No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-WTNA during one of her many public appearances in early 1970's when she was a demo machine.

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice one Zis!

This photo was taken at Battersea.

• Here is a photo of the currently registered N876VJ ???? well according to the FAA anyway ? maybe there has been a change over but the FAA have not caught up on their website ? It has been advertised for sale with a location as Munich ? I have been informed that the 109C has been operated in Russia ?

Comment

• Rotorspot
      Rotorspot commented
      Editing a comment
      This helicopter has a long history: 3A-MSG, VR-CEC, VR-CHJ, VP-CHJ, N7LQ, N109CW, VH-XNB, VH-NBX, EI-MCP, M-SSNB, UR-SSNB, UR-SSB, RA-01702, N876VJ. Strangely, both the Russian and American registers show it as current.

The registration on Gazelle N876VJ at Benidorm Heliport looks rather strange, with the first two characters being larger than the other 4. I can not find anything about this bird in the US aircraft register.

• New owner: as indicated before on this Forum, Gazelle AH.Mk1 N685ZB (c/n 1994) has changed hands; per 09-Jul-2020 she is registered to TRI INVESTMENTS LLC, AIR 1 LLC, NEWARK, DE (USA).
    Last edited by Rotorspot; 14th July 2020, 13:52.

Comment

• md600driver
      md600driver commented
      Editing a comment
      Another unsuspecting buyer

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie Jos!

It would be nice if someone actually got that bird flying again.

• SA341H HA-LFK (cn.051) as seen at Gรถdรถllรต Airfield in Hungary on 2nd May 2008 (Photo by Ferenc Kolos)

SA342J YU-HEV (cn.1393) as seen at Snetterton Race Circuit in Norfolk on 9th August 2015 (Photo by David Moth)

Snetterton race circuit was of course the site of RAF Snetterton Heath and once converted to a circuit was frequently used by Colin Chapman (Team Lotus) and Jonathan Palmer (MotorSport Vision).

While on the matter of civilian 342's .. I've got a 342 conundrum coming-up .. and which I hope someone may be able to shed some light on.

RA-0682G pre-flight inspection (Part 2)

Crabtrees Senior and Junior with the Crabtree Warrrior
    at Breighton (perhaps on 12th July) with Crabtree Junior
    flying the Warrior in the second half

Comment

• Rotorspot
      Rotorspot commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we still do not have a confirmed identity for RA-0682G. Can someone be so kind to please check it during the pre-flight inspection?!

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Will see what I can do Jos. What we know is that this is a Soko built/assembled SA342L.

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      I have RA-0682G as Soko's 342L c/n 123, hard landed in May 2018 and w/o (burnt out) http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/211266

• G-KEMH now registered to Tabby Manning, 13.7.20 at an address in Warlingham ! Base ? Redhill or Biggin Hill ?

G-VOIP now showing as a Potential change of owner, addressee deceased. It seems Eddie Coventry passed away in late March 2020 !

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      '๐™„๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š๐™ข๐™จ ๐™€๐™™๐™™๐™ž๐™š ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™จ๐™จ๐™š๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง๐™˜๐™ 2020.'

• SA.342M 4178/BPP and SA.341F 1215/BOV at ALAT Cognac in May 20th, 1990 (Photo: Graham Tiller)

Comment

• Fabrice
      Fabrice commented
      Editing a comment
      Both belong to the Pau based 5รจme RHC (Combat Helicopters Regt).

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie mille Fabrizio! ๐Ÿ‘ Just like Elipix .. you are also a โญ

• SA341F2 ZU-RRW (cn.1369) as seen in Cape Town (no date)

For Jakub ..

SA341B XX439 (WA1409) as seen in 1992 (no location info)

For Jos ..

The owner of RA-0682G (an Avia member) does not wish to divulge the aircraft's serial number at present. As Zis has mentioned, this is most probably a re-build from Soko no. 123. As we know, there are a number of Russian owners who prefer not to identify their aircraft and so for now there is not much we can do about this but to observe that this too is part of the current 'Gazelle landscape' so to speak.

In other matters, the owner did suggest an Avia name for his craft .. namely .. 'The 342 Phantom!'

SA342 start procedure (Part 1)

SA342J N65AR (cn.1602) as seen at Telluride Airport in Colorado on 12th July 2020

*NB: Telluride Airport elevation is 9,000ft (reminds me of my days in PNG).
    With our great thanks to 'Mr. Porsche' in America for these lovely photos and video of N65AR.

Comment

• The Gazelle Squadron

Apparently they have moved out of Bourne Park as of Sunday 14th June 2020. At present they want to keep their new location quiet.

