Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hughes 500C G-SWEL as seen at Kirkbride Airfield in Cumbria

Comment

Hughes 500C (369HS) TG-SER as seen at La Aurora Airport in Guatemala on 2nd June 2016 (Photo: AdriΓ‘n UrrΓ©jola)

Comment

MD530F HB-ZSR as seen in Switzerland

Comment

Guardia di Finanza Breda-Nardi NH500D GDF-114 as seen at Jesolo Beach, Venice on 27th August 2017 (Photos by Luigi Sani)

Comment

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            I think this is the first time I have seen a helicopter with stabilizing fins on the floats

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            These were standard with the 'D' model, but not with the 'C'.

Not sure if they are to be found on other types.

MD500E G-CIWU as seen at Newcastle Airport on 5th February 2020

Comment

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            An unusual scheme on this bird, owned by Century Aviation at Sandtoft so not too far from its base. It was in the same scheme as its previous identity OO-SOO which I am sure I photographed at a Helitech event.

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            It's nice to see a little more variety.

Hughes 500C (369HS) G-AJEX as seen in 1975, location unknown

Comment

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice to see G-AXEJ again, flew in this one from Battersea to a farmers field about 6 miles North of Bedford. I was with my brother and a friend who then had to try and get to Bedford. We started to thumb a lift (safe to do so in those days). A chap stopped and gave us a lift asking how we were in the middle of nowhere. Thinking he would'nt believe we had just landed further up the road in a helicopter., he said yes I saw it take off. Great memories

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovely story Elipix, and just wonderful how you have these connections with so many of the UK's classic rotorcraft. This 'C' model truly is a classic among the UK's early 500's and I suppose one of Davide's earliest examples?

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            The pilot awas wearing his Panama hat... David George

H500D (369D) G-KSBF (cn.696D) as seen in Kilmersdon, Somerset in the 1980's (Photo by Stuart Mitchell)

Comment

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thinking this must have been during ownership of David Richards Autosport ? Seem to remember when Ken Stokes had it, it was red and white, unless he painted it before sale. It then became G-ITUP still with David Richards Autosport before sold to Turkey as TC-HMC and then to South Korea as HL9139. It was cancelled there and not heard of since ?

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, what an exotic adventure this craft has had since leaving the UK!

Kawasaki OH-6D 31263 (cn.6574) of the Japanese Ground Self Defence Force as seen over the Narashino Exercise Area in Chiba Prefecture in November 2015

JGSDF OH-6D post-landing shutdown

Comment

H500C (369HE) G-DIGS as seen at Dunkeswell Aerodrome in Devon on 12th July 2020

Comment

G-BFAY Hughes 369D (67-0148D) seen here during ownership by Sloane Aviation Ltd.

History:-

Sloane Aviation Ltd, 31.10.77
              Yewlands Engineering Company Ltd, 10.3.81 (They also owned G-PENI another 369D)
              Sold in the USA 22.6.81 becoming N29707
              Suffered a landing accident at Porterville, California 24.9.85

G-PENI was also owned by Yewlands and replaced G-BFAY. Registered to Yewlands Engineering Co Ltd, 29.2.81 the registration was for Penny Sutton This also finished up in the USA as N2734X. It has been cancelled form the US register but no explanation why ?

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                These are lovely shots Elipix, bravo! πŸ‘

Another classic Hughes

G-BDFP Hughes 369HS c/n 45-0728S seen at Cranfield showing Sloane Aviation titles.

Never actually registered to dealers Sloane Aviation it was owned by Hughes of Beaconsfield who went on to own more of the type. They sold it to John Clarke who decided to re-register her as G-OAIM.

images from the Helipixman collection

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                More fantastic shots Elipix. πŸ‘ Bravo!

Hughes 500D (369D) G-BEJY (cn.011D) as seen at Sywell in 1981

A rare shot of G-BEJY in Dollar colours and in spraying configuration.

Comment

• Helipixman
                Helipixman commented
                Editing a comment
                I think as Andy says it was the only 500 they used.

• AndyM
                AndyM commented
                Editing a comment
                I think lack of any type expertise did not help the cause. On one occasion they had been underslinging and damaged the bottom of the fuselage. I received an odd phone call asking how close to the belly was the fuel tank. They admitted to holing the tank with a drill!! They also suffered an engine failure not long after taking delivery of it. Probably down to bearing coking.
                The C20B was prone to coking on Aeroshell 500, they were delivered with Mobil JetII, but AS500 was a more common oil in the U.K at the time so some operators changed oils.

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                '𝑰 π’“π’†π’„π’†π’Šπ’—π’†π’… 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒅𝒅 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 π’‚π’”π’Œπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’‰π’π’˜ 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’ƒπ’†π’π’π’š π’˜π’‚π’” 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒆𝒍 π’•π’‚π’π’Œ. π‘»π’‰π’†π’š π’‚π’…π’Žπ’Šπ’•π’•π’†π’… 𝒕𝒐 π’‰π’π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’•π’‚π’π’Œ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒂 π’…π’“π’Šπ’π’!!' 😲
            Working...
            X