X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Funny

Borrowed from 'Military Humour'

Comment

• Now I've got the hang of this photo thing.

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        I fear the 'fight' may not be over quite yet as Photobucket are notoriously unreliable (in my opinion). You might like to try https://postimages.org/

• G-MANN

SA341G(S) G-MANN (cn. 1295) as seen at Shoreham Airport on 25th April 2008 (Photo: Martin Stephen)

Comment

• Saturday Flashback ..

Low level Serbian 342 earlier this year:

Comment

• Hi everybody! Sorry for my long silence, I was offline for a while.

Referring to the previous Sav's G-MANN image, I'm posting this interesting photo of s/n 1295 while it was operated by Wiltshire and West Midlands Police back in late 1980's. The machine was based at Sussex Police HQ Air Support Unit in Lewes.

Note loudspeakers between the skids! Similar to this http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=3570#post3570
          Last edited by Zishelix; 28th August 2017, 08:10.

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought perhaps you had embarked upon a round-the-world expedition or something!

• Zishelix
            Zishelix commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing like that, just few weeks of holidays spent on a remote airfield

• Refurbishing Gordon…

WA.341C G-ZZLE painted in primer few years ago. Photo: Gazelle Squadron Display Team Collection.

Comment

• WA.341 G-IBNH at Bourne Park in May 2017. Photo: Chris Globe.

Some more shots of WA.1033 here:

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=3960#post3960
            http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=3624#post3624
            http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=5353#post5353

Comment

• Unidentified Australian Gazelles

Two Gazelle helicopters have arrived in Adelaide. Both carry a paint scheme that resembles the one of the British Army (green and grey), but the edges between those two colours looks to be hand-painted in a brown colour. On the tail boom there is a crudely applied serial (taped over), but it looks like 301 on the one and 302 on the other. I also have seen pictures of data plates, but those are not the aircraft data plates.

Anyone having an idea about their identity?

Comment

• Adelaide is fast becoming a hub of Gazelles there are more coming.

Comment

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  First, welcome aboard on Aviafora, Schmacko

That's great news! I assume you're not able to tell us more at the moment. OK, I understand. May we hope you'll put some more light on the Adelaide Gazelles when the time come?

• Dear Schmacko (what a name!)

May I add my welcome to that of Zis.

When you have the opportunity we would be pleased to receive any additional info/photos about any Gazelles you may come across.

Welcome aboard!

Sav

~ ~ ~

Montenegrin Air Force Gazelle as seen at Cerklje ob Krki Air Base in Slovenia on 18th June 2017 (Photo: VVS Photography)

Comment

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes indeed. Unfortunately we didn't get the registration of the birds attending this event, perhaps over time. Btw, do you happen to know (I'm sure I've asked before) how many Gazelles Montenegro operates?

• ADRIAN BATCHELOR

Dear Friends

It is with sadness of heart that I write to advise that Avia member Adrian Batchelor passed away yesterday following a long-running battle with cancer.

Adrian had worked as an aircraft painter and fitter spending many years with HPB Aviation, initially at Leavesden and then at Luton. Adrian was involved in painting many of the aircraft which have featured on our Nostalgia Thread (both old and new).

As a hobby Adrian also took photographs, a selection of which you can see here, some of his work can also be seen on the Nostalgia Thread and as well as here.

Since before the time that Adrian joined Aviafora he and I have shared an ongoing correspondence in which we discussed matters of mutual interest ranging from Colin Chapman's 'Team Essex' Citation (which Adrian painted) to well-known characters in aviation.

Adrian was always immensely grateful for our assistance in helping him to post photos (a number of members have had issues with this) and at times when his chemo treatment was a little too much he would simply email a photo with a few words and ask me to post them on his behalf.

Adrian was thrilled to 'make my day' by sending me a photo of a Monegasque LongRanger from the late 70's, one which has special significance for me, and for which I remain so very grateful. That photo will always remind me of dear Adrian.

Of great comfort is the fact that Adrian was a believer and in our emails we exchanged lengthy conversations about life, faith and the challenges of 'walking with God'. I was able to share several prayers and inspirational readings with Adrian during his battle with cancer and for which he seemed genuinely thankful.

I have no doubt that our dear friend and fellow Aviaforan has been received into God's loving arms.

Our love, prayers and goodwill go out to his family who have also been sent a link to this post.

RIP dear friend and may God grant you to paint in His kingdom with the vibrant colours of kindness and sincerity which were so clearly reflected by your character.

Sav/Enrico

Comment

• Oh no, I'm so sad to hear Adrian has passed away. He will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace, Adrian.

Comment

• I am sorry to hear about Adrian.

Another passing (just two days ago) is the French actress Mireille Darc, seen below with SA341G(S) F-GFEB during the inauguration of the Rotor Club de Paris at Issy-les Moulinaux heliport.

Comment

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Grazie XB! Do you happen to know if the Rotor Club de Paris is still functioning?

• xbdt
                      xbdt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No the school stopped activities in 1991 (after training 110 pilots).

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Such a shame.

