The Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In

This thread is for information, support and discussion in relation to the Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In to be held at AAC Middle Wallop on Saturday 8th April 2017.

I will update this thread as often as I can and you may also track information and updates at: Threshold.aero

Invites have now been sent to all UK civil owners and a few from Europe, I will post a list of the aircraft I still have no owner details for a bit later today.

Currently confirmed responses include:
    (I will continue to update this list as new ones are added)

Gazelles:

N901B
    HA-LFH
    N341AS
    N341GG
    N505HA
    G-CBGZ
    G-CBSK
    G-CDNO
    G-CTFS
    G-EZZL
    G-GAZA
    G-VOIP
    G-ZZLE
    YU-HES
    YU-HPZ
    YU-HEY
    2x French Army Air Corps Gazelles
    Plus AAC participation

Non Gazelles:

GZ100 A109 32Sqn RAF
    10x Austers
    G-CIGH Broussard
    G-PERT EC130
    G-PERH/U Cabri G2
    G-RAVN R44 Alan Smith
    G-HUEZ H500
    G-TRDS Cabri G2
    G-SARO Skeeter
    Last edited by N48284; 23rd March 2017, 21:09.

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha .. we are humbled and priviledged to see Aviaforans leading the responses! Well done Stefano and Adrian together with two members from Benegaz .. XB and Arnaud! I think however XB may come with more a/c, well shall see nearer the time LOL! Perhaps he will lead a small flock of them across the Channel!

That sounds great, which may they be if they come?

Comment

Originally posted by N48284 View Post
      That sounds great, which may they be if they come?

Ah well, I am being very cheeky and seeking to prompt XB to encourage at least one additional member of Benegaz to attend.

The current members of Benegaz (Belgium and Netherlands Gazelles) are:

N341AS
      N700SH
      N505HA
      YU-HVZ

All of which may be seen departing Ursel Air Base during the first Benegaz meet in 2015 in the video below.

Also, if we ask him very politely, perhaps XB will extend invitation to Nellie's owner to join the Benegaz contingent in crossing the Channel!

In fact, it would be great if Elipix could capture a shot of Nellie (N624EL) next to the newly painted HA-LFH seeing as they are now similarly attired!

Comment

N624EL probably not but maybe N341GG I'll ask the new owner shortly.

Comment

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah well, there you are Andy, already the prospect of another bird!

Fantastic XB!

• N48284
          N48284 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you XB!

Well done Andy! Glad to see the Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly In finally rolled out publicly. We are all very keen for this to be a special event.

Speaking of which, I have a couple more event logo designs (kindly put together by a friend of mine Boris, who is great at design work and is also a Gazelle mechanic). He has kindly donated these designs for your event, so if you would like to use them to make patches or stickers or anything, then you are free to do so.

Of course, these are just sketch-drawings and can be improved.

Good to hear that more aircraft are coming - thanks also XB for your support.

Comment

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Sav, I'm glad you like Boris' works.

• N48284
          N48284 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh WOW they are brilliant and would look great as a patch, Please pass on our thanks to Boris and yes if there are some hi rez ones you could email me that would be great!

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Great! I'll tell Boris to contact you and provide with hi-res drawings.

French Registered Civilian Gazelles:

F-GDRW
        F-GEHB
        F-GEHG
        F-GESG
        F-GFCI (Based In Italy)
        F-GGPH
        F-GKYC
        F-GMJL

I have some postal details of the mostly company ownership of these craft, does anyone know of any email details?

Also does anyone fancy coming from Russia? Vitaly?

Comment

• xbdt
          xbdt commented
          Editing a comment
          I think only F-GEHB is still active, status of the others is very questionable, except ex F-GGPH ad I have this one in parts :-)

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think the owner of F-GFCI aka 'Francesca' will respond, but we shall see.

Not sure if XB can help you to make contact with N342ET (ex F-HGUN). It might be worth a try.

