• Show
Clear All

• N341MG on Jan 13th 2018 and N342WF on Feb 1st 2018

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      Xbdt

Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing them.

The owner of N342WF sent me some shots a while ago but N341MG I have not seen before.

Helipixman

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      These are lovely shots XB, grazie mille! I think the first time for these Gazelles to appear on the thread.

Are these taken in the US?

• xbdt
      xbdt commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes pictures are from US

• French Gazelles all seen at Toussus Le Noble in 1995

F-GEHA c/n 1064 (stored at back of hangar)
    F-GDXX became C-GEPX
    F-GIJR became G-EHUP

All photos by Helipixman

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely shots Elipix, grazie! As with XB's photos, we seem to have another 'first timer' (I think) in the form of F-GIJR, Zis will know for sure. Great stuff!

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been asked where the F-GEHA airframe is now ? As far as I know it went to MW Helicopters for spares use. Confirmation of this would be appreciated.

• Bringing Saint Nicolas with N341DT

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice departure filmed from the drone in the first video XB, bravo!

• I just emptied my Senegalese Gazelle beer, not bad!

Comment

• N340SM & N150SF

A couple of interesting photos found on a website for the Anglia Motel, Spalding. They show two different flights by Colin Bodill to the Motel to present cheques to the owner Harold Payne from Simon Murray (N340SM).

The other Gazelle is N150SF, does Colin Bodill own this ?

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Great shots Elipix!

I think its just wonderful that the hotel celebrate their guest's payments in this way!

• SG Wallpaper #2

Serbian Gazelles with Mi-8 (Image by Igor Salinger)

For wallpaper #1 click here.

Comment

• SA342 msn 123 (Soko build). Air Britain News January 2019 has this going from 4O-HFD to RA-0608G but with no date, the Russian register suggest that reg is on a C-7 Jaguar (whatever that is!). Anyone know anything about this machine?

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Ciao Wilts!

RA-0608G has been about for a couple of years now and has featured at various times on Shrieking Gazelles in photos and videos. She is based near St. Petersburg and in more recent times is known for having flown beneath one of the bridges there.

Elipix has posted a photo below in which the craft wears an 'unorthodox' registration. I am not sure of her current status but I am suspecting that since her 'bridge' flying she may have been a bit quiet.

We still have big gaps when it comes to reliable info on Russian Gazelles, but .. we are getting there .. slowly!

• Originally posted by Helipixman View Post

N340SM & N150SF

A couple of interesting photos found on a website for the Anglia Motel, Spalding. They show two different flights by Colin Bodill to the Motel to present cheques to the owner Harold Payne from Simon Murray (N340SM).

The other Gazelle is N150SF, does Colin Bodill own this ?

Colin flies both of these Gazelles with their owners.

Comment

• N342WF

Another shot of N342WF (with thanks to her owner)

Comment

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          The only flying stretched Gaz in the US, AFAIK.

• RA-0682G

It seems this Gazelle is flying around as RA-682 as per photo below taken by Dmitry Yakolev in April 2018 at St Petersburg

Photo with thanks to Dmitry Yakolev

Comment

• Montenegrin Air Force SA341H 12703 (cn.082) as seen in Montenegro in January 2019

More N340SM

SA341G(S) N340SM (cn.1509) as seen at an undisclosed location together with a black Gaz

Elipix, in this shot of N340SM, the craft is wearing the words 'Simon Murray 2nd Rep' on the nose. Do you know the significance of this?

Also, any clues as to the identity of the black Gaz? She's wearing skid fairings, so perhaps a civilian bird as opposed to being an ex-mil ship?

Former Gazelle Mechanic to Become First Female Warrant Officer

Flight Sergeant Karen Pinnion is to be the first female in her trade promoted to warrant officer.

Karen joined the Service in October 1983 and during her 32-year engineering career has worked on Gazelle, Wessex, Jaguar, Hercules, Puma and Tornado aircraft.

Flight Sergeant Karen Pinnion

She has served at various stations across the UK and in Germany, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Falkland Islands, Kenya and Belize.

Since 2011 Karen has worked as a training supervisor for RAF Cosford's Mechanical Training Flight, responsible for the day-to-day management of training, welfare and discipline of personnel within the flight.

