Alouettes & Lamas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Anniversary of the First Flight of the Lama

The Lama first flew on 17th March 1969 with the maiden flight carried out by test pilot Roland Coffignot accompanied by engineer Gérard Boutin. This flight was performed in SA315A F-BPXS (001).

SA315A F-BPXS cn.001 (Photo: Sud Aviation Archives)

SA315A Lama F-BPXS (cn.001) as seen at La Grande-Motte in southern France (Photo from the Daniel Liron collection courtesy of Pierre Gillard)

SA315A Lama F-BPXS (cn.001) during its test flying

A combination of the airframe of an Alouette II with the dynamic components of the Alouette III, the Lama performed its first flight with Roland Coffignot and Gérard Boutin.

Until the development of the Ecureuil B3, the SA315 Lama was the king of mountain work, thanks to its amazing power to weight ratio.

A total of 447 Lamas were delivered, of which 86 are still in service. The Lama has accrued over 3,512,100 flight hours.

— Airbus

F-BPXS as seen in Switzerland in 1975 having been upgraded to a 315B (Photo by E. Devaud)

Comment

• F-GRRB

Mont Blanc Hélicoptères SA315B F-GRRB (cn.2475) NFI

Comment

• N297CJ

SE313B Alouette II N297CJ (cn.1847) as seen at Breighton Airfield on 20th September 2015 alongside '901' (Photo by Malcolm Clarke)

Elipix, do you have any ownership details for this craft?

Comment

• Helipixman
          Helipixman commented
          Editing a comment
          No not really its seems to have been registered to trustee companies who give very little away.....

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
        Elipix, do you have any ownership details for this craft?

Yes, me at that time.

She is now sold and her new owner is expecting delivery within the next 2 weeks.

Comment

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha .. ah Stefano .. you never cease to amaze me!

So, N297CJ was a Crabtree Alouette? I mean she is looking very clean and neat and tidy, and yet and AFAIK this is the first shot of her that I am seeing.

I think we need to somehow keep closer track of the Crabtree inventory.

We wish her new owner safe and happy flying!

Elipix, do you have any shots of this bird?

• Helipixman
          Helipixman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I do but again they will need to be scanned at weekend

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah well, we don't want you to be chained to the scanner each weekend, so whenever you have the opportunity amico.

• More 1847 ..

Elipix, she seems to have been F-GLPI prior to N297JC, and is seen below on high skids in Paris while serving with CL Copter.

SE313B Alouette II F-GLPI (cn.1847) as seen at Issy-les-Moulineaux on 14th July 1994 (Photo by Jakob Dahlgaard)

Bonus Alouette

SE313B Alouette II F-AZYQ (cn.1003) as seen at aérodrome de Lognes in June 2015 (Photo by Michael Mau courtesy of Pierre Gillard)

Comment

• SA315B RA-1565G as seen in North Ossetia, Russia in March 2019

Comment

Ha ha .. ah Stefano .. you never cease to amaze me!

So, N297CJ was a Crabtree Alouette? I mean she is looking very clean and neat and tidy, and yet and AFAIK this is the first shot of her that I am seeing.

I think we need to somehow keep closer track of the Crabtree inventory.

We wish her new owner safe and happy flying!

N297CJ was safely delivered to her new owner today.

I have had 3 x Alouette 316, 1 x 319 and 2 x 313.

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Bravo Stefano, great stuff!

And there I was thinking that the 'Army Girl' was your first Alouette!

• Heli-TV SA315B HB-XRD as seen in Valle di Blenio, Switzerland in April 2018 (Photo by Michele Ceresa)

Comment

• SA315B RA-1565G as seen at Hotel Fiagdon in Vladikavkaz, North Ossetia–Alania, Russia on 10th April 2019

Comment

• HAL Lancer

Indian Air Force HAL Lancer (SA315B) ZI443 (cn.2332) as seen in India in 2013 (Photo by Angad Singh)

Comment

• SA315B HB-ZMV (cn.2668) as seen in Switzerland in September 2013 (Photo by Michel Ceresa)

Comment

• N297CJ

SA313B AL2 N297CJ (cn.1847) as seen at Ha'penny Green on 13th May 2019 (Photo by Robert Beaver)

Comment

• In addition to being preferred for prison breaks, the Alouette II has over the years, gained favour among drug runners.

Herewith some archive footage from an Alouette II captured in Costigliole d’Asti in southern Piedmont in December 2017 after having been used for transporting cocaine from the Italian mainland to Sardinia.

Comment

• More N297CJ ..

SE313B Alouette II N297CJ (cn.1847) as seen at Wycombe Air Park on 14th June 2019 (Photo by Brian Nichols)

SE313B Alouette II N297CJ (cn.1847) as seen at Halfpenny Green on 3rd June 2019 (Photo by Robert Beaver)

Comment

• Advice please.

We have a US based SA313 and are wanting to verify which oils are applicable for use in the gearboxes and clutch.

We want to use Air 3525 Mineral Royco 680.

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Dunstan, I've also posted this on Shrieking Gazelles where we are more likely to get a reply.

Dunstan, I've also posted this on Shrieking Gazelles where we are more likely to get a reply.
                          Air 3525 is acceptable but I think the Royco equivalent is Royco 586M, Oep 70 is ok too. I always use a different one in the clutch, Fluid 1, which I also use in the tail rotor shaft.

