No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA341B ZB671 (WA1958) as seen at Warminster School in Wiltshire on 9th July 2021

SA342M F-MGES as seen in Pau in 2014 (Photo by Andrรฉ Bour)

Digital impression of N150SF

Comment

• Picture for md600driver.....

Comment

• Fabrice
        Fabrice commented
        Editing a comment
        cn3615 was posted in Dax (basic helo training school) from 15 march 2007 to the 15 sep 2009, where she entered maintenance in the Atelier Industriel de l'Air of Clermont Ferrand (where the above picture was taken). Subsequently she flew from Phalsbourg (1er RHC), Pau (5รจme RHC, from 22 July 2014) and Le Luc (advanced training school, 1 sept 2015) before being decommisionned.

• Originally posted by Helipixman View Post
      Picture for md600driver.....

Yes, thatโ€™s what it should look like, the exact places for the 3M stickers, thanks.

Comment

• SA341C ZU-HBH (WA1418) as seen at Swartkop Air Base in 2014 (Photo by Garth Calitz)

SA341H 12631 (1202) as seen in Montenegro NFI

Originally posted by md600driver View Post
        Yes, thatโ€™s what it should look like, the exact places for the 3M stickers.
        The 'standard' configuration seems to be as per the drawing below where the reflective panels are behind the roundel as opposed to going around it and which I think may look a little neater.

Some additional discounted Gaz parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
          SA341C ZU-HBH (WA1418) as seen at Swartkop Air Base in 2014 (Photo by Garth Calitz)

Me, Anton and big Nigel arriving at Swartkop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
          Really Stefano? Are you sitting behind Nige?

Nige was behind the pilot Anton and I was in the co-pilot seat.

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Great stuff! ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿ‘

• Polizei Niedersachsen SA342J D-HOPP (cn.1695) as seen in Germany c.1980's

SA342J I-PTEC (cn.001) in Italia c.2017

Request

XB, among the 342's you are refurbishing, have any of them arrived with the orange reflective tape on them? If so, would you be able to send a sample to Stefano?

Last edited by Savoia; 16th July 2021, 11:53.

Comment

• More Flashback Friday .. not many photos of WA1156 G-BBSK can be found around:

See previous shots of BBSK from Helipix here: http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=3183#post3183

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice Zis! ๐Ÿ‘

Very little info about this Gaz from what I recall?

• Zishelix
            Zishelix commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually it went to Qatar (Police) in mid 1970's, no info about her service history ever since.

Btw, any luck about those mentioned possibility of getting some QP-1 & QP-2 pics, Helipix?

• SA342M F-MGBU (cn.4140) NFI

A Gazelle with a Tiger and a Puma; looks like a real zoo to me!

Fabrizio, are you by any chance able to recognise this location?

SA341B XZ326 (WA1644) as seen at Middle Wallop on 2nd March 2011 (Photo by Richard Flagg)

Now that's some decent maintenance.

SA341D G-CBSI/XZ934 (WA1736) hover-taxi
          to land at Sandown Airfield, Isle of Wight
          on 16th July 2021

Comment

• Fabrice
            Fabrice commented
            Editing a comment
            Fabrizio, are you by any chance able to recognise this location?
            Sorry, no... It could be any French Air Force Base (they all look quite the same), my guess could be that this image may have been taken in Creil (which is officially closed as an aeronautical facility, but still can be used as a departing base for the Bastille Day air parades).

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Grazie Fabrizio! ๐Ÿ‘

• Fabrizio wrote: Cn.3615 was stationed at Dax (primary helicopter training school) from 15th March 2007 to 15th September 2009, after which she entered maintenance in the Atelier Industriel de l'Air of Clermont Ferrand (where the picture in post #5101 was taken). Subsequently she flew from Phalsbourg (1er RHC), Pau (5รจme RHC, from 22 July 2014) and Le Luc (advanced training school, 1 Sept 2015) before being decommissioned.

Grazie mille Fabrizio, you're a superโญ

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabrice View Post
            cn3615 was posted in Dax (basic helo training school) from 15 march 2007 to the 15 sep 2009, where she entered maintenance in the Atelier Industriel de l'Air of Clermont Ferrand (where the above picture was taken). Subsequently she flew from Phalsbourg (1er RHC), Pau (5รจme RHC, from 22 July 2014) and Le Luc (advanced training school, 1 sept 2015) before being decommisionned.

Many many thanks for the history. Do you know anything before March 2007 ?

Regards Steve

Comment

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              This is what I have about her service history:
              Delivered to ALAT 1977; 1615/ATK 4/85; 3615/BXE 10/90; 3615/BWD 5/98; 3615/BWB 6/01; 3615/AXA 6/03; 1615/BWA 10/04; 3615/BCS 7/07; 3615/GJH 5/10.