All Gazelles have departed Bourne Park and they will advise when re-location is completed.

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie Elipix! ๐Ÿ‘ Once again living up to your additional call sign .. ๐Ÿšโญ

It could just be that the chaps at Bourne Park are ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด out some of their residents while the Gaz Squad may already have been looking for some new ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ perhaps even for planting some vines to make a little ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ.

• Originally posted by Fabrice View Post
      Any idea why WA1510 is fitted with armoured seats? (see also post 4448)?

Gazelle seats are not that cheap to buy, plus .. you can buy brand new armoured seats on ebay in the UK for as little as ยฃ200!

Comment

• Fabrice
        Fabrice commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure, but I can see no interest in performing just training flights with the extra weight of the armoured seats...

• SA341C G-ZELE (WA1007) as seen at Breighton on 22nd September 2013 (Photo by Alan Jessop)

SA341G N565F (cn.1182) as seen in Deauville, Normandie on 30th April 2005 (Photo by Stephane Pichard)

N65AR

I received a couple of PM's following yesterday's post featuring N65AR:

Q1: Wasn't this the Gaz which crashed in Nevada a couple of weeks ago?

No, that was N342J (also a 'J' model) but owned by Steve Hamilton, see post 4439 on page 148.

Q2: N65AR was for sale, do you know if this is still owned by Scott Seibold?

Yes, N65AR has been up for sale, but up until now she is still owned by Scott.

Anyone with Gaz queries, if possible please mail me at aviafora1@gmail.com rather than using PM's as Avia's mailboxes aren't so large. Grazie

Comment

• Helipixman
        Helipixman commented
        Editing a comment
        Just in case anyone is wondering what the DG logo is for on G-ZELE ? Its a housing development called Durham Gate.

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie Elipix! ๐Ÿ‘

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
      For Jos ..

The owner of RA-0682G (an Avia member) does not wish to divulge the aircraft's serial number at present. As Zis has mentioned, this is most probably a re-build from Soko no. 123. As we know, there are a number of Russian owners who prefer not to identify their aircraft and so for now there is not much we can do about this but to observe that this too is part of the current 'Gazelle landscape' so to speak.

In other matters, the owner did suggest an Avia name for his craft .. namely .. 'The 342 Phantom!'

Mille grazie, Enrico. I understand the issue. Do you mean she was rebuilt after the hard landing with ensuing fire damage? In that case, I propose to name her 'The 342 Phoenix!'

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        We are unsure as to the provenance of this aircraft, but .. we believe it may be using the data plate from cn.123 and yes, 'The Phoenix' may well be an appropriate name!

• SA341B as seen in Rhodesia in 1979

No further information just now on the above shot, but I am going to make some enquiries.

SA342L L812 as seen at Rayak Air Base in Lebanon on 16th July 2020

SA342MV F-MGBZ NFI

I am going to ask Fabrice if he knows where this was taken, but most likely in West Africa.

Part Two of the 342 Phantom's start

Interestingly, in this video (and the one before it) we see the 'automatic' nature of the Gaz start (and which I assume is the same for the Alouette) because usually the driver is holding the start switch the whole time (probably the recommended procedure) and so I wasn't sure whether the switch was perhaps spring-loaded and had to be held in place for the start.

The early JetRangers (typically in the 70's) were often fitted with a Ceco fuel control unit which required that you manually adjust the fuel flow throughout the start and there were several occasions (especially with newbie drivers) where a slip of the wrist resulted in unwelcome hot starts and in worst case scenarios, removal of the hot section. This improved when the Bendix fuel control was introduced but neither of them seem as efficient as the system which seems to have appeared from the very beginning on the Alouette and Gazelle.

Comment

• Fabrice
        Fabrice commented
        Editing a comment
        ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ: '๐™„ ๐™–๐™ข ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™–๐™จ๐™  ๐™๐™–๐™—๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™š ๐™ž๐™› ๐™๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ, ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™’๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐˜ผ๐™›๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™–.'

The picture is most probably taken above North-Mali. The real HOT missiles and the stripped-off armรฉe de TERRE titles denote an operational theatre.

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie mille Fabrizio! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Interestingly, in this video (and the one before it) we see the 'automatic' nature of the Gaz start (and which I assume is the same for the Alouette) because usually the driver is holding the start switch the whole time (probably the recommended procedure) and so I wasn't sure whether the switch was perhaps spring-loaded and had to be held in place for the start.

The SA342 has two engine types, the 14M and the 14H. The 14M only has two positions for start 'Off' and 'On', you start in the middle then switch to the top and leave it. On the 14H, the procedure is the same as for the 341.

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie Stefano! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Una piccola sorpresa!

