a bit more information.

The Jeppesen remains, as it is too difficult to get map information off the screen.

There will be only two approved whizzwheels, the CRP-5 and the AFE ARC-2.

There will be only four approved calculators, the list is yet to be issued.

When you start studying, you will create an account on the CAA website, which will be linked to a course provider. As long as that link remains valid, you can book exams up to 72 hours ahead, online. Sessions are probably going to be held once or twice a month.

Phil

Comment

Working...
              X