No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA341G F-GKYC c/n 1414 in 1993 (Photo: Patrick Mathieu)

Anybody able to shed some light on her present status?

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      After being imported from Spain (EC-EET) by CM CIC Bail SA as F-GKYC, 9.7.87 it was sold to Eurl Helios, 14.10.91. During this ownership it suffered an unknown accident at Pont de St. Nazaire on 10.7.91 operated by Heli Ocean.

I cannot find any details as to the severity of the accident. It was then sold to Sarl Formule 1 Aviation, 7.1.92 ? So was it rebulit ? After this it had two owners both with addresses in the same area, Vitrolles. First was Textron Finance SA, 19.5.92 and then Exmat SA, 7.9.97 (the current registered owner)

There have been no reports of this helicopter anywhere, I believe it to be stored possibly at Toussus Le Noble. I have visited Toussus numerous times and have not seen it. Having said that, there was one large hangar crammed full of dismantled/stored helicopters, Alouettes, Gazelles etc. Access was never allowed to this hangar but annoyingly that was what I was told was in there by an airport employee.

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting Elipix! 👍

It sounds as if 1414 could be sitting somewhere in France and potentially available for rebuild.

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      I also have Associates C. C. Locavia (Helios) in 1993 and S. A. Vitrolles Negoce Materiel in 1997 as owners/operators of the specific machine.

Somebody at Toussus Le Noble with '007 license' to enter the specific facility, by a chance?

• Mozambique Air Force

Mozambique Air Force SA341B as seen in Mozambique on 25th September 2021

Qatari Air Force SA342L QA-05 (Photo by P. Steinemann)

Qatari Police

Qatari Police SA341 QP1 (Photo by P. Steinemann)

QP1 has featured before on the thread, but I believe this is the first time in colour.

Qatari photos courtesy of Avia member Jakub.

Qatari Air Force live fire demonstration

Comment

• SA341B G-UNNS (WA1284) overhead Chapeltown in South Yorkshire on 2nd October 2021 (Photo by Alan Meloy)

A wee tribute to Elipix's Papà in the Avia logo for G-UNNS.

SA341B XX383 (WA1273) as seen at Blackpool on 22nd October 1984 (Photo by Philip Pain)

SA341G N37UP (cn.1224) over Lago di Bolsena,
      Provincia di Viterbo in October 2021

With thanks to Avia member Liberio for this video.

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        '.. 𝒂 𝑷𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒂𝒗𝒂𝒋𝒐 𝑬𝒍𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑳𝒖𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒚!' — As opposed to the Piper Navajo G-OLLY! 😆 Sorry, couldn't resist that.
        Given that the flight was from Elstree, I'm supposing that you arranged this for him, and I'm sure he must have enjoyed it.
        As it happens, today's 'BAG' shot incorporates a Navajo!

It's just a hunch, but I'm guessing that Papà Elipix would have loved the Gaz!

• Helipixman
        Helipixman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it would have been good being G-OLLY which I saw many times at Biggin Hill mainly. The jolly was with myself, brother and father and was done by a German ferry pilot Hans Niby. The day before I met him at Elstree where he was taking a Cessna 310 to Ireland and bringing back a Piper Seneca. I went to Luton with him in G-BAKE to clear customs, none at Elstree in those days. He said the following day he would be doing the same trip in D-IHFD so he said come along, so Dad also went. Happy days! My father was sadly not really into helicopters, liked to look at them but never a fan ! He actually knew the directors of Medminster and Air Gregory which he did not tell me until I started fixed wing training, maybe if he had I would have gone into helicopter training instead. Oh how things could have been so different !

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Very interesting Elipix, grazie.

You mention G-BAKE and it is making me think of a story I shared with Stefano about my father's secretary in Yorkshire who used to make the most delicious Parkin cake and which was traditionally eaten around this time of year. She was very strict however about baking this outside of Hallowtide (ie. during the church feasts occurring within the first half of November, notably All Saint’s Day, All Souls Day and the Feast of St. Martin). One year though she very graciously prepared it for my birthday, even though it fell outside of this time. I showed my appreciation by demolishing (as in ravenously eating) as much of the cake as I could in record time! 😆

Medminster .. its been a while since I heard that name! They took over Alouette II G-AVEE from Gregory's, but I don't know whether they operated under their own name as a charter company?

