No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice low Gazelle flying by Anthony Chan: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000501759386

Also, here is a fly by of ZU-ROC and may be the first time she is captured on video:

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      In the video of ZU-ROC as she approaches the camera it sounds as though she may have some uneven blade tape or that her tracking needs fine-tuning. You know that 'steam train' sound the blades can make in such circumstances.

• Che bello Stefano!

We seem to have lost track of this bird since Jos mentioned about her transfer to South Africa, so its nice to finally catch up with her. Perhaps she's been in the shop till now?

Seeing as you've allowed us to see ZU-ROC in flight for the firs time, it seems only appropriate that we should also display her first photo on the forum!

SA341F ZU-ROC (cn 1400) as seen at Rand Airport in December 2016 (Photo: Bruce Perkins)

Notice .. an ex-mil bird with tailrotor driveshaft cover and skid fairings. Very nice! Although .. the area directly beneath the sand filter looks a bit 'untidy', is that normal?

Zis, is this a nice shade of red .. or is this a nice shade of red?

Comment

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed, the best Gazelle red livery I've seen so far! Looks like a candy

• YU-HPZ

SA342J(S) YU-HPZ (cn 1473) as seen at Gloucester Airport on 14th January 2017 (Photo: Andy)

Ex G-TOPZ.

Comment

• BENEGAZ to Gain New Member

Based on recent information provided by Avia member XB, we understand that N341GG is set to remain in the Low Countries and thus become the fifth member of BENEGAZ (the Belgium and Netherlands Gazelles).

The other members of the group are N341AS, N505HA, N700SH and YU-HVZ.

In 2014 we presented XB with the Silver Gazelle Award for his achievements in introducing the Gazelle to this region, and we are very pleased to see that his work continues so effectively.

Congratulations and well done XB!

Sav's Note: Because of this craft's registration 'GG' and the fact that she is to be painted black, I am proposing that her Avia name be 'Black Horse'.

Sav's Note II: (Edited to reflect XB's comment below. My apologies to XB!).

In 2016 BENEGAZ received her fifth member N341DT which I provisionally named 'Bluebird', for obvious reasons, although it is possible that her colours will be changed and so too therefore her name.

The members of BENEGAZ are now therefore six with the entire group consisting of:

N341AS, N505HA, N700SH, YU-HVZ, N341DT and N341GG.

From no Gazelles in Belgium, to six craft (one honorary) in just four years! Once again .. bravo!

Comment

• xbdt
        xbdt commented
        Editing a comment
        You forgot my N341DT so 6 in total!

Wait a little with 'Black Horse' you'll be surprised. It goes into the paint shop on Feb 4th. Expect to see a result by the end of February.

• Zishelix
        Zishelix commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations guys! An remarkable achievement, indeed. I can just imagine how much time and dedicated working hours (not to mention money) such project required. Once again - well done!

• SA341G N18BC (cn 1051) as seen Stateside

Original post.

RA-05703 Snow Landing

SA341B RA-05703 (cn WA1524) landing (or trying to land) in snow

Comment

• SA342J YU-HEV (cn 1393) NFI (Photo by Ray)

N37UP Departure

SA341G N37UP (cn 1224) departing Aeroporto di Pavullo nel Frignano, Modena

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
          I 'think' Elipix may have a shot of this craft when she was ZB626?
          ZB626/G-BZDW/3D-HVW

ZB626 at RAF Leuchars Airshow 1996

ZB626/G-BZDW at Stapleford

G-BZDW at Stapleford

3D-HVW getting ready for its appearance at Helitech (Stapleford 24.9.01)

3D-HVW at Helitech, Duxford 2001

All photos from the Helipixman collection

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            These are lovely shots Elipix, bravo!

I wonder if GazEngineer was around when these were taken?

• Rotorspot
            Rotorspot commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, Helitech 2001. My first ever visit to Helitech. Much better in those days than today's Helitech events in London or Amsterdam.

• Zishelix
            Zishelix commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah Helipix, excellent photos as always!

• Anja Krneta with SAF SA342 12936

Comment

• Toward the Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In

Franch ALAT SA.342M (4188/AOC) at AAC Middle Wallop International Airshow in July 22nd, 1990. (Photo: Stefan R Szrama)

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Let's hope a couple of ALAT birds make it over for the event!