• RIP Adrian

Such a great shame to lose another wonderful person with such a passion for aviation. Although we did'nt know each other at the time of his working for HPB, I am sure our paths would have crossed as I learnt to fly at Elstree and knew his boss Henry Hewitt (HPB). I also flew into Leavesden regularly and photographed many aircraft/helicopters at both Elstree and Leavesden. Having said that we became good friends later in life and sent each other lengthy emails chatting about our mutual friends in the Aviation industry.

Adrian you will be sadly missed.

RIP

Comment

• SA341G(S) YU-HVZ (cn 1295) as seen at Schönhagen Airport in Germany in August 2017 (Photo: Carsten D.)

SA341B as seen at Bournemouth beach in the UK on 31st August 2017

Comment

• Howard Stott with SA341B G-HSDL (WA1227) as seen at Manchester Barton on 27th August 2017

SA341G(S) YU-HOT (1390) as seen at Isle of Man Airport on 27th August 2017 (IOM Photography)

Formerly G-WCRD. This craft would look nice with some skid fairings, seeing as she is already fitted with a t/r driveshaft cover and fenestron hub cap.

Comment

• Steve, I wonder do we have a winner in those T-shirt contest?

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=7939#post7939
                          http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=7961#post7961

Comment

• Amended Registration Details

On 16-Aug-2017 G-OGEO, SA341G c/n 1417, change of registered owner from 'George Steel Contract Services' to 'George Steel'.

Comment

• Savoia
                              Savoia commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Grazie Jos.

• N2TV

SA341G(S) N2TV (cn 1392) as seen at Compton-Woodley Airport in California in the 1990's (Photo: Damon Duran)

This craft has appeared a couple of times previously on the thread, but (I think) this shot may be a new angle.

Now flying in the UK with Peter Brown as HA-PJB.

Comment

• SA342L 241 (1854) as seen at Fairyhouse Racecourse in August 1983 (Photo: Martin Kelly)

Comment

• SA342M GBC (2039) as seen at Étain-Rouvres Air Base on 24th August 2016 (Photo: Alex van Noye)

Comment

• S/n 2039 (actually 4039) was also coded CXF between 2004-2008. Seen here at Radom-Sadków Airport in August 28th, 2005.
                                (Photo: Adam Pekala)

Comment

• Aerospatiale demo machine F-WXFI (s/n 1515) armed with GIAT M621 machine gun and Brandt rocket launcher.

Comment

• Savoia
                                    Savoia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Nice one Zis!

• SA341C G-ZZLE (cn WA1402) ex-XX436-CU-39 in Portchester recently

G-ZZLE with Millie the Hampshire fire dog in Portchester

G-ZZLE with Millie the Hampshire fire dog in Portchester

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post

Question: Does anyone know whether the Gazelle was available with fixed floats much like the Alouette II, see here?

And .. does anyone have a photo of a Gaz with the pop-out floats inflated?
                                    All I have is this image of F-ZWRH with floats... which I think were experimental.

Comment

• Savoia
                                      Savoia commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Grazie Zis, very interesting. I think there were very few Gazelles with floats.

• Aussie pictures

Some pictures of VH-OIW, SA341C Gazelle HT.2, c/n 1007. All pictures taken by Rod Brown at Parafield Airport, which is in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide. Pictures kindly provided by Geoff Chatfield and reproduced here with his permission.

During its very first flight in Australia on 11-Dec-2015.

10-Jan-2016

10-Jan-1016

10-Jan-2016

Comment

• Unidentified Australian Gazelles

Further to my previous question, here are pictures of those two Gazelles. Reproduced here with kind permission of Geoff Chatfield. All pictures taken early September 2017. Can these Gazelles be identified by the below plates (which are not the aircraft data plates)?

Gazelle wearing serial '301'.

One of the plates on Gazelle wearing serial '301'.

Gazelle wearing serial '302'.

One of the plates on Gazelle wearing serial '302'.

Comment

• Gazelle cabs

While searching for photos I came across these both stored at the time south of Bristol....

The military one is XW904 ex Middle Wallop and I am told the owner has cut it up to make various artworks.

The other one (Red) still exists and has been moved to a workshop, and maybe for sale should anyone be interested. I have contact detail and the owner is hoping to take more photos of it soon. It looks like G-BZOS a 341C HT.2 which crashed way back on 14.7.02 at Gaydon.

XW904

And a photo of it as G-BZOS (below)

As mentioned if anyone is interested in the Gazelle I have contact details of current owner.

Comment

• The Gaz Squad at Blackbushe 75

In the beginning of this video the craft are just turning and burning, fast forward to 2 mins for the take-off.

Jos: Lovely to see these photos from Australia, bravo!

I am sure we will track-down the serial numbers of these aircraft.

Elipix, nice shots.

G-BZOS fell victim to the Gazelle's 'Tail Swing Bite' (accident report here). Mercifully though, despite four persons on board, no one was injured.

It would be nice if the owner of these frames could put them in a hangar or a barn, or at least throw a tarp over them. It just helps in that there is less corrosion to repair.

Comment

• Ex-BAG's in Storage

G-EZEL Circuit at Redhill

3½ hour endurance in this Gaz. Not bad.

Does anyone know who the instructor is?

Comment

• xbdt
                                            xbdt commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Maybe Al Gwilt

• Savoia
                                            Savoia commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Grazie XB.
                                        Working...
                                        X