• Egyptian Police

Egypt Police SA342L (cn.1603) as seen in Giza, Egypt NFI (Photo courtesy of Aiva member Jakub)

SA341F2 F-MCWO as seen at Phalsbourg in May 1996 (Photo by Olivier Bonnet)

The '342 Phantom' manoeuvring in St. Petersburg in October 2021

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        The photo is courtesy of Jakub.

Thank you for F-MCWO's cn. I don't suppose you know the markings or registration of 1603?

• Zishelix
        Zishelix commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say it's 3203 visible under the Gazelle logo.

Btw, #1603 is a Navy machine.

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie mille Zis! 👍

• Admiral Brian Brown with SA341C ZB649 (WA2012) at Stoner Hill in Hampshire on 16th March 1990

ALAT 342 NFI (Photo by Karl-Eric Lenne)

Comment

• Seeing as Zis mentioned F-MGET yesterday ..

SA342M F-MGET (cn.4225) NFI

BAG, NFI

SA341C G-IBNH (WA1033) NFI

YU-HWF at Stapleford in September

Comment

• Ghanaian Police to Receive Two Gazelles

Ghanaian president Nana Akufo-Addo has announced that three helicopters, two Gazelles and one AS350 Ecureuil, will be delivered to the Ghanaian national police in November.

Six pilots have recently completed their training in South Africa [at the Paramount Training Acedemy in Polokwane]. President Akufo made the announcement at the graduation ceremony for the 50th Class of Cadet Officers at the Police Training Academy in Tesano, Accra.
        www.koaci.com/article/2021/10/03/ghana/societe/ghana-trois-helicopteres-et-des-cameras-de-surveillance-pour-renforcer-la-police_154364.html

Let's hope some pictures will surface.

Fabrice

Comment

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Grazie mille Fabrizio! 👍

• SA341B XX380 (WA1268) as seen at RNAS Yeovilton on 12th March 2016 (Photo by Stuart Mitchell)

SA341G G-WDEV (WA1098) as seen at Stapleford in March 2000 (Photo by Bill Teasdale)

LH-94306 as seen in China NFI

Comment

• SA341G(S) G-MANN (cn.1295) as seen at Stapleford on 1st November 2012 (Photo by David Reeves)

QA-07 + 2 NFI (Photo by P. Steinemann)

Qatari photo courtesy of Avia member Jakub!

Comment

• After a looong search I came across this image of C-GEJE (SA342J; c/n 1057)!

It is not often that I find a new Gaz scheme!

Comment

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              Dominion Pegasus Helicopter Ltd. situated in King City, Ontario CA

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Grazie Zis! 👍 It would be a fine thing if we could one day track down some photos of CF-GCE during her time with Pegasus.

• Helipixman
              Helipixman commented
              Editing a comment
              Also a new one for me - not seen that scheme before -great addition.

• SA341B XZ290 (WA1489) as seen at Belfast Airport in October 2021 (Photo by Dimitri Kuznecovas)

SA342's in Egypt NFI

SA342J D-HOPO (1708) +1 as seen at Aeromecanic in Marignane NFI

Accident Report Now Published

The Belgian Air Accident Investigation Unit (AAIU) final report on the crash of Belgaz N505HA on 5th September 2018 has now been published: https://mobilit.belgium.be/sites/def...nal_report.pdf

Comment

• SA341F2 F-MGQZ (cn.1718) NFI

SA342L QA-08 NFI (Photo by P. Steinemann)

With thanks to Avia member Jakub for the above photo.

SA341B G-BZYD (WA1648) as seen
            near Beachy Head in East Sussex
            on 12th October 2021

It's been a while since we heard from Carlo, but I hope he is keeping well.

