Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-GEHF (s/n 1320) sitting on a trolley at Toussus le Noble in 1990:

This Gazelle has "disappeared" from my database since 1998, does anyone know anything about her present condition?

Comment

• Isn't this YU-HEY now?

Comment

• You're right! Oh well, seems my Gazelle-tracking-system needs urgent improvement.

Thanks XB!

Comment

• SA341G(S) YU-HVZ (cn 1295) as seen at Volkel in de Wolken, Netherlands, on 31st May 2015 (Photo: Jimmy van Drunen)

Comment

• China made 1:32 scale model:

With a little bit of adjusting and some re-spraying, it could be a nice desktop model.

Comment

• Very nice.

Serbian Air Force Gazelle at Ladjevci, Part II:

Comment

• Here are some pictures of the sliding door configuration from N505HA

Comment

• Ah well Zis there you go, XB has posted some great shots of 505's 'unique' door!

Seeing as XB also mentioned YU-HEY ..

Does anyone (perhaps Steve) have an idea on the location of this shot?

Comment

• Thanks XB, nice photos!

Comment

• More from Belgium ..

L'Armée de Terre SA342M 3857 'GJK' as seen at Beauvechain Air Base in Belgium on 20th May 2015 (Photo: Johnny Cuppens)

Comment

• Serbi Gaz ..

Ciklonizacija Aviation SA341 YU-HEO (cn 1140) as seen at Novi Sad Airport in ÄŒenej, Serbia, in 2007

I thought this may have been a Soko Gaz but, turns out (especially with the construction number) she was built by Aérospatiale.

Comment

• Indeed, s/n 1140 components were made in Marignane, France and then shipped to Soko Mostar where it's assembled and delivered to Yugoslav AF as 12605 in 1975. Demobbed during 2003 and become YU-HEO (mainly used for mosquito spraying and other aerial works). Sadly, she had accident in May 2008 when ditched into a shallow lake. Written off same year

Comment

• HA-LFM during RAF Northolt Centenary Open Day in June 6th, 2015

(Photo: SPL Aviation Photography, courtesy of Aviaforan md600driver)

Comment

• with

N700SH and N341AS 'dancing' at Diksmuide (EBDI) Heliport!

Comment

• These are wonderful photos Kurt!

Zis, thank you for the details regarding YU-HEO, great stuff!

Nice shot of HA-LFM! Do you know when she got back from Hungary?

SA341D G-EZZL (cn 1104) as seen at Sywell Aerodrome on 30th May 2015 (Photo: Gavin)

Ex-RAF XW862.

Comment

• Wow, great pics indeed!

Looks like you two were practicing for the forthcoming Fly-In.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
                                    Nice shot of HA-LFM! Do you know when she got back from Hungary?
                                    She returned 3-4 weeks ago having just completed her 12 year check.

Comment

• Dear all,

Have finally signed-up to this most interesting forum.

I hope my contributions will be useful to you, in the same way as your contributions have been useful to me. A few weeks ago I published my (French/UK) Gazelle production listing at
                                      http://www.rotorspot.nl/product/sa341.php

Have a look and provide me with any feedback you may have.

Cheers,

Jos Stevens

www.rotorspot.nl

Comment

• Welcome Jos, so glad to see you here!

A small contribution to your list: s/n 2013 was delivered as L804 back in 1984 to Lebanese AF.

Kuwait Police SA342L s/n 1339 landing at Ali al-Saleem Sabah Air Base in 1993, infront of the hangars filled with F/A-18C

Comment

• Dear Jos

Welcome aboard!

Your website 'Rotorspot' is a great resource for the industry, well done and many thanks for all your hard work.

Wonderful to have you on the forum.

Brgds

Sav

Comment

• Originally posted by Zishelix View Post
                                            Welcome Jos, so glad to see you here!

A small contribution to your list: s/n 2013 was delivered as L804 back in 1984 to Lebanese AF.
                                            Thanks, Zis. Any idea about c/n 1823 (maybe L800)?