• Fabrice
              Fabrice commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, I don't have the full career run-down for cn3615, but from the codes list Zis shared with us I can say that the various units where she served were 2รจme RHC/Fribourg (ATK), 3รจme RHC/Etain(BXE & BWB), EALAT Le Luc (AXA), 3รจme RHC Etain (BWA), EALAT Dax (BCS). Then the code became GJH, and as I wrote yesterday she also served in Phalsbourg, Pau and Le Luc. The delivery date must most likely be late 1980 or early 1981 (as a reference, cn3567 was delivered on the 4 nov. 1980, and cn 3852 on the 23 mar 81).

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              Must say these data I have about #3615 are from various (often unreliable) sources, based on images I found on the Internet. So any correction would be more than welcome!

• SA341G(S) YU-HHH (cn.1307) as seen at Silverstone on 18th July 2021 (Photo by Trevor Nash)

SA341B ZB671 (WA1958) as seen at RAF Brize Norton on 13th July 2021 (Photo by Tom Garvey)

SA341B G-BZYD (WA1648) as seen near Popham Airfield on 16th July 2021 (Photo by Martin Lulham)

BAG as seen over Portsmouth 15th July 2021

Comment

• Some of the first RAF Gazelles: XW902/H, XW870/F & XX374/L probably photographed in 1975.

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice shot Zis! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA341G N341DT (cn.1110) as seen at Midden-Zeeland Airport on 13th June 2021

Perhaps with young Nicolas aboard.

SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Dombai-Ulgen, Abkhazia in July 2021

SA342M F-MCWE (cn.1463) as seen in 1986

SA341B G-ZZEL (WA1152) as seen near
              Penryn in Cornwall on 17th July 2021

Comment

• Zishelix
                Zishelix commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just wondering what RA-05708 doing out of snow season

I assume we can thanks Kirill for this lovely photo?

• ...SA342M F-MCWE (cn.1463) as seen in 1986... it is a 341F

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Grazie XB! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA342M1 4136/GBT at Malaga in May 22nd, 2021 (Photo: Manuel Llama)

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice one Zis! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA341G(S) YU-HHH (cn.1307) as seen at Silverstone on 18th July 2021 (Photo by Paul Beale)

SA342M HA-HSG (3615) as seen at Turweston Aerodrome on 19th June 2021 (Photo by Pete Webber)

SA342M F-MGBU (cn.4140) as seen over Paris NFI

Discounted Gazelle aircraft cover: https://gijoearmystores.com/product/...t-dry-storage/

Comment

• Comment

• Helipixman
                  Helipixman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes a fantastic find thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was glad to see the clip of the rifleman shooting at the fenestron, because this corroborates a story I was told in the early 80's by a mechanic who was servicing the aircraft I was flying at the time. He stated that he had seen a video at Marignane in which they shot at both the Gazelle's fenestron and main blades in order to demonstrate their survivability (I think this may feature both the Dauphin and Gazelle). Also in the video was a segment which begins with someone standing on top of the Gazelle's rotor hub, who then proceeds to walk down the length of the Gazelle's blade until he steps off it and onto the ground. This same video included the Gazelle and Dauphin performing loops and rolls. This video was produced in the late 70's AFAIK.

I am hoping one day to track down this video (more specifically twist the arm of someone at Aรฉrospatiale/Airbus to release it). ๐Ÿ˜Š

There is also another video (produced in the 80's I believe) which features an Aรฉrospatiale test pilot booting-in full left pedal in an effort to demonstrate the maximum fuselage rotational speed (ie. the Gazelle's 'Tail-Swing Bite') and how it is possible to recover from this. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

๐‘ญ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’“๐’Š๐’›๐’Š๐’ if you are reading this, did you ever hear about these two videos?

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment

• SA342L AEE-373 (cn.5013) as seen at La Balbina Airport in Ecuador on 3rd June 2021 (Photo by Antonio Espinel)

The last operational Ecuadorian Gazelle.

SA341B ZB675 (WA1974) as seen at Middle Wallop in 1990 (Photo by Neil Brant)

This craft evidently crashed during Gulf War I.

We mentioned an AAC visit to Warminster School in Wiltshire on 9th July in post #5100 and here is some footage from that visit.

Comment

• G-CBKA Ownership change

Gazelle HT3 G-CBKA (WA1746) changed ownership on 06-Jul-2021 to P.J. Whitaker, B.W. Stuart, A.W.J. Stuart t/o Falcon Flying Group, East Hanney, Oxon.