Comment

• SA341G(S) G-UTZY (cn.1307) as seen at Battersea in 1987 (Photo by Ibrahim Ahmet)

Iraqi Gazelles NFI

HA-LFX landing at Hungaroring
              on 31st July 2011

Comment

• Helipixman
                Helipixman commented
                Editing a comment
                First time I have seen G-UTZY with the logo on the tail, difficult to see what it says - possibly peter Walker but cannot read the part at the bottom ?

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                To me it appears to read Brent Walker (as per Michael's comment of Avia's FB page) and the name at the bottom seems to begin with Fali .. or Fari .. or something similar. However, the image breaks up when magnified so it could be something entirely different!

• G-CBKA New Owner Registered

G-CBKA was officially registered to it's new owner, Graham Paul Hinkley, on 12.10.21.

Graham is starting to put together a collection of ex-military helicopters. He already has a Lynx and a Scout.

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Grazie Elipix! 👍

Great stuff, would be lovely to see one of the earlier Lynx flying again. Do you happen to know if his Lynx is the AH7 recently delivered to North Weald, ie. XZ678?

• Rotorspot
                Rotorspot commented
                Editing a comment
                The Lynx is an AH7, registration G-NCKS, c/n 047, ex XZ179.

• Zishelix wrote:

"Sure, this is briefly what I have about #1057: Produced as SA341G; 1973 CF-GCE ; 1979 N9042U; 1987 C-GEJE; upgraded to SA342J; 1989 EC-EQU; 2003 F-GOSO & 2004 YU-HES."

A couple of additions to this history:

Firstly, while being N9042U, there was a reservation for N341NA, but this was not taken up, exact date unknown.

Secondly, before becoming EC-EQU, she was temporarily registered as EC-309, exact date unknown. This probably has to do with the conversion.

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Grazie Jos! 👍

EC-309, is that a civilian designation?

• Rotorspot
                Rotorspot commented
                Editing a comment
                EC-309 is a Spanish temporary registration, mainly used for testing purposes.

• SA341D G-RBIL (WA1199) as seen at Duxford on 14th October 2021 (Photo by David Whitworth)

SA341B ZB671 (WA1958) as seen at Middle Wallop on 14th October 2021

Comment

• Can anyone assist me please?

I have seen a Gazelle for sale in South Africa, but I am unable to identify the aircraft's registration.

Any clues?

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Greetings to you Ian.

The aircraft in the photo is ZU-RNB which is a former Ecuadorian Army SA342L.

• Jensen Jordan Lubowa
                  Editing a comment
                  By the way. I have 2 Gazelle's in south Africa for sale, SA341F2 and D

• SA341D G-CBKA (WA1746) as seen at Duxford on 16th October 2021 (Photo by David Whitworth)

Gulf War Gazelle NFI (Photo by D. Lauvergeon)

Above photo courtesy of Jakub.

Gazelle brochures currently up for grabs:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/203651054602...8AAOSwHaBWkvpq

https://www.ebay.it/itm/362238034705...YAAOSwpw1afy-U

Comment

• SA341G ZU-ROO (cn.1301) as seen at Mossel Bay Airfield in October 2021 (Photo by Rudie Barnard)

SA342L ZU-RMW (cn.1427) as seen at Warmbaths Airfield in Bela-Bela, Limpopo in October 2021
                  With thanks to Avia reader 'DG' for the above photo of RMW. Grazie amico!

French Forces Complete Exercise Cormoran 21

The two-week military exercise involving cooperation between the French armed forces has been completed.

The exercise involved 1,500 personnel and employed six Tiger attack helicopters, six NH90 and two Puma transport helicopters as well as ten Gazelle reconnaissance helicopters.

https://news.usni.org/2021/10/18/fre...s-from-the-sea

The '342 Phantom' performing a fly-by
                  near St. Petersburg in October 2021

Comment

• ALAT Gazelle on board a carrier NFI

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice Zis! 👍

• SA342M F-MGEK (cn.4216) as seen at Aérodrome de Millau-Larzac on 17th October 2021 (Photo by Pierre)

SA342L ZU-RMW (cn.1427) as seen at Warmbaths Airfield in Bela-Bela, Limpopo on 9th October 2021 (Photo by Gary Shephard)

SA341C ZU-HBH (WA1418) as seen in South Africa in 2016 NFI (Photo by Simon McDonnell)

Mini-gun Gaz fly-by

Comment

• Classic 1970's Civivy Gazelle Interiors

Comment

• xbdt
                      xbdt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have somewhere the exact seat configuration like the one displayed in the second picture. I think these came from Canada. The rear seat is very comfy and there is a built in slot below (like a storage compartment for documents).

