X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BENEGAZ 2015

The First Benegaz Gazelle Meet

To all Gazelle lovers,

We are planning our first "Benegaz Gazelle Meet" on July 11th or 12th 2015.

Our home base is EBZM (Zomergem Heliport), but the gathering will probably be at EBUL (Ursel Air Base).

All suggestions and ideas are welcomed!

So far, we have the following responses:

HA-LFH Steve A.
    CONFIRMED
    ?? Nigel F. (Maybe he could also come with G-LEDR?)
    ?? Steve H.
    ?? Scott S.
    ?? Bruce S. Maybe more craft (I'll post it here as soon as I have an answer from him)
    N341AS Xavier dT.
    CONFIRMED
    N505HA Arnauld D. CONFIRMED
    N624EL Eric L. (Awaiting Confirmation)
    N700SH Kurt L.
    CONFIRMED
    YU-HVZ Peter V. CONFIRMED

Please check this thread for further up-dates.

Xavier

JET A1 available at EBZM, but not at EBUL.

Comment

Today I received confirmation that "The Gazelle Squadron" will be attending the Gazelle meeting. They will probably send 2 Gazelles over here! :-)

Comment

Great news! I hope the Ursel AB is large enough to host such big Gazelle fleet... 7 so far!

Comment

• md600driver
          md600driver commented
          Editing a comment
          I used to have more than that in my hangar! Lol.

Hi All,

For a variety of reasons the fly in will probably be organized on 27 and 28 June, instead of the earlier communicated date.

On 27 and 28 June there is also fly in at Ursel airfield, being organized by Ursel Avia.

So the more the merrier....

Further details to follow.

Kurt

Comment

Kurt, I hope you won't mind if some Gazelle enthusiasts (like myself) show up at the party!

Comment

• KurtLefebre
            KurtLefebre commented
            Editing a comment
            More than welcome!
            It should be a great aviation/Gazelle enthusiast weekend!
            There will also be other activities on the airfield that weekend (such as the Ursel Avia 2015 event).

• Zishelix
            Zishelix commented
            Editing a comment
            Much appreciated! Looking forward to see you all

PROPOSED FLY-IN STICKER

Here is an example of a proposed sticker which could be used for this year's 1st Fly-In at EBUL in June.

It is designed by my friend Boris Gajic (a heli-mechanic and also a Gazelle enthusiast) and to whom I am very grateful.

Your comments are welcome!

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks great!

• Zishelix
            Zishelix commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad you like it Indeed, Boris did a great job.

Yes it looks good! :-)

Comment

Some examples of how the Fly-In sticker might appear:

Boris and I thought the nose vent cover may be an ideal place to apply the sticker, and in which case the diameter should be 150 mm.

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice one Zis!

XB/Kurt - Any news on the arrangements for the Fly In, is it still going ahead?

Comment

As of today, this is what we have lined up:

Saturday 27th June: (3 Aircraft)

• N341AS
              • N700SH
              • N505HA

Sunday 28th June: (6/7 Aircraft)

• N341AS
              • N700SH
              • N505HA
              • YU-HVZ
              • HA-LFM and/or HA-LFH
              • N624EL

Unfortunately the Gazelle Squadron cannot attend, due to their participation at another airshow in the UK.

To be continued ..

See also: www.urselavia.be
              https://www.facebook.com/urselavia?fref=ts

Comment

Great! Thanks for your kind reply. Please keep us informed.

Comment

YU-HVZ will also be there on Saturday, but probably not the whole day.

Comment

BENEGAZ 2015

By the grace of God, this weekend should witness the largest ever gathering of civilian Gazelles in Belgium, at the first ever BENEGAZ Fly In.

It is fantastic that Steve has agreed to cross the channel to support this event, and that visitors are also expected from neighbouring France and the Netherlands.

This is simply to wish those participating a great weekend, and god speed for those who are travelling from further afield.

Brgds

Sav

Comment

My thoughts will also be with those attending EBUL this weekend.

Wishing all participants a great time, and looking forward to seeing the photos from the event!

Comment

Some Videos From Today:

Lift off from EBZM (Zomergem)

Holding for departure EBZM

Departure EBZM

Holding for departure EBUL (Ursel Air Base)

Departure EBUL

Comment

XB, wonderful videos, thanks for share! Seems you having a great time there

Great formation... GO GAZELLES!!!