First there was Glasnost .. but today we have GazNos!

SA342J(S) YV-228CP (cn.1616) manufactured in 1978 and seen here in Venezuela flying with Helicรณpteros Flamingo

SA341B XX413 (WA1309) as seen at RNAS Yeovilton on 29th July 1089 (Photo by Robert Nichols)

SA341F2 N341RD (cn.1501) as seen at Port Charlotte in Florida on 20th October 2018 (Photo by Robert Bourlier)

Is that an axe by the co-driver's door?

The Phantom Gaz as seen yesterday near St. Petersburg

More Phantom Gaz videos on the way.

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        '.. ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ก๐™จ๐™ค ๐™—๐™š ๐™ช๐™จ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™– ๐™ง๐™š๐™ก๐™ช๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™˜๐™ค-๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฉ...'

๐Ÿ˜†

• Helipixman
        Helipixman commented
        Editing a comment
        What can I say YV-228CP, an amazing find of a so far mystery bird ! You should receive an award for finding these images.
        ๐Ÿ‘ You have made my day also.

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        '๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™จ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ง๐™š๐™˜๐™š๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง๐™™ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™จ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ข๐™–๐™œ๐™š๐™จ.'

Ha ha, grazie Elipix! My 'award' is for our readers to be happy!

• SA341B ZA772 (WA1814) from 665 Squadron as seen at RAF Fairford on 12th July 2018

Egyptian Police SA342L (cn.1624) NFI

British Helicopter Champions at Broadlands in Hampshire on 22nd May 1983 (Photo by Graham Tiller)

SA342M F-MGEJ from 4e RHFS extrcting commandos from Pau in southwestern France

Over water flight with Anthony Chan in SA341F2 N918GZ in July 2020

The 342 Phantom taking-off near St. Petersburg over the weekend

Comment

• SA341B ZU-RLH (WA1600) as seen at Nelspruit Airfield on 16th June 2017 (Photo by Christiaan Kotze)

SA341G HA-LFT (cn.1413) as seen at Breighton on 22nd September 2013

SA341G VH-WLS (cn.1361) as seen as Bare Island, New South Wales, Australia on 23rd September 1977

The above shot of Australia's National Parks and Wildlife Service Gazelle may seem similar to one posted previously, but is in fact taken from a different angle.

Comment

• SA341B XX453 (WA1454) as seen at SPTA on 15th March 2017

SA342M as seen at Aรฉroport de Dole-Besanรงon-Dijon on 2nd July 2020

SA342L ZU-RMX (cn.1887) as seen at Margate Airport in KwaZulu-Natal on 21st July 2020

With our thanks to Esther Boshoff for these photos and video!

Plus, Esther says .. if anyone is visiting South Africa, then be sure to come to KwaZulu Natal's South Coast where she will hook you up with an unforgettable scenic flight!

The 342 Phantom near St. Petersburg in July 2020

The 342 Phantom recording 286kph/154kts near St. Petersburg on 21st July 2020

The 342 Phantom performing an over water flight near St. Petersburg on 21st July 2020

Comment

• SA341G(S) YU-HEY (cn.1320) as seen at Fishburn Airfield in County Durham on 30th September 2006 (Photo by Malcolm Clarke)

Royal Marines Gazelle as seen at Yeovilton in 2011 (Photo by Ray Bedford)

I am receiving messages that one of our members has something to share with us.

Perhaps 'XB' can help us to discover what that news is!

Comment

• Fabrice
              Fabrice commented
              Editing a comment
              Royal Marines Gazelle as seen at Yeovilton in 2011
              Do you confirm that the Gazelles belong to the Royal Marines? I believed the Gazelles had left the Marines in 2005.

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Grazie Fabrizio, I am sure you are right. ๐Ÿ‘ I think the photographer must have meant an ex-Marines Gazelle.

• New Arrival at Zomergem

New acquisition arrived yesterday. I have bought several SA342M's (ex-French military ALAT) and after overhaul they all go to the USA to happy customers!

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Bravo XB, this is fantastic news! ๐Ÿ‘

Will these be the second/third ALAT 342's on the civil register after the 'Crabtree Warrior'?

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              Great news, several more Gazelle saved! Well done, XB!