Karen said of her career: "The RAF has given me the opportunity to fulfil my ambition to work in an engineering environment, travel and see the world and to further my education to gain a BSc (Hons) in Engineering."
          https://www.forces.net/news/raf/meet...making-history

I was under the impression that Kenya and Belize were British Army bases, and I can never recall the RAF operating the Gaz in Kenya. Does the RAF then send their technical staff to support Army Ops?

Bravo Karen!

Comment

• xbdt
            xbdt commented
            Editing a comment
            No not a RW Exec as on this pic the vertical fin is on the right side of the boom. Heli looks very small so maybe a mosquito or so.

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            xbdt... That would probably be correct John Windmill was connected to Mosquito Helicopters (UK) Ltd

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            That really is slightly amazing that you were able to get that info about Murray Elipix, bravo e grazie!

• SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Abkhazia in January 2019

Comment

• Zishelix
            Zishelix commented
            Editing a comment
            Any chance to get some of these fantastic photos in hi-res for private collection?

• 4O-HFD
          Looking at 4O-HFD again for a moment, a very distinctive paint job that helps, it does look like it became RA-0608G at first, at some point has been re-registered as RA-0682G which has been worn, but currently flies as just RA-682.

This is not helped by the registry showing RA-0682G as a 341G with a valid date of registration of 18/June/2007! No msn is shown either.

N505HA
          Switching to N505HA which had an argument with a fence back in September 2018. I see this has recently had a change of owner so I guess a rebuild is proceeding?

XX431

Gazelle HT2 XX431 seen while stored at RAF Shawbury on 25th March 2004 and showing its maintenace serial of 9300M

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            The Russian Gazelle register is, at present, a bit of a mess. We are however working on building-up our own database, and will get there eventually.

N505HA's owner is an Avia member, so we are bound to hear something sooner or later.

Re: XX431, nice photo Wilts! Are you able to say anything about the allocation of maintenance numbers, ie. when they are issued, is it every time a craft goes in for work or just for longterm work?

• ZB670

It seems this Gazelle is no longer a Gate Guardian at RAF Dishforth and has moved to the TA Centre, Mountway Road, Taunton

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            So, has she gone on to be another gate guard at Taunton?

• SA341C ZU-HBH (WA1418) as seen at the Aviators Brewing Co. in Hartbeespoort, South Africa on 26th January 2019
          (Photo by Bruce Perkins)

Comment

• Maintenance Numbers

M serials were given to any asset withdrawn from use and turned into a training aid, it is a separate ledger just for grounded training aircraft. The Navy have a similar system with Axxxx. The serial was given by the user regardless of the source of the aircraft, so in this case we have an ex Navy Gazelle with the RAF. The Navy have some ex RAF harriers.... and the Army used TADxxxx, below is a photo of XX457 at East Midlands Aeropark marked as TAD 001:

South African Serials

Seeing the image of ZU-HBH, I recently hit upon this page http://hoversales.co.za/aircraft-mak...lle-helicopter

If I have it right the aircraft involved are these:

1544 Ex French Army now ZT-?
            1596 ex UK now ZT-?
            2016 Ex Lebanon I see now sold as ZT-?
            2015 ex Burundi sold as ZT-?
            2013 ex Burundi sold as ZT-?
            2014 Ex French Army 4014? Now ZT-?

I am using ZT- as a proxy for any SA marks, none are visible in the photos.

I wonder if we can flesh out any details on them?

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltshirespotter View Post
              Seeing the image of ZU-HBH i recently hit upon this page http://hoversales.co.za/aircraft-mak...lle-helicopter

If I have it right the aircraft involved are these:
              1544 Ex French Army now ZT-?
              1596 ex UK now ZT-?
              2016 Ex Lebanon I see now sold as ZT-?
              2015 ex Burundi sold as ZT-?
              2013 ex Burundi sold as ZT-?
              2014 Ex French Army 4014? Now ZT-?

I am using ZT- as a proxy for any SA marks, none are visible in the photos.

I wonder if we can flesh out any details on them?

The pictures on that website are not the actual aircraft for sale, and the information provided contains a number of factual inaccuracies, including one aircraft referred to as a 341G which is actually a 342J (1775) the interior pictures of which are not from that helicopter.

ZU is the prefix for south Africa, and as far as I know, there are no ex-Lebanon or Burundi helicopters in South Africa.

Comment

• SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in the Caucasus Mountains of Abkhazia in January 2019

With thanks to Maxim from Sochi Heliski for these lovely photos!

Comment

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wonderful photos Maxim, thanks for sharing!