• SA341G(S) G-BKLV (1307) as seen at Wroughton Airfield in 1986 (Photo: Michael Rice)

Became G-UTZY, now G-OLDH.

SimuGaz: MP Design Studio's rendering of ALAT SA342 'ATY'

Slow-Mo Approach to Deck

SA342 'GEM' Approach to deck in slo-mo

Comment

• As far I can tell, this video hasn't appeared on this forum. If not, I don't understand why
            . . . and, if it has, it's worth seeing again anyway

Some other variations:

Comment

• Please if anyone can help me about ID of this Gazelle airframe

Some better photo of the 'actor' would be also appreciated!

Comment

• Chuck Aaron with SA341F Stateside

Went out flying this 341-F Gazelle today for a new commercial coming out in a few weeks. This is the same helicopter my son Charles flew for several years before he went to heaven to fly for the Lord, where he got his "Master of all Wings"!

Miss you son ...

— Chuck Aaron

Grecian Gaz

SA341G SX-HDL (cn 1566) as seen at Koropi Heliport, Greece on 6th April 1997 (Photo: Don Hewins)

Not perhaps the most enchanting colour scheme I have seen, but there we are.

Comment

• Nice. Does anyone know what happened to this Gazelle after its cancellation from the Greek register?

Comment

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry Jos, not able to help much about since I'm also lack with fresh data regarding SX-HDL. Last info I have is from 2001 (sale advertisement by Hoffman Aircraft Co. According the seller, at the time the machine were equipped with High Skids, Strobes, Tail Rotor Drive Shaft Cover, Heater, Duels, Rotor Brake, Night Light Kit, VHF Instrument Panel, AT 150 Transponder with Encoder, KX 195 Transcever, KR85 ADF, KCS 305 Slaved Compass, SP 700 Compass & Avtech Audio Panel, Wulfsburg 40 Flitephone)

Let's hope some fellow Aviaforan will know more about s/n 1566 present status

• One of two prototypes (SA.340-001) was temporary marked as SA.349Z back in early 1970s, regd F-ZWRF and also had wings

Go to original post.

ALAT SA342M 'GMD'

Cypriot SA342L1 '355'

Royal Moroccan Air Force SA342L CN-ACP (cn 1946) at Marrakech

Not a great number of military Gazelles wear skid fairings, but this is one of them.

Comment

• Gazelle Viviane Night Ops

L' Armée de terre Shipborne Ops

Don't forget to follow our FB page:

Comment

• N341AS in the Snow

Comment

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol! This is lovely XB, bravo !!!

The X-Craft looking very tidy as always. Well done.

• F-GIJR

SA341G(S) F-GIJR (cn 1407) as seen at AĂ©rodrome de Tousses Le Noble on 17th June 1991 (Photo: Don Hewins)

Ex N49523, N869, N869GT and G-EHUP. Now flying as YU-HWF.

SA341F for sale in South Africa.

Comment

• SA341B XX376 (cn WA1254) as seen at Middle Wallop on 26th July 1975 (Photo: Robin Walker)

Zis, some Gaz brochures for you:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/WESTLAND-AERO...oAAOSwUKxYhQmv

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/AEROSPATIALE-...8AAOSwNnRYhR5j

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grazie Warty, great stuff!

What was/is 'Kangaw Flight'?

• Warty
                        Warty commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The Flight of 3 aircraft was named after the battle of Kangaw (Burma now Myanmar), which ended 72 years ago yesterday. Also known as the Battle of Hill 170. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hill_170

3 CBAS established itself at Coypool, Plymouth on 19 July 1971. Each flight was named after the battle honour of its affiliated Commando, namely Dieppe Flight for 40 Commando, Kangaw Flight for 42 Commando, Salerno Flight for 41 Commando and Montforterbeek Flight for 45 Commando. The Brigade HQ Flight was named Brunei Flight to commemorate the first time the 'Commando Gunners' (29 Cdo RA) went into action to support the Brigade.

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just brilliant, grazie!

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
                      Zis, some Gaz brochures for you:
                      Thanks, very interesting!