• Four Gazelles accompanied by Five Pumas arrive at Divulje Air Base on 26th November 1993 (Photo by Fabrice Henrard)

SA341B XZ312 (WA1581) as seen at Groningen-Eelde Airport in June 1992 (Photo by Jack Poelstra)

SA341C ZU-HBH (WA1418) attending the Heli-Games at Jack Taylor Airfield near Krugersdorp in 2019 (Photo by Andre Venter)

Documentary covering the downing of an Armรฉe de Terre Gazelle
            in Mali during Operation Barkhane last year (en franรงais)

Comment

• With SAVOIA unearthing some truly astonishingly rare photographs of a Venezuelan Gazelle YV228CP, both Zishelix and myself feel the need to repay him with another very rare Gazelle not seen until now:- Being one of the moderators he probably cannot give himself an award so this is for him !

N9002Z c/n 1527 with titles of Caribbean Helicopter Airways Inc

Photos with thanks to the San Diego Air & Space Museum archive

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow! As in just wow! ๐Ÿคช

What a lovely gesture guys ๐Ÿ‘ and what truly wonderful shots! โญโญโญโญโญ

Not only nice quality photos, but revealing a hitherto unknown operator (at least for me).

๐™„๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™ซ! โ€” And that you have indeed done. Grazie mille amici miei!

Interesting to see the floats painted in the same colour as the fuselage. Colour-coded pop-out floats on the JetRanger where in vogue for a while in the early-to-mid 80's, but I'm guessing these shots are from the 70's.

This aircraft seems to have become the sister-ship to Mark's HA-LFB, being painted in the same green. Does anyone know if she still flies as HA-LFE?

• Zishelix
                Zishelix commented
                Editing a comment
                We were sure you'll like the photos

The photo was probably taken in late 70's or early 80's.

Presently HA-LFE, indeed. I wouldn't know whether it's still airworthy.

• Helipixman
                Helipixman commented
                Editing a comment
                You are most welcome SAVOIA, not only for the Venezeulan photos, its the fantastic amount of effort you put into Aviafora.

• SA341B RA-05709 (WA1184) in Russia (Photo courtesy of Avia member Kirill)

RA-1314G in Russia NFI

SA314G(S) YU-HVZ (cn.1295) as seen at Breda Airport on 25th July 2020

YU-HWF

SA341G(S) YU-HWF (cn.1407) as seen at Lisiฤji Jarak Airport in Serbia on 25th July 2020

RP-C77

SA341B RP-C77 (WA1208) as seen in the Philippines in 2008

A digital impression of N901B

Gaz Memorabilia

A set of Gazelle cufflinks are currently up for grabs on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WES...-/293624460229

Comment

• Helipixman
                Helipixman commented
                Editing a comment
                You have done it again ! wonderful shots of RP-C77 It is amazing how we still manage to find rare shots, I am going to look through my collection at the weekend to see what I have that may not have been seen before !

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                The thing is there were six or more Gazelles in the Philippines including:

1) SA341G RP-C224 (cn.1490)
                2) SA341G RP-C341 (cn.1249)
                3) SA342J RP-C342 (cn.1663)
                4) SA341G RP-C787 (cn.1363)
                5) SA341G RP-C1110 (cn.1110)
                6) SA341G RP-C5131 (cn.1775).

Most of these were delivered new, meaning there is a high probability of some lovely nostalgic photos kicking around the Philippines, perhaps even some with sea, beach and palm tree surroundings! So, this is something I need to follow-up on.

๐™„ ๐™–๐™ข ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™—๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™—๐™š๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™š! โ€” Okay, great. Just bear in mind to keep some shots in store for .. ๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜Ž๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜๐˜.

• Helipixman
                Helipixman commented
                Editing a comment
                I have lots of helicopter images saved for Shrieking Gazelles II ๐Ÿ˜‰

• SA341B ZB691 (WA2006) at SPTA in July 2020 (Photo by Philip Stevens)

Flying as 'Army Air 741'.

SA341F2 ZU-RNV (cn.1608) as seen at Centurion in Gauteng on 27th July 2020 (Photo courtesy of Jean-Pierre)

Serbian Air Force cadets with SA342 at Pasuljanska Livada training ground in July 2020

Lezioni di Gazzella DCS in Italiano

The 342 Phantom lifting-off near St. Petersburg on 27th July 2020

Gaz Gear

Phone cover available at: https://www.redbubble.com/i/samsung-...52934397.S4BK2

Comment

• SA341G(S) G-BZLA (cn.1392) as seen at Silverstone on 5th July 2002 (Photo by Mike Kell)

SA342L 241 (cn.1854) as seen at Casement Baldonnel in August 1987 (Photo by Derek Gaynor)

Gazelles at Middle Wallop NFI (Photo by Michael Skinner)

Comment

The thing is there were six or more Gazelles in the Philippines including:

1) SA341G RP-C224 (cn.1490)
                  2) SA341G RP-C341 (cn.1249)
                  3) SA342J RP-C342 (cn.1663)
                  4) SA341G RP-C787 (cn.1363)
                  5) SA341G RP-C1110 (cn.1110)
                  6) SA341G RP-C5131 (cn.1775).

