• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA342L CN-ACV (cn.1972) as seen in Marrakech in March 2012

SA342M on board a French naval vessel NFI

Comment

• Ex-S5-HCR

Does anybody know present registration of Soko-built SA341H c/n 027?

It's in Ukraine, allegedly.

Comment

• SA341G JA9098 (cn.1012) as seen at Iruma Airbase in Japan on 9th October 1973

SA341B XX381 (WA1269) as seen at RNAY Fleetlands in Gosport on 10th June 1978 (Photo by Robin Walker)

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post

It seems that these movements are a little inaccurate and I think it may be better not to show the route unless this can be verified. For example, while G-CDNO flew near or over Stowmarket and Kidlington, the aircraft never landed as these locations. The flight was in fact from Breighton to Landmead.

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay grazie Stefano, will make some adjustments.

• Helipixman
        Helipixman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats exactly why I stopped doing the movements, Flight Radar24 is not accurate enough, many times the helicopter just drops off the screen and it is not possible to give the exact location of landing.

• SA318C F-GEFE (cn.2033) with SA341G F-GDXX (cn.1262) as seen at Aรฉrodrome Toussus-le-Noble in 1997 (Stuart Mitchell)

SA341G(S) YU-HWF (cn.1407) as seen
      at Stapleford on 17th September 2021

Comment

• Helipixman
        Helipixman commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I was there that day also at Toussus and photographed both the Gazelle and Alouette, possibly during Paris Air Show, we had a little trip there from Le Bourget.

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Great stuff Elipix! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA341G(S) YU-HEY (cn.1320) as seen at Booker on 18th September 2021 (Photo by Grant Robinson)

SA341G(S) YU-HHH (cn.1307) as seen on 17th September 2021 NFI

Engine bay tour of SA341G RA-07822
      (WA1073) in Russia in September 2021

Yugoslav Gaz Ops

Comment

• N544GZ SA341F2 (1544) owned by Alan Braken, 25.8.21 seen here with a couple of expensive cars, I would still have the Gazelle !

Comment

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha, bravo Elipix! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA341F2 1544/BOU at Leeuwarden in July 2nd, 1994

Comment

• SA341H 12803 (cn.030) NFI

Notice the armour plate on the door. For some reason the aircraft's model no. and construction no. have been blacked-out with tape.

SA341B XX383 (WA1273) as seen at Blackpool on 22nd October 1984 (Photo by Philip Pain)

The Gaz Squad arriving at Pembrey
          on 28th August 2021

Comment

• DESA, has AAC Gazelles for sale, along with a Type 23 frigate, other ships,Hercules,E-3A plus some equipment that would very useful on a Saturday night in my local city centre!!

Comment

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome aboard, Ian!

Thanks for info regarding DESA sale. City traffic here makes me think to obtain something like this

• Welcome aboard Ian!

Comment

• Royal Marines

SA341B XZ305 (WA1543) as seen at HMS Sultan, Gosport on 18th September 2021

SA341G(S) YU-HEY (cn.1320) as seen at Booker on 18th September 2021 (Photo by Graeme Lovell)

Comment

• 7 Flight Army Air Corps' Gazelle in Berlin in 1985

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice one Zis! ๐Ÿ‘

Have 'snapped' you in the post below!

• SA341B ZB671 (WA1958) as seen at SPTA on 22nd September 2021 (Photo by Rick Ingham)

SA341B attached to 7 Flight AAC as seen over the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin the the 1980's

This is a 'Gaz Snap' in response to Zis' photo in the post above!

Egyptian Air Force live fire during operation Bright Star 2017

BATUS Flight Gazelles Returning to the UK

The Gazelles attached to 29 BATUS Flight in Canada will be returning to the UK, probably within the next half year.

Speculation suggests they will be demobilised to Middle Wallop and from there either sold or assigned to short-term operational duties.

We await further details.

Check out the latest Gazelles for sale .. on the GazMart

Comment

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Re 'Gaz Snap' ๐Ÿ‘

• Fabrice
                  Fabrice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Savoia wrote: '๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฎ๐’‚๐’›๐’†๐’๐’๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’‚๐’„๐’‰๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’ 29 ๐‘ฉ๐‘จ๐‘ป๐‘ผ๐‘บ ๐‘ญ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’Š๐’ ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’๐’‚๐’…๐’‚ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’“๐’†๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ผ๐‘ฒ, ๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’š ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’™๐’• ๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’‡ ๐’š๐’†๐’‚๐’“.'

I thought all the BATUS Flt Gazelles had already been shipped back to the UK.

Does anyone know which ones are still on location in Suffield?

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Elipix, you seem to be up to speed on the UK's Army cabs, are you able to confirm whether there are any birds still based at Suffield?