• Zishelix
                      Zishelix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You're right, I think all these were interiors for North American market.

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very interesting Zis to see these classic interiors! 👍

• SA341D G-CBKA (WA1746) as seen at Duxford on 16th October 2021 (Photo by Ben)

For Jakub ..

SA342M's as seen during Operation Daguet in 1991

SA341F2 N918GZ (cn.1672) as seen Stateside in January 2016 (Photo by Barry Ambrose)

N918GZ as seen in California
                    in October 2021

Comment

• Jakub Cikhart
                      Jakub Cikhart commented
                      Editing a comment
                      WOW, great pic of Gulf Gazelles. This should be in hi-res I can see BPG leading the pack. Any chance for other identifiers ? Cheers !!

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unfortunately I don't have any other info on this shot Jakub.

• Change of Ownership G-CTFS

G-CTFS is now showing as a potential change of registered owner as of 12.10.21 with a review date of 20.10.21

Comment

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Grazie Elipix very interesting! 👍

We haven't seen or heard anything about this craft for some time now.

Do you think this may be headed for the 'Gunner' stable?

• SA342L 241 (cn.1854) as seen in Bray Co. Wicklow on 21st August 2005 (Photo by Frank Grealish)

SA341B ZA728 (WA1797) NFI

N341ZL Sold to Australia

SA341G N341ZL cn.1262 which has featured on the GazMart and was sold earlier this year, has been shipped to Australia, presumably to her new owner.

ZL was one of the lowest time Gazelles available with just over 3,000 hours on her frame and is fitted with a custom panel to accommodate an array of additional instrumentation.

Comment

• SA341C HA-HCD (WA1102) as seen at Hajmásjkér Airport in Hungary on 4th September 2021 (Photo by Attila Groszvald-Groszi)
                      With our thanks to Zishelix for the above photo!

SA341B XZ314 (WA1595) as seen at Middle Wallop on 26th July 1979 (Photo by Lewis Grant)

Buon weekend to our members and visitors!

Comment

• Cypriot Air Force SA342's NFI

SA342M HA-HSG (cn.3615) as seen at Dalton Barracks near Abingdon on 11th September 2021 (Photo by Chris Murkin)

Gazelle Canopies and Windscreens Available

For further info visit our Gazelle spares page

Gaz sim flight (en français) in French

Comment

• Thank you so much.

In December I am going to buy ZU-RTB and need a new plexiglass for it, it's a 341F2.

I'll contact you soon.

Thanks 😊

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You are welcome, although orders should be made directly with the supplier.

FYI, some of our members also have used windshields available.

• Hi Jensen,

My inbox is full of aircraft for sale in South Africa!

On another forum there has being a thread on how to fly a helicopter from SA to the UK.

The advice given was not very encouraging.

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It may be less costly (although not as adventurous) to put the craft in a container and ship it to Europe.

• Zishelix
                            Zishelix commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ian, please if you can explain remark about 'encouraging SA-UK helicopter flying'. Thanks in advance!

• SA342M F-MGET (cn.4225) as seen in Satory, France in October 2021 (Photo by Timothée Savouré)

SA341B XW850 (WA1019) as seen at Biggin Hill on 20th May 1973 (Photo by John Law)

Zis, I remembering you saying that the UK navy Gazelles had a double antenna arrangement fitted behind the landing light. Do you know why this 'BAG' also has such an arrangement? Also, would you happen to know what the double stripes at the bottom of the windshield are for?

SA341C G-BZDV (WA1150) as seen at Newtownards Airfield on 12th June 2008 (Photo by Gavin)

Comment

Working...
                          X