Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
    How is it that we haven't seen a single photo of her in ages

The last I remember of this aircraft (I think) was a video of her in Hungary some years back.

Maybe he does not fly into any places with camera people. His hangar is on private land.

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      There are still many UK helicopter owners who do not like people photographing their machines, for what ever reason we have to respect that. I have never personally come across this but know people who have. I know of a person being told to leave at a Caravan site where an unidentified red Alouette III was parked, somewhere near Hull. I think the same person was also trying to find where Mr Snook had his collection of helicopters, turned up at his house and was politely told to leave.

I have photographed HA-PPY in the UK and also when it was HA-LFR both at airfields.

• SA341G YU-HHS (WA1067) as seen at Wellesbourne Airfield (Photo by Graeme Lovell)

SA341C G-SIVJ (WA2012) as seen at Ha'penny Green on 16th July 2012

Per Nosco!

SA341G G-SFTH (cn.1155) as seen at Thruxton in 1988

HA-PPY in Hungary in 2015 / HA-LFX & PPY from 3 mins

Do you suppose HA-PPY is still wearing the same black and yellow colours?

Elipix, do you know what Griffair were using YU-HDL for?

Also, I suppose the Soko Gazelles need a similar export certificate such as is required for ex-MOD and ex-ALAT Gazelles in respect of transferring an ex-mil aircraft from one country to another?

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      YU-HDL have no idea on usage. Private perhaps? Would it be allowed to do commercial work in the UK?

HA-PPY I think it is still black and yellow.

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      '๐™’๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™š ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™™๐™ค ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ข๐™š๐™ง๐™˜๐™ž๐™–๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™  ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™†?' โ€” Negatory.

'๐™„ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™  ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™ก๐™–๐™˜๐™  ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ.' โ€” Okay grazie Elipix.

'๐—œ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น๐—ผ๐˜„.' โ€” Okay grazie Elipix.

Black and yellow for sure.

Comment

• SA342M F-MGEA (cn.2205) as seen at Aรฉroport de Valence-Chabeuil on 7th January 2021 (Photo by Romain Roux)

SA341B G-KEMH (WA1284) as seen at Redhill on 13th January 2021

KEMH is currently at Redhill receiving some re-touching to her paintwork.

Above and below: Avia member Kirill with SA341B RA-05709 (WA1184) at Mostovoy Airfield in Bratsk, Russia

Comment

• SA342M F-MAUK (cn.3617) as seen over Germany, date uncertain

So, this is the time of year when I typically encounter withdrawal symptoms from the cessation of our daily Snow Gazelles however, two Avia members have perked me up with some new Snow Gaz photos; firstly from Russia (which we saw yesterday courtesy of Kirill) and now today Avia stalwart Stefano is treating us to some lovely shots of the RainbowStar Warrior flanked by a new addition to Crabtree's groundcrew in the form of seven-month-old Heli-Dog 'Nigel' who's mother's name is actually 'Heli'. Heli-Dog Nigel, is as you may suspect, named after Avia member Nigel. RIP

The joy continues with post-Christmas Snow Gazelles .. what a treat!

SA341B G-CDNO (WA1385) with Gaz Dog, Heli-Dog and Snow Dog 'Nigel' as seen at Crab Tree Farm on 14th January 2021
        (Photos courtesy of Stefano)

And yes, I have renamed the RainbowStar Gaz the 'RainbowStar Warrior' in celebration of these photos, also as an act of solidarity with her stablemate (and therefore sister ship) the Crabtree Warrior, while also giving a nod to her military service .. and while we are at it, we may just as well include recognition of the similarly-named Greenpeace vessel which sometimes has a 500 sitting on her stern!

Enjoy Heli-Dogs? So does Sav .. see more here.

Comment

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely images of G-CDNO, thanks for sharing! Well done Steve

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Grazie mille Fabrizio! ๐Ÿ‘

Btw, do you have this shot of SA330B F-MCMU in Djibouti in 1993? > https://postimg.cc/Wt9b8tH5

• Fabrice
          Fabrice commented
          Editing a comment
          Not this one specifically, but some other shots rather similar. Noteworthy is, on the aftground, one the AS 332M just delivered to the ALAT: it might have been present in Djibuti at that time for hot weather trials, I guess.

