A Day in the Clouds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Day in the Clouds

After being grounded for almost a year while my aero club's L-13Se was being overhauled and refurbished, I was finally able to hit the sky yesterday!

It was great to be in the air again. I enjoyed flying over the beautiful Dalmatia region of Croatia.

The day was enhanced by the visit of Croatia's only Alouette II (9A-HAT) which I "intercepted“ on it's approach to my home airfield. The sound of the Artouste reminds me of my beloved Gazelles!

A wonderful day was made complete with a flight in an Issoire Silène sailplane.

Hi, I'm back!

Sorry for my silence during last few weeks… I spent most of the time at places with limited Internet access. I had a great summer vacation with plenty of flying and socializing with fellow aviators.

My Aeroclub hosted this year's National Competition for Glider Pilots and the organizational board delegated some very important tasks such as cutting the airstrip and which I was pleased to assist with (see photo below)!

Despite a busy time I was able to put some new flying hours in my log book and also took the opportunity to fly this vintage bird, the EoN Type 5 Olympia sailplane, (below):

Comment

Working...
    X