• I am trying to find the original photo of XZ310 which was taken over the Tiergarten in Berlin with the Victory Column in the background. The photo may have been taken by Peter Gilchrist.

It is on the front cover of Armed Forces issue 9 as per below:

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ciao Ian!

I will make some enquiries for you.

• SA341G c/n 1099 F-GEHB at Issy les Moulineaux in the mid 1980's

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fantastico Zis, such a lovely shot! ๐Ÿ‘Œ โญโญโญโญโญ

• SA341B ZB671 (WA1958) as seen at SPTA on 22nd September 2021 (Photo by Rick Ingham)

Flying as 'Army Air 757'.

SA341G N37UP (cn.1224) as seen at Frร  Viaco near Lago di Mezzano, Valentano in Lazio on 19th September 2021

No, not the Italian branch of the American car hire firm, but instead Avia member Liberio (who kindly provided this photo) attending a meeting of trustees for Associazione Volontari Italiani Sangue (Association of Voluntary Italian Blood Donors).
                Bravo Liberio!

S5-HCR Departing Pulkovo Airport in Russia

This is the aircraft which Zis recently enquired about.

Check out the latest Alo for sale on Alouettes for Sale

Comment

• XX446 in Original Sharks Scheme

Does anyone have any photos of XX446 CU-57 when she was painted in the Sharks day-glow orange and black which was prior to the red and white scheme or any other navy paint scheme?

Comment

• SA341B G-ZZEL (WA1152) Ha'penny Green 22nd September 2021 (Photo by Paul Bunch)

SA341C G-ZZLE (WA1402) ex-XX436 as seen near Pembrey Airfield on 29th August 2021

Armรฉe de Terre in Mali NFI

Originally posted by md600driver View Post

XX446 in Original Sharks Scheme
                    Does anyone have any photos of XX446 CU-57 when she was painted in the Sharks day-glow orange and black which was prior to the red and white scheme or any other navy paint scheme?
                    Buongiorno Stefano!

This aircraft must surely have looked the same as XX397, XW863 and XW860 all of which were painted in orange, black and grey.

SA341C XX397 (WA1317) as seen at Lee-on-Solent on 21st July 1979 (Photo by Robin Walker)

SA341C XW863 (WA 1114) as seen at Greenham Common on 23rd June 1979 (Photo by Peter Nicholson)

SA341C XW860 (WA1100) as seen at Lee-on-Solent on 21st July 1978 (Photo by Robin Walker)

Comment

• GAZELLE DOWN IN RUSSIA

A Gazelle helicopter rolled over during landing. The helicopter had flown around the Vilyuchinsky, Zhupanovsky, Karymsky volcanoes and landed on a pre-selected section 23 km from the Elizovo-Paratunka highway in the Elizovsky municipal district of the Kamchatka Territory in a swampy area. When the engines were turned off, the helicopter began to sink into the ground with the right ski. The pilot added engine power, but the aircraft rolled over on its right side. There was one pilot on board, who was not injured.
                      https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/268124

The aircraft involved is reportedly RA-1558G.

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grazie Fabrizio!

Zis, do you have any ideas as to the construction number of this Gaz?

• Zishelix
                        Zishelix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sadly, I have no idea about her ID
                        http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=8376#post8376

• Helipixman
                        Helipixman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I also have no idea as to the real c/n. 1558 is Currently N321VV owned by Pottco Tactical Air (Mike Van Vort)

• Three Gazelles up for auction tomorrow 28th September 2021 at Witham...

TAD.017 XW888 AH.1
                      XZ325 AH.1
                      XZ935 HT.3

Details also on the GazMart

Good luck to anyone attending.

Comment

• The Sharks, RN Display Team in mid 1980's

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Bravo Zis!

I believe this confirms what we are suspecting, which is that this must be the orange and black scheme which Stefano mentioned, only that the aircraft also have some grey.

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          All the photos I have seen of XX446 seem to be in the standard red and white.

• SA341 I-PNIC (cn.002) a Eliporto Euro Tech, Caiolo on 22nd August 2014 (Photo by Davide Mascheroni)

SA341B ZB665 (WA1932)โ€‹ as seen at Belfast City Airport on 27th September 2021 (Photo by Gavin)

Comment

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I will have a look at Radar box, just wonder do you set up a filter for just the Gazelles and do a playback ?

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you go to the link I shared, at the bottom of the page should be a seven-day summary of Gaz movements.

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ah well should have looked at the link sooner, thats an easy way of following them - very well found, thanks. Glad it also shows military movements which will help in keeping a track on which ones are still active - not many though.

• SA341B ZB665 (WA1932)โ€‹ as seen at Belfast City Airport on 27th September 2021 (Photo by Gavin)

SA341C G-DFKI (WA1216) as seen at Bourne Park on 9th April 2008 (Photo by Bill Teasdale)

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Elipix, it seems as if the Gaz Squad may have paid a visit to MWH yesterday.