• SA341D 3D-HVW (cn.1906) as seen at Duxford Aerodrome in 2001 (Photo by Graeme Lovell)

SA342L1 12943 (cn.163) as seen with 12671 in Montenegro

SA342L1 354 as seen at Papandreou Air Base on 9th November 2019 (Photo by Kenneth Ledward)

Comment

• SA342J D-HOPP (cn.1695) as seen at Rasede Neusuedende Heliport on 30th November 1996 (Photo by Mark Diekmann

Revisiting this shot of D-HOPP and hoping to uncover some more German police Gazelles in the future.

SA341B XZ290 (WA1489) as seen at Middle Wallop in October 2009 (Photo by Alan Meloy)

This aircraft is fitted with a unique antenna array, can you count all four of them? Do you know what these were used for? They seem similar to the microwave antenna used on ENG aircraft.

SA341C G-CTFS (WA1081) as seen at RAF Elvington in 2015 (Photo by Neil Watson)

Interested some Gaz wall art or a Gaz tail coffee table?

If so, then contact Tom at Fab Creation email: tom@fabcreation.net

Comment

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            Is this where all the fenestrons went when they were cut off at Middle Wallop ?

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Possibly!

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually I spoke to Tom on the phone today and they are not the ones from Middle Wallop, he has sourced them from various places. Very interesting guy to speak to.

• Note sure if this has been seen on here before, it is from Murals by Yvonne and is on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?...%20by%20yvonne

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice one!

Do you remember the Gazelle photos which were in the passenger lounge at Battersea for many years during the 70's?

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I remember them very well. Good old days at Battersea.

• YU-HEO c/n 1140 as seen at Novi Sad's Airport Cenej in June 2007 (Photo: Josip Andracic)

The machine was sadly lost in accident 5/08 when ditched into a shallow lake.

Comment

• SA341B G-KEMH (WA1284) as seen at Redhill on 19th January 2021

G-KEMH at Redhill having received some attention to her paintwork as well as a full interior clean courtesy of R&R Detailing.

SA341F2 N383GZ (cn.1383) as seen at San Gabriel Valley Airport in California on 2nd January 2021 (Photo by Scott Lowe)

SA341F2 N383GZ (cn.1383) as seen over southern California on 18th January 2021 (Photo by Scott Lowe)

Antonio with SA341F2 'GHZ' N918GZ (cn.1672) at Chino Airport in California in January 2021

I have to confess that I am not quite sure what Antonio is up to!

Comment

• Helipixman
              Helipixman commented
              Editing a comment
              Seen many of these landings on trollies go terribly wrong. Looks very close to the hangar, and the guy standing by the door has balls. Glad it went well though.

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Perhaps he was filming an ad in which there will be a voice-over saying something like .. 'Tired of being embarrassed in front of your passengers while trying to make the perfect trolley landing? No problems! Trade in your trolley for one of our remote-controlled Gaz-movers and every landing will be a perfect touchdown!'

• Originally posted by Helipixman View Post
            Actually I spoke to Tom on the phone today and they are not the ones from Middle Wallop, he has sourced them from various places. Very interesting guy to speak to.

There was an auction at Hixon 3-5 years ago. There were a few on sale there a long time before the Middle Wallop ones.

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that RAF Hixon, were Gazelles stationed there?

• Helipixman
              Helipixman commented
              Editing a comment
              No Hixon is the home to Air & Ground Ltd who deal in aircraft/helicopters spares etc, mostly ex military.

• SA341B XZ347 (WA1713) as seen at RAF Topcliffe in the late 80's

Ian 'Mouse' Mousette possibly seen with Al Isherwood. Mouse was one of the first pilots to transition frm aircrewman to pilot.

SA341B XZ310 (WA1577) as seen at Ostend-Bruges Airport on 23rd July 1994 (Photo by J. Laporte)

SA341B XX449 (WA1443) aboard HMS Ark Royal NFI

Comment

• USA Gazelles

Restored: N341L, SA341G, c/n 1263; 09-Jan-2021; owner/operator CENTERLINE HOLDINGS INC, SAN MARCOS (CA)

Reserved: N342RP, SA342M, c/n 4123; ex ALAT 4123; 08-Jan-2021

Comment

• Zishelix
                Zishelix commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, Jos!

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Si, grazie Jos.