• Another new picture, this time YU-HCS, Belgrade Jan 2019.

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Grazie, very nice!

• Hopefully the 'Snow Gazelles' picture season is not over yet!

Just visiting some friends today :-)

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, bravo XB — Bellissimo!

There is always time for Snow Gazelles, for Gazelles surrounded by snow are simply delightful!

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice Gaz photos are always welcome here

• Some pictures of the Yugoslavian secret police unit back in 1991:

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fantastico XB! You have uncovered some lovely shots here. I am sure our East European readers and others, will enjoy these, bravo!

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rare pics, thanks XB!

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rare pics, thanks XB!

• Originally posted by md600driver View Post

ZU is the prefix for south Africa, and as far as I know, there are no ex-Lebanon or Burundi helicopters in South Africa.

In fact three prefixes have been allocated to South Africa: ZS, ZT and ZU. ZU is mainly used for homebuilts, experimentals and the like.

Comment

• South Africa

SA341H ZU-RZM (cn.022) has crashed at Rand Airport in South Africa on 3rd February 2019 with four persons on board. Details relating to the cause of the crash are as yet unclear. It is reported that none of those on board were seriously injured.

(Photos by François Marais)

Comment

• Gazelle incident in South Africa

Gazelle ZU-RZM (c/n 022) rolled over during taxying at Rand Airport on 03-Feb-2019. Four occupants are safe, but apparently one person on the ground died.
                    See https://www.facebook.com/groups/iFly...6021212508015/

Comment

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Grazie Jos.

• xbdt
                      xbdt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      info is wrong, there is NO fatality among occupants or on the ground.

• Zishelix
                      Zishelix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bad news, one more Gazelle being lost

Thanks God there was no loss of life this time.

• Due to circumstances beyond my control (namely the weather) the Snow Gazelles are back!

3RHC snow ops

Les FĂ©lins home base 31st January 2019

SA341C HT2 G-ZZLE (WA1402) ex-XX436 CU-39 as seen at Chard in Somerset on 2nd February 2019 (Photo by Kevin Wills)

Attending the Open Day hosted by the Westland Wasp Historic Flight.

Comment

• 2-GAZL Leaves the Guernsey Register

2-GAZL (SA341G, c/n WA1073) was cancelled 04-Jan-2019 on export to Russia.

No new identity known so far.

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grazie Jos, much appreciated!

So 'The Brush' is off to Mother Russia! This craft began life as G-BAZL and flew with Tywford Moors for a time before being bought by Hugh Fraser (Fras-Air and the House of Fraser). She then went on to spent some time in both France and Italy.

We wish 'happy flying' to her new owner!

• - SA341G/SA342J AIRWORTHINESS DIRECTIVE -

Fenestron Blades

Affected Part: Tail rotor blades (TRB), having Part Number (P/N) 341A335130.04, and an s/n as listed in the ASB.

Reason: A new manufacturing process of the TRB was implemented, affecting the structural characteristic of this critical part. Consequently, new P/N 341A335101.01, P/N 341A335130.05 and P/N 341A335130.06 were allocated and an applicable Service Life Limit (SLL) of 21 250 FH was established, which has been identified as mandatory action for continued airworthiness.

Failure to comply with this requirement could result in an unsafe condition.

It was also determined that certain new-manufactured TRB were improperly identified with P/N 341A335130.04. Prompted by this finding, AH published the ASB, providing instructions for re-identification of those affected parts.

For the reasons described above, this AD requires re-identification of the affected parts and implementation of the applicable SLL to all TRB having P/N 341A335101.01, P/N 341A335130.05 and P/N 341A335130.06. These new P/N and the SLL are expected to be included in a new revision of the applicable Airworthiness Limitation Section.

This AD also requires investigation of rework/repair/modification accomplished on the affected parts and, depending on findings, corrective action(s).
                      https://ad.easa.europa.eu/ad/19-005

Comment

• SA342L 241 (cn.1854) as seen at Baldonnel in July 1993

Comment

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Remains of 237 seen at Fire Ground at Baldonnel in March 11th, 2010.

• If you are able to add any info to this database, please email: aviafora1@gmail.com

The above table and additional Gaz database info can be found here.

>> Check out the latest Gazelle for sale on .. the GazMart

Comment

• SA341F2 s/n 1598 N250KS photographed in May 2014.

I wonder did she find a new owner in the meantime? http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=8016#post8016

Comment

Working...
                        X