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Grazie Jos ๐Ÿ‘ you're a โญ

• Zishelix
                    Zishelix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Much appreciated!

• A tutorial of the Fujimi 1/48 scale Gazelle model building from scratch:

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very interesting Zis! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA342J(S) F-GIBU (cn.1470) as seen at Birmingham Airport on 16th June 2007 (Photo by Peter Brent)

SA341D XZ933 (WA1735) as seen in September 1982 NFI

Comment

• SA341B XZ290 (WA1489) as seen at Manchester Barton on 22nd July 2021 (Photo by Michael Powney)

Refuellers and Army crew with XZ290 (WA1489) at ManBart on 22nd July 2021

SA341B G-ZZEL (WA1152) as seen at Derby Airfield in July 2021

SA342L1 YU-HFF (cn.155) with SA341H YU-HCS (cn.066) as seen at Aerodrom Novi Sad, ฤŒenej, Serbia on 24th June 2021

Comment

• SA342M F-MGEN as seen at Tarbesโ€“Lourdesโ€“Pyrรฉnรฉes Airport on 22nd July 2021 (Photo by William Musculus)

SA341G N68375 (cn.1003) as seen Stateside in the 1970's

SA341B XX392 (WA1302) as seen at East Midlands in July 1975 (Photo by Alan Meloy)

SA341B XZ349 (WA1720) plus additional airframe as seen at Bourne Park on 9th January 2016 (Photo by Howard Curtis)

Comment

• SA341B ZB671 (WA1958) as seen at SPTA on 14th July 2021 (Photo by Rick Ingham)

Comment

• SA341B G-UNNS (WA1284) as seen at Redhill on 27th July 2021 (Photo by Peter Robinson)

SA341B G-ZZEL (WA1152) as seen at Ragley Hall on 22nd June 2021 (Photo by Graeme Lovell)

SA342M HA-HSG (cn.3615) as seen at Breighton on 17th July 2021 (Photo by Shaun Connor)

Serbian Air Force live fire exercise

Comment

• Helipixman
                            Helipixman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice to see a picture of G-UNNS at last, I wrote to the owners to see if they had any pictures and for the reason behind the registration and due to emails going missing the owner phoned me today and has sent me some photographs.
                            Last edited by Helipixman; 28th July 2021, 17:46. Reason: Change of information

• G-UNNS

I have just spoken to the pilot and owner of G-UNNS. His name is Liam Barnes and he learnt to fly at Redhill with EBG Helicopters. He is no stranger to Gazelles, as a youngster his father owned G-EHUP. He has kindly sent me pictures of G-UNNS and told me that the reason behind the registration is like Andrew Parkes said there were no Gazelle type registrations left. With G-KEMD being registered he thought that G-KEMH was no longer unique so he decided to go along the lines that an ex Military Gazelle had Guns !

Photos with thanks to owner Liam Barnes
                          Last edited by Helipixman; 28th July 2021, 19:47.

Comment

• Helipixman
                            Helipixman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not sure what is happening here when I posted this there were four photos which seem to have disappeared ? Will try to add them again ?

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Grazie Elipix e grazie Liam! ๐Ÿ‘

'.. ๐’”๐’ ๐’‰๐’† ๐’…๐’†๐’„๐’Š๐’…๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’‚๐’ ๐’†๐’™ ๐‘ด๐’Š๐’๐’Š๐’•๐’‚๐’“๐’š ๐‘ฎ๐’‚๐’›๐’†๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’… ๐‘ฎ๐’–๐’๐’”!' โ€” Either that or Liam is an Arsenal fan!

• SA341B G-ZZEL (WA1152) as seen at Hawarden Airport on 28th July 2021 (Photo by Paul Bunch)

Niger Air Force

Niger Air Force SA342M NFI

SA341B ZB691 (WA2006) as seen at Middle Wallop in July 2021

SA341H HA-LFW (cn.096) at Cheb Airport
                          in the Czech Republic in August 2020

Comment

• G-UNNS ~ 29.7.21 ~ Redhill > Stapleford Tawney then departed later to a site near Hornchurch and Upminster.

Comment

• Savoia
                              Savoia commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Grazie Elipix! Nice to see the Gaz movements back. ๐Ÿ‘

• SA342J Gazelle YU-HET as seen at Gloucester's Staverton Airport in August 2011 (Photo: Alan Greening)

SA341B RP-C77 (WA1208) in the Philippines in 2011

Q: What do you do if you find yourself behind a slow-taxiing fixed-wing?

A: Overtake it and land on the taxiway directly in front of it of course!

Gaz drivers please note the nicely executed landing.

Comment

Working...
                            X