• SA341G c/n 1075 N777GH in the late 1970's

Later become N52BT and together with c/n 1066 used for filming the Blue Thunder movie.

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=9482#post9482

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                This is a lovely photo Zis, and a lovely registration too! ๐Ÿ‘

• 708 is back!

Above and below: SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Abkhazia in January 2021

Comment

• SA342J HA-LFH (cn.1775) as seen at Bruntingthorpe on 25th May 2014 (Photo by Chris Hall)

SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Abkhazia on 22nd January 2021

SA341B XZ324 (WA1634) as seen at RAF Leuchars on 20th August 2005 (Mark McEwan)

Comment

• With a recent post asking about how many SOKO Gazelles have been in the UK, I thought I would post pictures of each of them...

HA-LFR/HA-PPY
                  YU-HDL/4O-HJS
                  YU-HEE
                  YU-HEH
                  YU-HEI

One other was mentioned YU-HEK, not even sure this existed and maybe someone saw YU-HEH and mistook the H for a K ?

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bravo Elipix, these are unique photos! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

I think this is the first time for me to see YU-HEE/H and HA-LFR.

• SA341B ZU-RLH (WA1600) as seen at Rand Airport on 23rd January 2021 (Photo by Greg Rooken-Smith)

SA342M F-MGEB (4206) as seen at Valence Chabeuil on 23rd February 2012 (Photo by Laurent Quรฉritรฉ)

SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) mountain departure in Abkhazia on 22nd January 2021

SA341F2 N383GZ (cn.1383) landing Whiteman Airport, Pacoima, Los Angeles on 22nd January 2021

Nice steady hover with a beautifully controlled touchdown.

Comment

With a recent post asking about how many SOKO Gazelles have been in the UK, I thought I would post pictures of each of them...

HA-LFR/HA-PPY
                    YU-HDL/4O-HJS
                    YU-HEE
                    YU-HEH
                    YU-HEI

One other was mentioned YU-HEK, not even sure this existed and maybe someone saw YU-HEH and mistook the H for a K ?

4O-HJS was sold at auction to a dealer in Lincs. he then sold it to a foreign buyer and sheโ€™s no longer in the UK.

Also, Mark Weir's Gazelle (YU-HEI) was sold out of the UK some years ago.

Comment

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's an interesting video link Jos, grazie.

Does anyone have details on what happened to HEI?

4O-HJS was sold to an Avia member in Russia.

• Helipixman
                      Helipixman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I thought YU-HEI was used in the rebuild of HA-LFE, what remained was possibly scrapped or did it go elsewhere ?

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Okay grazie Elipix. I was wondering about the accident details.

• โ€‹Iraqi SA342's NFI

SA341G G-GZLE (cn.1145) as seen at RAF Waddington on 1st July 2001 (Photo by Nick)

SA342M F-MGND (cn.3917) as seen at Valence Chabeuil on 23rd February 2012 (Photo by Laurent Quรฉritรฉ)

SA342J(S) YU-HPZ (cn.1473) as seen at Swansea Airport on 5th February 2017 (Photo by Roger Winser)

The 342 Phantom Gaz flying near St. Petersburg in 2018

Comment

• One for the experts, I have just obtained a Gazelle exhaust... it has a number on it, I am assuming that is the part number plus date of manufacture ?

The number is 341.54.1002.03 - 3.81

Is there any way of tracing this number to find out which Gazelle it was used on ?

Helipixman.

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bravo Elipix, a new addition to your mancave!

Can also be used as a temporary joining piece for a house gutter outlet or if sealed at one end and filled with ice, as a wine/champagne cooler!

It is a heat-diffusion (turned-up) or straight exhaust?

• Helipixman
                        Helipixman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is a straight exhaust, have just obtained a pair of stabilisers for the collection also - painted in military scheme. Just need someone to donate a non airworthy airframe to put them all on. Hardly any military ones left to buy !

• Zishelix
                        Zishelix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well done! An idea how to convert the stabilizer into a memorabilia

It is a straight exhaust, have just obtained a pair of stabilisers for the collection also - painted in military scheme. Just need someone to donate a non airworthy airframe to put them all on. Hardly any military ones left to buy !

Have sent you an email. Shame you didnโ€™t buy an upturned one as you could have had the whole cover such as was fitted to G-CDXE. I also have a Puma exhaust. Bring a van down and I will sort out a few non-flyable items for you.