Comment

• Gazelle Squadron 2017 Display Season

14 May Abingdon Airfield (Dalton Barracks), Oxfordshire
                        21 May 3CBAS Reunion
                        17-18 June Weston Super Mare, Somerset
                        24 June Medway Maritime Hospital, Gillingham, Kent
                        08 Jul RNAS Yeovilton, Somerset
                        14-16 Jul RAF Fairford, Gloucestershire
                        27 (Date TBC) July RNAS Culdrose, Cornwall
                        09-10 Sept RAF Scampton, Lincs
                        ?? Sep RAF Brize Norton, Gloucestershire
                        14 Sep RAF Jersey

See The Gazelle Squadron site for more info.

Comment

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I see no April 8th Middle Wallop scheduled... or it goes without saying?

• Originally posted by Zishelix View Post
                        I see no April 8th Middle Wallop scheduled... or it goes without saying
                        I believe at the moment they are not going.

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          French accent on: 'Ze Gaz Squad are not comeeng? Sacré bleu, c'est pas possible! What is wrong weeth zem??!!'

• N48284
                          N48284 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They have been invited! Zis they have one airworthy Gazelle G-CBSK

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          According to the Squadron website they quote their fleet as 9 Gazelles plus three customer Gazelles. I know a few of them are not civilian registered and long term projects. Also noted from their website that the first display they are doing at Abingdon they are showing four Gazelles there. Such a shame if they do not make it to Middle Wallop being so close and with so many UK registered Gazelles. Would be great to see them attend.
                          Last edited by Helipixman; 2nd February 2017, 20:39.

• More BAG's ..

SA341B XZ344 (cn WA1704) as seen at RAF Finningley on 17th September 1983 (Photo: Steve Procter)

Comment

• This photo was taken yesterday at the Wessex Aviation hangar at Biggin Hill:

XX414 cn WA1366

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Grazie Elipix, she's an ex-Air Ambulance by the look of it.

• Rotorspot
                            Rotorspot commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Indeed, 2-BREM once was LN-OTJ with the Norsk Luftambulans.

• Helipixman
                            Helipixman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            G-EYNL started in the UK as a Police (black and yellow) machine for Humberside police (memory recalls the reg meant East Yorks/North Lincs) and then went to East Anglia as an air ambulance.

• Monsieur ingĂ©nieur RenĂ© Mouille with his famous fenestron:

Go to original post.

Comment

• XX453

SA341B XX453 (cn WA1454) as seen at Castleair's Liskeard Heliport in Cornwall in January 2017 (Photo: Cornish Aviation)

With the tail of PDG's EC135 T2+ G-GLAB also visible.

Gaz Jobs

Would you like to work at Middle Wallop in an administrative role involving UK Army Gazelles? If so then here's the job for you: https://www.civilservicejobs.service...de=0&language=

Plus, the MoD are still looking for civilians to work on AAC Gazelles: http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/job...elle-7/8197479

Comment

• I notice two new enamel Gazelle Pin Badges show up on the market recently:

Just in time to mark a golden jubilee!

Comment

• Savoia
                                Savoia commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Great stuff. One could buy a stack of them to hand out to visitors at the Middle Wallop meet!

• Benegaz bird N341GG (provisional Avia name 'Black Horse') has now gone in for her respray.

We wish XB and his crew all the best as they give this craft her new coat!

YU-HPZ Yesterday:

SA342J(S) YU-HPZ (cn 1473) as seen at Swansea Airport in Wales on 5th February 2017 (Photo: Roger Winser)

Comment

• Zishelix
                                Zishelix commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Nice photo... it will be even better if there's no car in the range.

• A pair of Ecuadorean Gazelles:

It is possible that one of these is now flying in South Africa.

Comment

• HAI Heli-Expo 2017

Among the exhibitors listed at next month's Heli-Expo in Dallas, is an outfit named Gazelle Aero.

Whether they have anything to do with Gazelles I do not yet know, but if anyone is aware of what they do, please advise.

Comment

• md600driver
                                  md600driver commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Gazelle aero are a importer into the USA of ex French military gazelle 341f helicopters
                              Working...
                              X