Vitaly has already been invited. He 'may' come minus his Gaz, for while he is in Russia he is from Valdivostok which, as you know, is east of China!

We are also looking into the possibility of allowing a small number of arrival slots for non-Gazelle helicopter owners to fly in to celebrate the event. I will post here when I have a firm plan for this.

Comment

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Out of interest have you invited anyone from Airbus Helicopter?

• N48284
          N48284 commented
          Editing a comment
          We have someone on the case with AH at the moment, also Leonardo/Westland too but i don't hold out much hope there.

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Let's hope some of them will accept your invitation

Andy mentioned that tickets go on sale this week for the 50th Anniversary Meeting at Middle Wallop.

Tickets now available from the Museum of Army Flying.

Andy - Hopefully the Army lads have invited one or two of the ALAT birds over?

Comment

We are speaking with ALAT at the moment. so fingers crossed.

We should have news tomorrow after our planning meeting as to whether we will allow other helicopters to come too.

Does anyone have a contact at the Cyprus Air Force?

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Great stuff!

I have sent you an email with details of someone who may be able to help.

N341GG is confirmed and will attend the meeting, I will post a picture of the aircraft in about 2 weeks from now ;-)

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, well done XB! Brilliant news. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

• N48284
            N48284 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats brilliant news XB!! Thank you for your support, now to give these Brits a nudge.

I would like to say Thank you also to Boris who kindly created some artworks that we can use for the event.

It also looks like we have a flight of Ex Army Austers coming to help us celebrate the event too.

We are also now allowing other fenestron equipped helicopters to attend the event however these will attract an standard MOD landing fee and pax must have valid entry tickets on arrival. Unlike all Gazelles being free on both accounts. All aircraft arrivals are strictly PPR which will be handled by me closer to the date.
          Last edited by N48284; 5th February 2017, 14:05.

Comment

PARTICIPATION UPDATE

RAF 32Sqn have confirmed they will be bringing their brand new A109 Grand New GZ100 to the event, they were invited as they used to operate 4 Westland Gazelle HCC.4s on VIP and Liason duties in the 90's.

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              A big thank you to No. 32 Sqn for their support!

Gaz 50 News

Flightline are now listing the fly-in as their first fixture for 2017:

http://www.air-shows.org.uk/uk-and-e...calendar-2017/

Comment

I have updated the attendance list in post #2.

The new additions are all non-Gazelles however.

Calling all readers who are Gazelle owners (or who know Gazelle owners) to please encourage them to get cracking in their responses as we want to see as many Gazelles as possible on 8th April!

Many thanks

Comment

• Helipixman
                Helipixman commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the following will cause a problem in nudging the numbers up for attendance.....

Many UK registered Gazelles are not airworthy ?
                G-BZDV, G-CBSF, G-CBSH, G-CBZL (crashed), G-CDNS, G-CGJX, G-CGJZ, G-CIEX, G-CIEY, G-CIOW, G-EROL, G-FUKM, G-GAZZ, G-LOYD, G-OGEO, G-OLDH, G-WCRD, & G-ZZEL are all showing as No CofA or permit expired and most with declarations of no flight.

That's 18 out of the UK civil Gazelle fleet of 40... nearly half. Of the airworthy G- registered examples I note only 5 are showing as attending. I am assuming the remaining 17 owners have not responded yet ? Hope they will soon. I do have contact details and some phone numbers for owners and could call them or email them.

A few more updates to the list including CBSK from the Gazelle Squadron, discussions are still ongoing with the AAC and Joint Helicopter Command, QinetiQ and the French Army Air Corps. More news very soon.

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Well done Andy, this is encouraging!

Hopefully the guys at ALAT will do the right thing and send over a delegation.

PARTICIPATION NEWS!!

We have today received confirmation that the Army de Terre will be sending two Gazelles from 3RHC!!

Also confirmed to attend is G-EZZL Gazelle HT.3 and also G-TRDS a Cabri G2.

Comment

Working...
              X