Comment

• Helipixman
                        Helipixman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks - That sounds wonderful and a great gesture, I will certainly come down once lockdown has eased. Look forward to it

• Zishelix
                        Zishelix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gazelle parts on 'garage sale?! Recommend myself for a pilot seat... shortened ones preferably

• SA342M F-MGCC (cn.4160) as seen at Lyon-Bron Airport on 26th January 2021 (Photo by Romain Roux)

SA342L as seen at Papandreou Air Force Base in Cyprus on 10th November 2018

SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Abkhazia in January 2021

A selection of electric mini-Gazelles

Originally posted by md600driver View Post
                      I also have a Puma exhaust.
                      Fabrizio, could this be something for you?

Comment

• Time for another warmup. Time for another Gulf war Gazelle fiesta!

Here is AH.1 XX337/S

and SA-342M 4072/50/BPK

See more Gulf War Gazelles on my website: https://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/index_en.html

Comment

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you Jakub more wonderful historic photos of Gazelles and the brave people who were there. We must never forget what they did.

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lovely Jakub! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA341H HA-LFW (cn.096) as seen at Graz Airport in Austria in 2019 (Photo by M. Pamer)

SA341B XZ325 (WA1635) as seen at RAF Leuchars on 21st September 1991

SA341F2 F-MBGN (cn.1151) as seen at Dax-Seyresse Airport on 7th June 2008

Charity Fundraising Dinner

For our members and readers in the north of England, you may wish to support a fundraising event being held in Yorkshire this October in support of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and the children's charity 'Snappy'. This event is being supported by one of our members, but more members are very welcome.

https://carltontowers.co.uk/snappy-fundraising-dinner/

Comment

• UKRAINE Gazelles

Back in 2015 a few of the following Ukraine registered Gazelles were cancelled from the register...all Gazelles in Ukraine seem to have been cancelled.

UR-ABBA (1102)
                          UR-ACCA (1072)
                          UR-ALMA (1078)
                          UR-CSAG (1272)
                          UR-RIV (1148)
                          UR-VDM (1236)
                          UR-VLAN (1174)

Where are they all, stored, sold ?

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            UR-ABBA was advertised on the GazMart last year still wearing her registration, but was then withdrawn from sale and I am not entirely sure what happened after that.

I think we also posted at least one photo of a Gaz being worked on in the Ukraine, possibly not on the Ukraine register, I can't remember now, but I am sure Zis does.

• SA341G(S) N150SF (cn.1584) as seen at Ascot on 18th June 2013 (Photo by Neil Randell)

SA341B XZ347 (WA1713) as seen at Newcastle Airport on 2nd June 1978

SA342J HA-LFH (cn.1775) probably at Breighton guessing around 2009

N505HA flight from Beverley in Yorkshire

Can anyone identify the lever which Stefano advances at 1:45?

Comment

• xbdt
                            xbdt commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This is a lever to unlock the flex plate under the MGB. Only on gazelles with rigid gear.

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Grazie XB! Now that you mention it I am reminded of the fact that the matter of this lever has come up several times before.

N505HA flight from Beverley in Yorkshire

I haven't seen that video before. To be honest I canโ€™t remember who was on the flight, it must have been a long time ago.

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think around 2013.

• SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Abkhazia in January 2021

SA341C G-BZDV (WA1150) as seen at Bourne Park on 27th October 2018 (Photo by David Stevens)

SA341GC I-PNIC (cn.002) as seen at Aeroporto di Varese-Venegono on 4th June 2015 (Photo by Fabrizio Capenti)

Comment

• SA341G(S) YU-HOT (cn.1390) as seen in Divฤibare, Serbia on 30th January 2021 (Photo by Aleksandar Zubac)

SA341G(S) YU-HOT (cn.1390) as seen over Divฤibare, Serbia on 28th January 2021 (Photo by Aleksandar Zubac)

SA341G(S) YU-HOT (cn.1390) as seen at Mt. Tara in Serbia on 30th January 2021 (Photo by Aleksandar Zubac)

SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Abkhazia in January 2021

Lovely to see the return of snow through these recent winter Gaz photos!

SA341B XW846 (WA1009) as seen at RAF Leuchars in September 2001 (Photo by William Millar)

A digital interpretation of SL-HAA

Comment

Working...
                            X