X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N48284
    started a topic The Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In

The Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In

This thread is for information, support and discussion in relation to the Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In to be held at AAC Middle Wallop on Saturday 8th April 2017.

I will update this thread as often as I can and you may also track information and updates at: Threshold.aero

• N48284
    replied
    PARTICIPATION NEWS!!

We have today received confirmation that the Army de Terre will be sending two Gazelles from 3RHC!!

Also confirmed to attend is G-EZZL Gazelle HT.3 and also G-TRDS a Cabri G2.

Leave a comment:

• Savoia
    commented on 's reply
    Well done Andy, this is encouraging!

Hopefully the guys at ALAT will do the right thing and send over a delegation.

• N48284
    replied
    A few more updates to the list including CBSK from the Gazelle Squadron, discussions are still ongoing with the AAC and Joint Helicopter Command, QinetiQ and the French Army Air Corps. More news very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Helipixman
    commented on 's reply
    I think the following will cause a problem in nudging the numbers up for attendance.....

Many UK registered Gazelles are not airworthy ?
    G-BZDV, G-CBSF, G-CBSH, G-CBZL (crashed), G-CDNS, G-CGJX, G-CGJZ, G-CIEX, G-CIEY, G-CIOW, G-EROL, G-FUKM, G-GAZZ, G-LOYD, G-OGEO, G-OLDH, G-WCRD, & G-ZZEL are all showing as No CofA or permit expired and most with declarations of no flight.

That's 18 out of the UK civil Gazelle fleet of 40... nearly half. Of the airworthy G- registered examples I note only 5 are showing as attending. I am assuming the remaining 17 owners have not responded yet ? Hope they will soon. I do have contact details and some phone numbers for owners and could call them or email them.

• N48284
    replied
    I have updated the attendance list in post #2.

The new additions are all non-Gazelles however.

Calling all readers who are Gazelle owners (or who know Gazelle owners) to please encourage them to get cracking in their responses as we want to see as many Gazelles as possible on 8th April!

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Savoia
    replied
    Gaz 50 News

Flightline are now listing the fly-in as their first fixture for 2017:

http://www.air-shows.org.uk/uk-and-e...calendar-2017/

Leave a comment:

• Savoia
    commented on 's reply
    A big thank you to No. 32 Sqn for their support!

• N48284
    replied
    PARTICIPATION UPDATE

RAF 32Sqn have confirmed they will be bringing their brand new A109 Grand New GZ100 to the event, they were invited as they used to operate 4 Westland Gazelle HCC.4s on VIP and Liason duties in the 90's.

Leave a comment:

• N48284
    replied

I would like to say Thank you also to Boris who kindly created some artworks that we can use for the event.

It also looks like we have a flight of Ex Army Austers coming to help us celebrate the event too.

We are also now allowing other fenestron equipped helicopters to attend the event however these will attract an standard MOD landing fee and pax must have valid entry tickets on arrival. Unlike all Gazelles being free on both accounts. All aircraft arrivals are strictly PPR which will be handled by me closer to the date.
    Last edited by N48284; 5th February 2017, 14:05.

Leave a comment:

• N48284
    commented on 's reply
    Thats brilliant news XB!! Thank you for your support, now to give these Brits a nudge.

• Savoia
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, well done XB! Brilliant news. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

• xbdt
    replied
    N341GG is confirmed and will attend the meeting, I will post a picture of the aircraft in about 2 weeks from now ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Savoia
    commented on 's reply
    Great stuff!

I have sent you an email with details of someone who may be able to help.

• N48284
    replied
    We are speaking with ALAT at the moment. so fingers crossed.

We should have news tomorrow after our planning meeting as to whether we will allow other helicopters to come too.

Does anyone have a contact at the Cyprus Air Force?

Leave a comment:

• Savoia
    replied
    Andy mentioned that tickets go on sale this week for the 50th Anniversary Meeting at Middle Wallop.

Tickets now available from the Museum of Army Flying.

Andy - Hopefully the Army lads have invited one or two of the ALAT birds over?

Leave a comment:

• Zishelix
    commented on 's reply
    Let's hope some of them will accept your invitation

• N48284
    commented on 's reply
    We have someone on the case with AH at the moment, also Leonardo/Westland too but i don't hold out much hope there.

• Zishelix
    commented on 's reply
    Out of interest have you invited anyone from Airbus Helicopter?

• Savoia
    commented on 's reply
    Good idea as there are bound to be those who will want to do this.

• Savoia
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think the owner of F-GFCI aka 'Francesca' will respond, but we shall see.

Not sure if XB can help you to make contact with N342ET (ex F-HGUN). It might be worth a try.

Vitaly has already been invited. He 'may' come minus his Gaz, for while he is in Russia he is from Valdivostok which, as you know, is east of China!

• xbdt
    commented on 's reply
    I think only F-GEHB is still active, status of the others is very questionable, except ex F-GGPH ad I have this one in parts :-)

• N48284
    replied

We are also looking into the possibility of allowing a small number of arrival slots for non-Gazelle helicopter owners to fly in to celebrate the event. I will post here when I have a firm plan for this.

Leave a comment:

• N48284
    replied
    French Registered Civilian Gazelles:

F-GDRW
    F-GEHB
    F-GEHG
    F-GESG
    F-GFCI (Based In Italy)
    F-GGPH
    F-GKYC
    F-GMJL

I have some postal details of the mostly company ownership of these craft, does anyone know of any email details?

Also does anyone fancy coming from Russia? Vitaly?

Leave a comment:

• Zishelix
    commented on 's reply
    Great! I'll tell Boris to contact you and provide with hi-res drawings.

• N48284
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you XB!

• N48284
    commented on 's reply
    Oh WOW they are brilliant and would look great as a patch, Please pass on our thanks to Boris and yes if there are some hi rez ones you could email me that would be great!

• Zishelix
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Sav, I'm glad you like Boris' works.

• Savoia
    commented on 's reply
    These are very nice Zis.

• Zishelix
    replied
    Well done Andy! Glad to see the Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In finally rolled out publicly. We are all very keen for this to be a special event.

Speaking of which, I have a couple more event logo designs (kindly put together by a friend of mine Boris, who is great at design work and is also a Gazelle mechanic). He has kindly donated these designs for your event, so if you would like to use them to make patches or stickers or anything, then you are free to do so.

Of course, these are just sketch-drawings and can be improved.

Good to hear that more aircraft are coming - thanks also XB for your support.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X