Regards,
                                            Jos

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotorspot View Post
                                              ... c/n 1823 (maybe L800)?
                                              Correct, L800

By the way, where did you find this SA342L "5025" AEE-369(HC)?

Comment

• Blast From The Past!

N123TY SA.341G Gazelle c/n 1264

This Gazelle was based in the UK in the Hartlepool area around 1996? until it crashed on 28.11.98.

Reports state it was being flown by its owner (a director of Yuill Homes Group who's name I have withheld) from Hartlepool to Weybridge for a rugby international between England and Australia at Twickenham.

Apparently it encountered bad weather and low cloud near the Cleveland Hills and during a descent broke cloud at 50 ft above ground level and impacted terrain at West Harsley, Northallerton at 10am. All four on board suffered minor injuries but the helicopter was destroyed.

At the time of the accident it was registered to L.J. Mayer & Assoc LLC from 16.12.96, and has only just been de-registered by the FAA on 5.5.15.

Does anyone know exactly where it was based in Hartlepool and has anything from the airframe survived?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zishelix View Post

Correct, L800

By the way, where did you find this SA342L "5025" AEE-369(HC)?

I found this in the Scramble military database under 'Ecuador' at
                                                  http://www.scramble.nl/index.php?opt...temid=60&af=ec

The data show it as gate guard at Portoviejo barracks with c/n 5025, but with the remark 'wears c/n 5011'. I have doubts about c/n 5025, which is why I have a question mark against this in my database.

Cheers,
                                                  Jos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotorspot View Post
                                                    The data show it as gate guard at Portoviejo barracks with c/n 5025, but with the remark 'wears c/n 5011'. I have doubts about c/n 5025, which is why I have a question mark against this in my database.
                                                    Of course, without officail documents it's hard to be sure but I also doubt it's c/n 5025.

Comment

• Helipix, nice shot of N123TY! I don't know about her time in the UK (but interesting to read the details you posted). I think this aircraft 'may' have been on the Norwegian register at some point... I see Jos already listed some Gazelle in LN-Register

Comment

• FYI: Ecuadorian Gazelles 5011, 1887, 1881, 1434, 1427 and 1423 have all been sold to a civilian company for refurbishment.

Steve

Comment

• I am looking for the c/n's for several Russian Gazelles. They all wear the same colour pattern, but in different colours.

See pictures of:

G-BXTH (c/n 1120) is blue/white
                                                          RA-1341K (c/n 1079) is red/white
                                                          RA-3341K (c/n ....) is blue/white
                                                          RF-00383 (c/n ....) is green/white
                                                          RF-20446 (c/n ....) is blue/white

And is there a specific reason for their identical schemes?

Regards,
                                                          Jos

Comment

• Elipix: Nice shot of N123TY. Maybe Steve knows something about where she was based? I see she's a stretched version.

Steve: Thanks for the news regarding the Ecuadorian Gazelles. Do you happen to know which country they will be refurbished in, and do you suppose they will need a lot of work?

Speaking of Ecuadorian Gazelles ..

Unfortunately a slightly poor quality video. The question which begs to be asked though .. is where did all those sacks go!

Jos: If you visit our Gazelles for Sale page, you will be able to add RA-1158G to your list!

Russian Gazelles are something of a 'black hole'. Just the other day I was able to determine that ex-I-LDAV is now in fact RA-218G (see video here). Regarding the colour schemes I don't know why so many of the Russian registered cabs use that scheme .. unless of course they all came from the same supplier? Maybe Zis has some clues.

However, RA-05702 and RA-05703 are at least in different schemes, well maybe not 702!

More HA-LFM ..

HA-LFM as seen at RAF Northolt on 13th June 2015 (Photo: Matt Sudol)

Comment

• SA341G(S) N340SM (cn 1509) as seen at Tatenhill Airfield on 14th June 2015 (Photo: John McLinden)

Comment

Working...
                                                              X