No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA342M F-MBLF 4183 as seen off the coast of Calvi, Corsica in June 2023 (Photo de Jean-Raphaël Drahi)

Comment

• Fabrice
      Fabrice commented
      Editing a comment
      This photo is definetely much older, as since september 15th, 2009, all the ALAT aircraft have some permanentely allocated regs. The ones used for the Gazelles all begin with a G.

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Molte grazie Fabrizio! 👍

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed, #4183 was 'BLF' between 2006 & 2009

• Crabtree Gazelles Sold to South Africa

ZU-REX Westland SA341B Gazelle AH.1, c/n 1506, ex G-CMLO, XZ294; registered 15-May-2023
    ZU-RHG Westland SA341B Gazelle AH.1, c/n 1385, ex G-CDNO, XX432; registered 23-May-2023

Comment

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot, 'Hawkeye' Jos!

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie mille Jos! 👍

• Helitrans SA341G F-GFFN c/n 1010 in France

I would appreciate it if someone has a better photo of c/n 1010 while she was F-GFFN or F-GOCV.

Comment

• xbdt
      xbdt commented
      Editing a comment
      This one has the high skid configuration.

• The owner of impounded SOKO Gazelle E7-VDH is determined to get his machine back claiming that the helicopter wasn't connected to the illegal activities of the couple who were arrested two years ago.

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...3677#post13677

Dalibor Višić, a businessman from Germany, claims that the police illegally confiscated his helicopter in July 2020, and that he will sue the Republic of Srpska for everything, and pay the money received to charity.

The amount of the lawsuit is estimated at six million marks, and it does not include the value of the helicopter, which has been "lying" in the hangar for more than two years.
    https://vitez.ba/biznismen-iz-njemac...pravno-oduzet/

Comment

• Te Gaz Squad as seen at Ragley Hall in Alcester, Warwickshire on 3rd June 2023 (Photo by Craig Martin)

Stefano, Michele and perhaps even Paolina aboard SA342M HA-HSG (3615) in Abingdon, Oxfordshire on 20th May 2023
      (Photo by Joe)

Comment

• SA341C G-SIVJ (WA2012) as seen at Abingdon, Oxfordshire on 20th May 2023 (Photo by Steven Reid)

Comment

• Some time back I posted the following in relation to a Gazelle which featured in a movie:

Originally posted by Zishelix View Post

Unidentified Gazelle

Does anyone know the identity of the Gazelle which took part in the movie 'Devil's Playground'?

https://sorryneverheardofit.wordpres...ls-playground/
          http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...3660#post13660

I am now wondering if this could be XW855 from the RAF Museum at Hendon. The reason I think this could be a possibility is that the movie was filmed at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood which is not far from Hendon. Also, the helicopter was only used as a static display which makes me believe it may not have been an airworthy airframe and finally the livery reminds of that used on the HCC.4

Below: SA341E HCC.4 XW855 (WA1050) at RAF Northolt on 18th May 1976 (Photo: Phillip Dawe)

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            It could be Zis, plus it has an antenna in the same location. Is there a way of checking if 855 had been withdrawn from service when the movie was filmed?

Any thoughts Elipix?

• Helipixman
            Helipixman commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello Zis
            To be honest this one has had me stumped for years, I even contacted the film company representaticves who said they did not know which Gazelle it was. Like you this is bugging me, I WILL find out one day. To start with I will contact MW Helicopters to see if they were involved in anyway. They have used their Gazelles for films before. As far as the RAF Museum Gazelle, they have a great detailed history for each exhibit available online and it did not mention any film use !

• SA342J F-GAMK (1006) as seen at Aéroport Marseille Marignane on 18th June 1979 (Photo by Paul Bannwarth)

Comment

• N497MM Change of Ownership

N497MM SA341F2 (c/n 1384) changed ownership to Trojan Aviation LLC, Dallas (Texas) on 27-May-2023

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Grazie Jos! 👍

• Originally posted by Helipixman View Post
            Hello Zis
            To be honest this one has had me stumped for years, I even contacted the film company representaticves who said they did not know which Gazelle it was. Like you this is bugging me, I WILL find out one day. To start with I will contact MW Helicopters to see if they were involved in anyway. They have used their Gazelles for films before. As far as the RAF Museum Gazelle, they have a great detailed history for each exhibit available online and it did not mention any film use !

It was a serviceable helicopter which flew to the film shoot and then returned to back to it's base somewhere in God's own country!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zishelix View Post

I am now wondering if this could be XW855 from the RAF Museum at Hendon. The reason I think this could be a possibility is that the movie was filmed at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood which is not far from Hendon. Also, the helicopter was only used as a static display which makes me believe it may not have been an airworthy airframe and finally the livery reminds of that used on the HCC.4

No it wasn’t.

Comment

• Zishelix
                Zishelix commented
                Editing a comment
                Steve, it looks like you know which machine was used for the movie Any chance to tell and help us to resolve 'the mystery'?

• SA342M OO-XDT (4103) as seen at Sywell on 8th June 2023 (Photo by David Moth)

Comment

Steve, it looks like you know which machine was used for the movie Any chance to tell and help us to resolve 'the mystery'?
                That would be too easy Zis, sometimes you have to work a little to get the results you want!

Now that you have a rough idea of where the Gaz was based, the next step is to try and discover the pilot's name and then guess which Gaz it was.

I think there is another Avia member (who flies a different Westland-built bird) who also knows which Gazelle was used in this film.

I'll help you a little bit by saying that the pilot wasn't me and that it wasn't a Gazelle which has been registered to me.