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
                        Elipix, it seems as if the Gaz Squad may have paid a visit to MWH yesterday.

I have been with the new owner today at Breighton.

Comment

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Is my old age getting to me... the new owner of what ?

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Stefano is commenting on my comment to you re: the Gaz Squad visiting Stapleford yesterday. If you look at the last movement record you will see a flight from Oxford to Stapleford with G-CBKA.

As you know, one of our members has been looking at this aircraft, so the Gaz Squad may actually have been delivering her or it could have been KA's new owner taking her there.

That owner has been with Stefano today.

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thats interesting, CAA site still shows Paul Whitaker, Bruce Stuart and Andrew Stuart as owners. No sign of what we call a POCO Potential change of ownership either. I suspect as you say and Steve will definately know it has a new owner and the CAA will eventually catch up ? Look forward to the new details when available.

• SA342L 12901 (cn.111) as seen at Kraljevo Airbase in Laฤ‘evci, Serbia on 2nd November 2019 (Photo by Ivan Bukviฤ‡)

F-MBYF NFI (Photo by M. Riehl)

With our thanks to Avia member Jakub for the above photo!

David Jason and Tim Peake visiting the Gaz Squad recently

Comment

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Pity they didn't put a photo with Mr. Jason in Gazelle.

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Zis

I have got as photo of a Robinson R44 painted yellow with the same titles as Del Boys Robin Reliant, but sadly not for this site as it is not a gazelle.

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Zis, there probably 'is' a shot of 'Del Boy' in the Gaz.

• Freak Storm Hits Stapleford Tawney

On Wednesday 29th September, Stapleford Aerodrome was hit by a freak storm resulting in damage to several aircraft.

One Twin Squirrel, G-IDEB, was tossed onto its side and badly damaged. The other unidentified Twin Squirrel was turned 180 degrees and its rotors were exposed to extreme flapping. The same is also believed to have happened to SA341G YU-HHH although we are awaiting further details.

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Grazie Elipix! ๐Ÿ‘

As I recall, you do sometimes get very high winds in the UK. How grand it would be if there was a reliable advance 'wind warning' (I wonder what the Windy App was predicting) but then again I seem to remember that the UK is also known for its sometimes less-than-accurate wind warnings.

• SA342J(S) G-TOPZ (cn.1473) as seen at Ascot on 18th June 2009 (Photo by Ben Allsup)

Such a nice colour on this Gaz.

Qatari Gazelles QA-06, QA-07 and QA-08 NFI (Photo by P. Steinemann)

Seen here in line abreast formation. This is one of the more demanding formations to fly (in tight form) as all but one aircraft must be flown with ones eyes constantly on the approximal aircraft. For this reason tight line abreast formations are usually only maintained for short periods of time.

With our thanks to Avia member Jakub for this photo.

New Owner for G-CBKA

As has been mentioned in recent days, SA341D (WA1746) now has a new owner.

This aircraft was originally offered for sale on the GazMart, was then bought by the Gaz Squad and has now been re-sold.

We are awaiting details of the new owner.

Comment

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          G-CBKA is now showing on G-INFO as a Potential change of ownership opened on 30th September 2021 with a review date of 24th September 2021 ??? (as usual CAA not on the ball). I suspect it should read 24th October 2021.

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          '๐—œ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฐ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ข๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ.'

Ha ha, so funny. Let's hope the beloved CAA don't make any other clerical errors, such as the the date of validity of the CofA or Permit to Fly!

• SA341G ZU-ROO (cn.1301) as seen in Jakkalsvlei, Herbertsdale, South Africa on 30th September 2021 (Photo by Schalk Tromp)

SA341B XZ334 (WA1673) as seen at SPTA on 29th September 2021 (Photo by Thomas Howe)

Flying as 'Army Air 841'.

SA341C G-ZZLE (WA1402) as seen at RNAS Yeovilton in July 2019 (Photo by Clive Wilson)

Avia member Clive writes:

This is my Grandson in a Gazelle which his Grandad helped assemble some 40 years ago. Photo taken at the Yeovilton Air Day. With thanks to the โ€˜The Gazelle Squadronโ€™ for encouraging children to take an interest in aviation.
                        โ€” Clive Wilson
                        Bravo Clive, lovely to see the wee lad sitting in a craft which you built!

Comment

• SA341B as seen at Middle Wallop in 1980 (Photo by Cliff Knox)

Gazelles in Gabon

SA342L as seen in Gabon NFI

SA341F2 F-MCWH (cn.1718) as seen at Phalsbourg in June 2003 (Photo by Paul Schaller)

Another hot start! ๐Ÿ˜†

Comment

Working...
                          X