Comment

• I stand corrected I meant to say 586. So wet Royco 586 it is for the gearboxes, now the clutch.

What is fluid -1-

Comment

• Thanks to all!

Dave Dunstan

Comment

• SAAF Alo II

SE3130 (cn.1455) '15' as seen at Swartkop air base on 3rd August 2019 (Photo by Dian Townsend)

Operated by the South African Air Force Museum.

Comment

• CC-CGT

SA315B CC-CGT (cn.2493) as seen in Taltal, Antofagasta, Chile in May 2019

Comment

• HA-PPG

SA318C HA-PPG (n.c2107) as seen at Gyor-Per Airport in Hungary on 19th August 2019 (Photo by Peter Oroszvari)

Comment

• HA-WKY

SA318C HA-WKY (cn.2068) as seen at Sywell on 3rd June 2014 (Photo by Derek Heley)

Comment

• Alouette III For Sale $220,000

Model: SA316B
                                      Manufacturer: Aérospatiale
                                      Construction Number: 1446
                                      Current Registration: N2304P
                                      Previous Registrations: F-WIEO, CF-BHI, C-GWCN, N2304P, F-GHHI
                                      Year of Manufacture: 1967
                                      Total Time (Airframe): 10,100
                                      Engine: Turbomeca Artouste IIIB with 500 hours remaining

For further information email Fabio at: copter@hotmail.it
                                      Alouette III for sale alouette for sale sa316b for sale alouette iii sa316b for sale alouette iii alouette helicopter for sale

Comment

• Pakistan Army Lama

SA315B 2706 as seen in Pakistan in September 2019 (Photo by Rehan Waheed)

Comment

• Alouette II Package $575,000

An opportunity has arisen to acquire 3 Alouette II's plus four shipping containers of spare parts.

Model: SA318C
                                          Construction no. 2189
                                          Current Registration: N318TR
                                          Previous Registrations: N8264, SE-HUM
                                          Total Time Airframe: 9,820
                                          Powerplant: Astazou 2A
                                          Remaining Time Powerplant: 178

Construction no. 2033
                                          Current Registration: N9RQ
                                          Previous Registrations: N2466, F-GEFE
                                          Total Time Airframe: 9,481
                                          Remaining Time Powerplant: 883

Construction no. 1943
                                          Current Registration: N280DB
                                          Previous Registration: D-HAGE
                                          Total Time Airframe: 14,984
                                          Remaining Time Powerplant: 231

Two of these aircraft have valid CofA's.

Package comes with four containers of spare parts including spare engines, blades, gearboxes and transmissions.

For further details contact Michael Lewis
                                          Email: michael@intlams.com
                                          Phone: +1 941 545 7962
                                          Alouette II for sale alouette for sale sa318 for sale alouette ii sa318c for sale alouette ii alouette helicopter for sale

Comment

• Savoia
                                            Savoia commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            That would be interesting to confirm Elipix, especially if we can identify the time period and owner.

• Helipixman
                                            Helipixman commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            While in the UK it was owned by Peter John Bamford and based at his home near Manchester where he had a helipad and hangar. He has also owned G-GGTT a Bell 47G-4A and G-SAND Schweizer S269C. The Alouette came after the Bell 47 so I guess around 2005-2008 ?

• Savoia
                                            Savoia commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Bravo Elipix! You are a font of information .. and photos!

• SA318C 2-LOUD (cn.2138) as seen at Manchester Barton 18th August 2019 (Photo by Mike Powney)

SE313B F-AZYC (cn.1668) as seen at Blois-le-Breuil on 31st August 2019 (Photo by Brian Nichols)

SE3130 2-BVSD (cn.1897) as seen at Compton Abbas on 15th September 2019 (Photo by Kevin Slade)

Comment

• SE313B LN-OCM (cn.1507) as seen at Notodden Airport in Norway on 30th August 2019 (Photo by Jan Arud)

Comment

• Guernsey Alouettes

2-HAWK

SE318C 2-HAWK (cn.2068) as seen at Sopers Farm in Steyning in 2018

2-BVSD

SE3130 2-BVSD (1897) departing Little Gransden Airfield on 25th August 2019

Comment

• Helipixman
                                                Helipixman commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                It seems the Scout AH.1 based at Sopers Farm may be sold ? It is showing as a Change of owner pending.

• Savoia
                                                Savoia commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                I heard that there had been some Scout movements this year in the UK, would be great to find out what the current status is.

Are you aware that the Gazelle G-BZDV has also been resident at Sopers Farm? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lsw6vgyRYY

• Helipixman
                                                Helipixman commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Yes I was aware of G-BZDV being there. Will check the Scout situation and post after weekend.

• To my astonishment while I was trawling through some pin badges in an antique shop in Alnwick, Northumberland I found four helicopter badges.

Two were of Alouette/Lama lifting fire fighting buckets and the third was an Alouette III. The fourth was an AS350B.

I will photograph them this weekend and upload them on Sunday evening.

Helipixman

Comment

• Savoia
                                                Savoia commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Looking forward to seeing these Elipix!

• SA316B Alouette III 195 (cn.1151) as seen at Shannon Airport in July 1994 (Photo by Malcolm Nason)

Comment

Working...
                                              X