Zombies
                Last edited by md600driver; 10th June 2023, 22:20.

Comment

• Helipixman
                  Helipixman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In addition to my previous list I now have my records and found a really strong contender

G-ZZLE was owned by Andrew Miller between 29.4.05 - 10.4.14 and has the Antenna under the tail boom. I am sure I was told this featured in a film ! Also as Zis mentioned the reg looks like G-Z......

THIS IS MY FAVOURED CONTENDER NOW !

• Zishelix
                  Zishelix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Indeed, it could be Mr. Miller's machine with its normally not visible civil registration beneath superficial paintwork for the movie purposes. Pity some better photo from the film set couldn't be found

• Helipixman
                  Helipixman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OK we have done our research, over to you Mr Crabtree. Please put us out of our ZOMBIE state of not knowing !

• Stefano and Michele with SA342M HA-HSG (3615) at Sywell on 10th June 2023 (Photo by David Stevens)

SA341C G-CTFS (WA1081) as seen at Abingdon in Oxfordshire on 20th May 2023 (Photo by David Moth)

Comment

• G-ZZLE (XX436/CU39) at Weston-super-Mare in July 2019 (Photo: Kev Slade)

Comment

• Stefano, please read the various comments on post #5953 as there are now several contenders for the 'mystery Gazelle' which appeared in the 2010 'Zombie' movie.

Elipix leaves for Greece today so we won't have any more input from him for a couple of weeks but Zis is still keen to discover the identify of the craft and seeing as you mentioned it, the driver too!

Comment

• SA341B VH-OIX (WA1351) former XX409 as seen at Rowland Flat Airfield on 16th March 2023 (Photo by Philip Hosking)

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post

Stefano, please read the various comments on post #5953 as there are now several contenders for the 'mystery Gazelle' which appeared in the 2010 'Zombie' movie.

Elipix leaves for Greece today so we won't have any more input from him for a couple of weeks but Zis is still keen to discover the identify of the craft and seeing as you mentioned it, the driver too!

Driver was none other than big NIGEL! He did quite a bit of flying for the zombie films, he also had some sort of profit share (if any) in the film helicopter which was owned by Foreman Aviation.

Comment

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Much appreciate your kind reply! I only have G-DFKI owned by Foremans Aviation Ltd at the time.

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Stefano, I only ever saw photos of Nige driving Alouettes or one of your Gazelles and I am supposing it must have been you that got him onto flying Gazelles?

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As per my first post it has to be G-DFKI

• SA314G(S) YU-HVZ (1295) on wedding duty in the Netherlands, June 2023 (Photo by Roy van der Wens)

SA341B XZ295 (WA1507) as seen at Vélizy-Villacoublay Air Base in France c.1998 (Photo by Oliver Bonnet)

Comment

• A bit of a yellow day today on Aviafora!

SA342J HA-LFH (cn.1775) as seen at Breighton on 6th May 2013 (Photo by Simon Wilson)

Digital impression of YU-HEO

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice one Zis! 👍

• SA341G F-GKIB c/n 1008 at Aérodrome de Lognes-Emerainville on 2nd May 1992 (Photo: Paul Bannwarth)

SA341F2 ZU-RLD c/n 1659 at Stellenbosch in February 2023 (Photo: Omer Mees)

By the way, well done to all included in her recovery! Great job indeed.

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...3616#post13616

Comment

• SA341B ZB690 (WA2003) as seen at ManBart on 4th May 2023 (Photo by Craig Duffy)

Comment

• UK Gazelle Registration Update

G-CLSA Westland SA341B Gazelle AH.1 (1192) cancelled 14-Jun-2023 on export to South Africa.

Comment

• Savoia
                                Savoia commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Grazie Jos! 👍

• SA342L1 352 (2193) as seen at Paphos Airport on 30th March 2023 (Photo by Nils Berwing)

Stefano and Michele arriving with SA342M HA-HSG (3615)
                              at Sywell on 10th June 2023

Comment

• SA342M F-MMCQ (3858) as seen at Valence-Chabeuil on 17th September 1019 (Photo by Eric Bannwarth)

UK Army Gazelles Airborne Yesterday

Comment

• Zishelix
                                  Zishelix commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  XW846 is still airworthy?! 51 years in service, well one!

• Originally posted by Helipixman View Post

As per my first post it has to be G-DFKI
                                Give the man a cigar!

Nigel used to fly this one regularly and then later on G-CTFS.

Comment

• Zishelix
                                  Zishelix commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Thanks for your kind confirmation! Any chance to help us obtain some better photo of the machine from the movie set?

• SA342M OO-VDA (4038) at Knokke Heliport in Knokke-Heist, Belgium in June 2023

Flashback Friday .. on Wednesday!

SA341G c/n 1064 F-GEHA as seen in France c. 1980's

Comment

• SA341C G-CBGZ (WA1915) as seen at Lee-on-Solent on 29th December 2022 (Photo by Terry Coombes)

Comment

• SA341G G-IZEL (WA1098) as seen on 18th June 1994 (Photo by Paul Bannwarth)

Location unconfirmed.

Comment

Thanks for your kind confirmation! Any chance to help us obtain some better photo of the machine from the movie set?
                                      Sadly Nigel’s no longer with us. He had loads of photos on his phone from all of his film jobs in the Gazelle.

Comment

• Zishelix
                                        Zishelix commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I'm aware of the sad fact I was hoping maybe he shared some of his images with you.

• Savoia
                                        Savoia commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        It would interesting to know how many films Nige was involved with.
                                    Working...
                                    X