No announcement yet.

Alouettes & Lamas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA316B HB-ZEQ as seen in Lauberhorn, Switzerland on 13th January 2008 (Photo by Markus Herzig)

Austrian Army Alouette III in Austria NFI

Comment

• SA315B RA-05740 (cn.2654) as seen at Mostovoy Airfield, Russia in December 2020
      (Photo courtesy of Avia member Kirill)

Air Zermatt SA315B HB-XND (cn.2624) in Switzerland NFI

Comment

• SA316B 211 (cn.1983) as seen at Casement Baldonnel on 21st September 2007

Comment

• Mini Alouette II

First pictures of my Heller 1/48 Alouette II G-IPJK (note the Gazelle under construction in background)

Still to put some finishing touches to the Alouette, fine detail will be gained from photos I have !

Then to finish the Gazelle, not sure what scheme I want yet but it will be my own rather than an Army, Navy of RAF scheme not really into that ! Like to personalise my models. Already have two Jetrangers and a Hughes 500 in same scale.

Last edited by Helipixman; 14th February 2021, 17:45.

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Bravo Elipix, very nice! 👍

• 2-HAWK Sold to Iceland

SA318C Alouette II 2-HAWK (c/n 2068) has become TF-KBG in recent days.

Owner is Guðbergur P Guðbergsson.

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Grazie Jos, so much appreciated! 👍

• 2-ALOU

SE313B Alouette II 2-ALOU (cn.1583) as seen at Horsham St. Faith on 13th April 2021 (Photo by Graham Reeve)

Comment

• 2-STEV

SE3130 Alouette II 2-STEV (cn.1388) as seen at Popham Airfield on 23rd June 2021 (Photo by Michael Thorne)

Comment

• Parts Wanted

Does anyone know of a serviceable set of Alouette III or Lama main rotor blades for sale?

Comment

• TF-KBG Cancelled from Icelandic Register

TF-KBG, SA318C Alouette II, c/n 2068, was recently cancelled from the Icelandic aircraft register. Fate is not known.

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Grazie Jos, much appreciated! 👍

• TF-KBG to G-ESJA

SA318C Alouette II TF-KBG (c/n 2068) was registered G-ESJA on 03-Sep-2021.

Owner is Gudbergur Gudbergsson (Iceland). This is the same owner as for TF-KBG.

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Grazie Jos! 👍

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post

Air Gregory SE3130 Alouette II G-AVEE (cn 1203) as seen at Plymouth's Roborough Airport on 17th October 1970 (Photo: Chris England)
              Gay Absalom and Mike Smith in the background

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Grazie Andy, much appreciated! 👍

I only have 15 hours piston time, on the 300, and these were flown with Mike. I wonder if he is still with us?

• AndyM
                AndyM commented
                Editing a comment
                I understand that Gay Absalom/Barratt has passed away.
                I believe she was the first female commercial helicopter pilot in the UK

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Ciao Andy, so great to hear from you! 👌 Yes, Gay sadly passed away in January 2019 and she was indeed the first UK CPL(H).

Hoping this finds you well.

• Scottish Forestry Helicopters

There is an interesting website with Lama and Alouette photos plus other aircraft engaged in Scottish forestry work.

There is a nice shot of Dollar's Lama G-AZNI after it force landed in the forestry plough after the engine wound down while under slinging.

https://www.forestry-memories.org.uk...-Forestry-Work

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Very interesting indeed Andy 👍 and I think I have shared one or more photos from the site over the years.

• A Second Life for the Alouette III

This is the Alouette M III Helicopter manufactured by Aileron Helicopters located in Dnipro City, Ukraine. We havey made very many upgrades including the airframe being made up of composite material, We have also installed modern avionics, crash resistant fuel tank, autopilot GFC 600, air-conditioning system and we have received aviation authority certification.

If you would like to know more about this helicopter, please email me at the address at the end of this post.

Alouette Spares Available

I have spare parts of a used Alouette III including a main rotor gearbox, main rotor blades, tail rotor head, tail rotor blades, transmissions, main rotor head and other parts.

Most of the parts are at 258 hrs TT and 527 hrs, all these parts are being offered for sale at a low price so that I can clear these spares.

Please email me at the address below for further details.

Jensen

aileronhelicopters@gmail.com

Comment

• Memories from Dollar

After leaving the Army I served with several civilian operators including Dollar Helicopters. The shots below feature Dollar's SA315B Lama G-DASL (cn.2537) operating in Scotland in 1979. Dollar bought this aircraft in April 1979 and sold her a year later to France where she became F-GCLB.

The above photo was taken just after an old guy had ignored a stop marshall further down the road and had driven under the aircraft. He had glasses with lenses as thick as bottle bottoms and could only just see over the steering wheel. I remember the pilot looking down on his Morris Minor and shaking his head.

Ex-Dollar staff will recognise the "The Great White" support van in the background. Slightly unusual site on the side of a public road. The Great White was lucky to have survived to this point, as it had been parked up without the handbrake on, rolled towards a steep drop and had been saved by someone jumping in at the last moment!

Last edited by AndyM; 29th November 2021, 11:51.

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ' .. 𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒏, 𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒅𝒓𝒐𝒑 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒎𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕!' — Ha ha, great stuff Andrea! 😄 You've shared some really nice Lama nostalgia with us, bravo! 👍

• Helipixman
                  Helipixman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great shots again AndyM, I was a regular at Cumbernauld when they had the Lamas there and have many photos of them, also Dollar Lamas including the two Swedish registered examples. Many of my early photos of the Dollar fleet are taken at Bagington. I must start to put some on here !

• The Sole SE3130 in Croatia 9A-HAT as seen in April 2009

Sadly, this machine force landed in May 2018 (luckily with no injuries or worst) and badly damaged.

http://www.ain.hr/Investigations/Get...ra-Alouette-II

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice shots of 9A-HAT Zis 👍 although one is sad to hear of her mishap. As you say, thankfully no one was hurt.

• SA315B HB-XRE (cn.2462) as seen at Chateau-d'Oex in Switzerland on 28th January 2017 (Photo by Pierre Cester)

Comment

• Alouette III V-268 with Lama HB-XRL as seen in Switzerland NFI (Photo by Ralph Werlen)

Comment

• F-GHCO in advert for Yves Saint Laurent

Comment

• 2-ALOU

SE313B Alouette II 2-ALOU (cn.1583) as seen at Nottingham Heliport on 22nd December 2021 (Photo by Graeme Lovell)

F-AYEP

SE313B Alouette II F-AYEP (cn.1322) as seen at Aéroport Figari–Sud Corse on 23rd January 2022 (Photo by Damien Fournier)

Comment

• I-MURE

Airgreen SA315B I-MURE (2509) as seen at Aeroporto di Torino-Aeritalia in Piedmont on 2nd October 2022 (Photo by Fabrizio Capenti)

Comment

• 2-ALOU to G-ONTY

New: G-ONTY SE313B, c/n 1583 (ex 2-ALOU, etc.); registered 29-Jun-2023 to Lark Aviation Ltd, Ipswich

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Grazie mille Jos! 👌

• Hi,

I am considering doing a color change on my Alouette II to its original French Navy colors. Can anyone on this forum advise as to what blue is to be used. I searched for French navy helicopters in model form, as the color chart to be used on the model is usually specified, but haven't had any luck. Your help will be appreciated.

Comment

• Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                          X