X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heliaction Lama in the Caucasus Mountains in March 2019

Comment

• 50th Anniversary of the First Flight of the Lama

The Lama first flew on 17th March 1969 with the maiden flight carried out by test pilot Roland Coffignot accompanied by engineer Gérard Boutin. This flight was performed in SA315A F-BPXS (001).

SA315A F-BPXS cn.001 (Photo: Sud Aviation Archives)

SA315A Lama F-BPXS (cn.001) as seen at La Grande-Motte in southern France (Photo from the Daniel Liron collection courtesy of Pierre Gillard)

SA315A Lama F-BPXS (cn.001) during its test flying

A combination of the airframe of an Alouette II with the dynamic components of the Alouette III, the Lama performed its first flight with Roland Coffignot and Gérard Boutin.

Until the development of the Ecureuil B3, the SA315 Lama was the king of mountain work, thanks to its amazing power to weight ratio.

A total of 447 Lamas were delivered, of which 86 are still in service. The Lama has accrued over 3,512,100 flight hours.

— Airbus

F-BPXS as seen in Switzerland in 1975 having been upgraded to a 315B (Photo by E. Devaud)

Comment

• F-GRRB

Mont Blanc Hélicoptères SA315B F-GRRB (cn.2475) NFI

Comment

• N297CJ

SE313B Alouette II N297CJ (cn.1847) as seen at Breighton Airfield on 20th September 2015 alongside '901' (Photo by Malcolm Clarke)

Elipix, do you have any ownership details for this craft?

Comment

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            No not really its seems to have been registered to trustee companies who give very little away.....

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
          Elipix, do you have any ownership details for this craft?

Yes, me at that time.

She is now sold and her new owner is expecting delivery within the next 2 weeks.

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha ha .. ah Stefano .. you never cease to amaze me!

So, N297CJ was a Crabtree Alouette? I mean she is looking very clean and neat and tidy, and yet and AFAIK this is the first shot of her that I am seeing.

I think we need to somehow keep closer track of the Crabtree inventory.

We wish her new owner safe and happy flying!

Elipix, do you have any shots of this bird?

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I do but again they will need to be scanned at weekend

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah well, we don't want you to be chained to the scanner each weekend, so whenever you have the opportunity amico.

• More 1847 ..

Elipix, she seems to have been F-GLPI prior to N297JC, and is seen below on high skids in Paris while serving with CL Copter.

SE313B Alouette II F-GLPI (cn.1847) as seen at Issy-les-Moulineaux on 14th July 1994 (Photo by Jakob Dahlgaard)

Bonus Alouette

SE313B Alouette II F-AZYQ (cn.1003) as seen at aérodrome de Lognes in June 2015 (Photo by Michael Mau courtesy of Pierre Gillard)

Comment

• SA315B RA-1565G as seen in North Ossetia, Russia in March 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
              Ha ha .. ah Stefano .. you never cease to amaze me!

So, N297CJ was a Crabtree Alouette? I mean she is looking very clean and neat and tidy, and yet and AFAIK this is the first shot of her that I am seeing.

I think we need to somehow keep closer track of the Crabtree inventory.

We wish her new owner safe and happy flying!

N297CJ was safely delivered to her new owner today.

I have had 3 x Alouette 316, 1 x 319 and 2 x 313.

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Bravo Stefano, great stuff!

And there I was thinking that the 'Army Girl' was your first Alouette!

• HB-XRD

Heli-TV SA315B HB-XRD as seen in Valle di Blenio, Switzerland in April 2018 (Photo by Michele Ceresa)

Comment

• SA315B RA-1565G as seen at Hotel Fiagdon in Vladikavkaz, North Ossetia–Alania, Russia on 10th April 2019

Comment

• HAL Lancer

Indian Air Force HAL Lancer (SA315B) ZI443 (cn.2332) as seen in India in 2013 (Photo by Angad Singh)

Comment

Working...
                  X