Comment

Fantastico! Grazie XB!

Nice lift-off from Zomergem .. although .. it seems as if Kurt may have gotten out of bed just a little late this morning!

Wonderful to see the X-Craft, 505, the Kurtcraft and Black Pete departing Ursel in the final video!

Well done BENEGAZ !!!

ps: I am sorry that we have lost the 'preview' function on our videos during the website 'upgrade' but if you click on the video the details will come up.

Comment

Largest Ever Gathering of Civilian Gazelles Takes Place in Belgium

The largest ever gathering of civilian Gazelles took place in Northern Belgium on Sunday 28th June 2015 when five Gazelle helicopters met up at Ursel Air Base as part of a Fly In organised by Gazelle owners from Belgium and the Netherlands (also known as Benegaz).

The meeting was supported by two Gazelles which flew in from the UK to attend the event. On Saturday 27th an additional locally based Gazelle (N505HA) also participated, bringing to six the total number of Gazelles attending the weekend Fly In.

Prior to 2013 there were no Gazelles in Belgium.
                              All photos courtesy of Aviaforan XBDT:

G-OJCO (formerly G-LEDR) refuelling at Zomergem Heliport and seen with Nigel and Steve accompanied by family and friends

The aircraft L-R (including their Benegaz nicknames) the X-Craft, the Kurtcraft, G-OJCO, HA-LFH and Black Pete

The Benegaz line-up at Ursel Air Base on 28th June 2015: N341AS, N700SH, G-OJCO, HA-LFH, and YU-HVZ

Comment

WOW what a great scene!

Five (actually six over the weekend) airworthy civil Gazelles in the same place, can't often be seen.

XB, thanks for the great photos.

Comment

The yellow one is HA-LFH (not LFA), N505HA was also there on Saturday.

Comment

Congratulations to Benegaz on the conclusion of their first ever Gazelle meet.

A big 'bravo!' to Steve and the owner of 'JCO' for their generous commitment in supporting this event.

Looking forward to Benegaz 2016, and perhaps the possibility of adding one or two more visitors.

Well done to all involved.

Comment

More from Benegaz 2015 ..

Courtesy of XB!

The Benegaz Gazelles: The X-Craft, 505, the Kurtcraft and Black Pete, with a Dakota, at Ursel Airbase on 27th June 2015 (Photo: XB)

N341AS, N505HA, (N700SH hidden behind '505') and YU-HVZ as seen at Ursel Airbase on 27th June 2015 (Photo: XB)

Comment

Congrats to all and the wonderful turn out at BENEGAZ... great pics.

Just wonder with the so many UK based Gazelle why not hold a UKGAZ meet in 2016 somewhere (Breighton ?) and invite BENEGAZ over here !!!

Helipixman

Comment

Originally posted by Helipixman View Post

... why not hold a UKGAZ meet in 2016...
                                          This time for Gazelles only?

Comment

Originally posted by Zishelix View Post

This time for Gazelles only?
                                            We once had 12 Gazelles at Breighton for a fly in, although I have to confess that 6 of them were mine.

Comment

Originally posted by md600driver View Post

We once had 12 Gazelles at Breighton for a fly in, although I have to confess that 6 of them were mine.
                                              Sqn Ldr md600driver, we salute you!

Comment

Originally posted by Zishelix View Post

Sqn Ldr md600driver, we salute you!

I think this is almost to be expected of he who is also known as 'Mr Gazelle' and which begs the question .. how long will Steve continue to use an online "call sign" which doesn't have the word Gazelle in it?

For Elipix:

Gazelles at Breighton in 2013

At the time of this photo I think all of these were Crabtree cabs.

More Benegaz ..

SA341G N700SH (cn 1154) as seen at Ursel Airbase on 28th June 2015 (Photo: Joeri Van der Elst)

The 'Kurtcraft' as seen through the grass at Ursel last Sunday.

SA342J HA-LFH (cn 1775) as seen at Ursel Airbase on 28th June 2015 (Photo: Joeri Van der Elst)

'Tweety Bird' as seen attending Benegaz 2015!

Comment

SA341C G-OJCO (cn WA1081) as seen departing Ursel Airbase on 28th June 2015 (Photo: Peter de Jong)

Comment

Originally posted by Savoia View Post
                                                    Lol, nice one Sav!

I tawt I taw a puddy tat!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X