Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-IBNH in Buckland Newton, Dorset

Some insightful comments by the videographer!

Comment

• UK HELICOPTER FORCE TO BE HALVED

All of these cuts have been hidden from public view as older aircraft have been retired and no replacements have been ordered. Thus the loss of the Gazelle aircraft, used widely by the Army Air Corps in field liaison and other tasks, has not been noticed or announced.
      Read Sav's rant on this matter here

Comment

• SA341G Westland Gazelle G-BAGJ (cn WA1039) as seen in 1978

Comment

• SA341G(S) N150SF (cn 1584) as seen at Ascot Racecourse on 24th June 2015 (Photo: Westleigh Bushell)

Seems as though this craft has only ever been on the US register.

Comment

• G-CDNZ and G-CBSH with an MD500 as seen at Bourne Park on 9th August 2015

Comment

• European Gazelles ..

Montenegrin Gazelle 12941

Serbian Gazelle Cola?

Zis will have to explain when he returns.

Serbian Gazelle driver Anja Krneta

Maple Leaf Helicopters are advertising the following Gaz:

No registration .. but on page 18 we have this craft photographed as S5-HCR which was on the Slovenian register as a Soko-built SA341H cn. 027.

Has this cab been shipped across the Atlantic? Also, from the same link at Maple Leaf (above) can we assume that C-GONG is still for sale?

Comment

• SA341G(S) YU-HWF (cn 1407) as seen at Welshpool Airport in Wales on 2nd August 2015 (Photo: Brian Nicholas)

Comment

• SA341D G-CBJZ (WA1734) as seen at Hamburg Fuhlsbuettel Airport on 11th August 2015

Comment

• Niki Lauda seen aboard SA341H Soko Gazelle HA-LFO (cn 022) at Hungaroring race track in Budapest in July 2015

Serbian Air force SA342 Soko Gazelle as seen at Batajnica Air Base in August 2015 (Photo: Dimitrije Ostojic)

Comment

• York businessman is former Gaz driver!

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/business/...ffee_Emporium/

Could be a future Crabtree client!

Comment

• Just briefly hello to all Aviaforans, nice to be with you again

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Welcome back amico!

• Those interesting photo of S5-HCR with a motorcycle (Sav's post # 1296) remind me on this poster I got from a local Piaggio/Malaguti dealer. Since the poster was quite old and damaged at the time, I succeed to persuade the owner to "get rid of it"

I-LDAV posing for Malaguti "Idee In Moto" advertisement

Comment

• Nice one Zis!

SA341G YU-HMC (cn 1136) as seen at Sywell Aerodrome on 30th May 2015 (Photo: Derek Heley)

Ex "Citizen Kane".

Comment

• ZU-HBH in anti-poaching role as seen in May last year by photographer Adrian Munroe:

Comment

• Cockpit wiev from The X-Craft aka N341AS, thanks to Mr. Tom Buysse ... Xav, if need "a ballast" for the left front, I volunteer

Comment

• HA-PPY, Soko's c/n 021, at Budapest Prestige heliport in August 3rd, 2015. (Photo: Ocsovai Gergely)

LAASDATA.COM quoting this bird as based at Brierley, Yorks.

Comment

• On Board HA-LFK

Comment

• Another shot of ZU-HBH:

ZU-HBH as seen during a demonstration in South Africa on 9th May 2015 (Photo: Bruce Perkins)

Comment

• I don't know how effective this arrangement is, but it looks very 'cool'.

I wonder whether the pedals are causing any discomfort for the person sitting opposite the pilot? It seems like an unusual seating position to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zishelix View Post
                                      I don't know how effective this arrangement is, but it looks very 'cool'.

I wonder whether the pedals are causing any discomfort for the person sitting opposite the pilot? It seems like an unusual seating position to me!
                                      Old habits die hard!

The South Africans and Rhodesians had a habit of installing rearward-facing seats in most of their light helicopters:

Rhodesian Light Infantry K-Car as seen in 1976

Regarding the 'effectiveness' of shooters hanging off the side of the aircraft .. it's okay .. just so long as your quarry isn't armed for, as you can see, there's 'nowt' protection! And btw, all the poachers I ever came across in Africa .. were armed. In fact in Kenya the first two anti-poaching ships (both Hughes 500C's) sported an assortment of patches on the fuselage - evidence of their encounters with the ivory hunters.

Re: the pedals .. I 'suppose' they are removed (hopefully)?

Comment

• I came across this interesting air-to-air photo of WA.341G G-BBHW.

Sorry, couldn't do much regarding the photo's quality because it was originally posted this way.

Comment

• Savoia
                                          Savoia commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Yes, its a little grainy but .. a nice shot nonetheless, and would appear to be taken in Scotland. McAlpine seems to have owned this craft from 1974 to 1991 but .. I believe this shot is probably c. late 70's because to the best of my knowledge this craft changed from being red and white to cream and black in 1981.

• SA.341C G-ZZLE (ex HT.2 XX436) s/n 1402 attended this year's Dawlish Air Show (Photo: Nick Weight)

Comment

• A poor quality scan of an SA.341G (probably Petroleum Helicopters Inc's N9076) seen landing on oil rig during offshore support work.

Comment

• Savoia
                                            Savoia commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Amazing to think that PHI operated a Gazelle - just like Bristow's (Offshore Helicopters Inc.) Gaz!

• Play time...

An idea, few LEGOs, some spare time and voilà - functional rotor, electric drive, 4 channel controls in cockpit, 1:14 scaled Gazelle

Comment

• Savoia
                                            Savoia commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Something for the children this Christmas perhaps!

• RA-1158G

This craft still seems to be up for sale:

RA-1158G as seen in Belorechensk, Russia

Sadly, I still cannot identify the construction number for this craft.

ps: Did somebody paint those blades white?

Comment

• Still unknown (at least for me ) Sunwest Helicopters Ltd. Gazelle... already appeared in the post #688.

Comment

• Savoia
                                              Savoia commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              It would certainly be nice to hear something about Sunwest at some point.

• G-CDNO Part Share For Sale

G-CDNO is an ex-Army Gazelle operated on a CAA permit to fly. We are looking to sell part shares in the aircraft to suitably qualified pilots. The minimum requirement is 200 hours helicopter time, ideally with some turbine experience.

The aircraft is based in Kirton in Lincolnshire (N5256.14 W00004.74).

By arrangement the aircraft can be used for special events on a cost sharing basis.

Please contact Jim on 07971 123530 or by email: jim@cjhelicopters.co.uk
                                            http://www.cjhelicopters.co.uk/flying.html

Comment

• Such a good looking machine!

G-OGAZ sitting at Carlisle Airport in March 11th, 2004 (Photo: Peter Nicholson)
                                              Last edited by Zishelix; 28th August 2015, 07:09.

Comment

• Coming back to Gazelle F-WQGY at

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=3759#post3759

Further research has revealed that there were 2 Gazelles having worn registration F-WQGY, both in 2008. They are c/n 1997 (Burundi Air Force serial 1125) and c/n 2165 (a former Chinese military machine). Based on the colour scheme as shown in the picture I am pretty sure that it is c/n 2165.

Cheers,
                                                Jos Stevens
                                                www.rotorspot.nl

Comment

• Zishelix
                                                  Zishelix commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  "...I am pretty sure that it is c/n 2165."

I agree

• Savoia
                                                  Savoia commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Nice work Jos.

• WA.341C G-RBIL at Wabtec's Brush Works in Loughborough, Leicestershire in June 10th, 2015.

Comment

• Savoia
                                                  Savoia commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Nice one Zis!
                                              Working...
                                              X