Number 6) is a 342J not 342G.

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Grazie Stefano! ๐Ÿ‘

• Monenegrin Air Force SA342 as seen in July 2020

SA341G G-SFTF (cn.1262) as seen at Glasgow Prestwick Airport on 5th October 1985 (Photo by John Allan)

SA341H HA-LFK (cn.051) as seen in Hungary NFI

Comment

• SA341B as seen near Mt. Ararat in eastern Turkey in June 1983
                    With our thanks to Philip Amadeus for the use of this photo and who also features in the above shot!

SA341F cn.1372 being Christened NFI

Per Fabrizio ..

A Philippine Air Force Puma being Christened in the early 80's by the 'Shoe Lady'

Lebanese Air Force SA342L's as seen in Beirut NFI

SA342L RA-0682G's under bridge pass in St. Petersburg in 2018

And just in case the Avia member who performed the above flight feels alone ..

Savoia .. a few seconds away from taking Bell 206B N2917W beneath San Francisco's Bay Bridge in February 1989
                    (Photo courtesy of Sav's brother Carlo)

Comment

• Fabrice
                      Fabrice commented
                      Editing a comment
                      '๐—ฆ๐—”๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿญ๐—™ ๐—ฐ๐—ป.๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฎ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—–๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฑ' .. This is the first Gazelle delivered to the Etain based GALDIV 4, in late 1975.
                      You can find more here:https://www.alat.fr/historique-unite...div-4-ehl.html

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      '๐™๐™๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ. ๐™๐™ฃ๐™™๐™š๐™ง ๐™—๐™ง๐™ž๐™™๐™œ๐™š๐™จ ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™˜.' โ€” AFAIK you still can in certain parts of the US.

'๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ž๐™ข๐™–๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™—๐™ก๐™š ๐™ž๐™› ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™ž๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง ๐˜ฝ๐™ง๐™ž๐™™๐™œ๐™š!' โ€” Ha ha!

'๐—ง๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—š๐—ฎ๐˜‡๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—˜๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—š๐—”๐—Ÿ๐——๐—œ๐—ฉ ๐Ÿฐ, ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿต๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฑ.' โ€” Grazie Fabrice! ๐Ÿ‘ I suppose you saw the Puma also?

• Fabrice
                      Fabrice commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I suppose you saw the Puma also?
                      Oh yes I did, grazie mile! Pics of the Philippines AF Pumas are not common...

• The five Gazelles formerly operated by the Helicopter Service of the Republic of Srpska have been bought by the Helicopter Unit of Serbia's Ministry of Interior.

The first of these Gazelles SA341H cn.037 landed in Serbia on 31st July 2020 wearing the temporary registration YU-HFO.

SA341H (cn.037) as seen at Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport on 31st July 2020 (Photo by Petar Vojinoviฤ‡)

SA341B XX439 (WA1409) as seen at RAF Wildenrath in Germany on 21st October 1981 (Photo by Jonathan Verschuuren)

Note the cargo hook and Union Flag on the belly.

SA341G N37UP (cn.1224) flying over Marta on the edge of Lake Bolsena on 1st May 2017
                    (Video courtesy of Avia member Liberio)

Comment

• SA342M HA-HSG (cn.3615) as seen at Breighton on 1st August 2020 (Photo by Steve Blee)

SA341G ZU-ROO (cn.1301) as seen Rand at Airport on 1st August 2020 (Photo by Bruce Perkins)

SA342L ZU-RHH (cn.1787) as seen at Rand Airport on 1st August 2020 (Photo by Bruce Perkins)

ZU-RNV

SA341F2 ZU-RNV (cn.1608) during a visit to Durban on 1st August 2020 (Photo courtesy of Jean-Pierre)

Comment

• Helipixman
                        Helipixman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Another great find ZU-ROO. Small correction to caption the C/n is 1301 which makes it another of the ex Mr Crabtree collection HA-LFM !

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grazie Elipix! ๐Ÿ‘ Typo on my part, now amended.

The five Gazelles formerly operated by the Helicopter Service of the Republic of Srpska have been bought by the Helicopter Unit of Serbia's Ministry of Interior.

The first of these Gazelles SA341H cn.037 landed in Serbia on 31st July 2020 wearing the temporary registration YU-HFO.

Great find, Enrico.

Two of these will become operational, while the remaining three will be used for spares recovery. I have not yet found their identities.

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grazie Jos!

I will ask the photographer if he can keep a look out for data plates as they come in.
                    Working...
                    X