No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears YU-HEV has become somewhat popular on here now... She's still landing behind my house. I've no idea where, but I'd love to go and get some close-up shots.

Below are two pictures from yesterday.

YU-HEV - Aerospatiale Gazelle by Curtis Smith, on Flickr

YU-HEV - Aerospatiale Gazelle by Curtis Smith, on Flickr

Comment

• GazEngineer
      GazEngineer commented
      Editing a comment
      You won't see her for much longer she is coming in for a 12 year and a respray and re trim I can't wait to get my hands on her

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      GazEn .. do you know if she going to remain the same colour, or will it be something new?

• GazEngineer
      GazEngineer commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no idea as to colour yet but they want it looking as good as there former gazelle YU-HET did before it died

• LAF

Lebanese Air Force SA342L L811 (cn 1737)

Comment

• BAG Departing the Slieve Donard Hotel in County Down Northern Ireland

Comment

• Unidentified Gazelle attending a helicopter competition in France on 18th May 1980

Comment

• Now that the South African online aircraft register has (finally) been updated again, I did find the following newly registered Gazelles:

ZU-RED SA341F2 (1285); ex N285GZ, Fr.Mil; 15-Jul-2016
          ZU-RJH SA341F2 (1374); ex N374GZ, Fr.Mil; 15-Jul-2016
          ZU-RMD SA341F2 (1523); ex N523GZ, Fr.Mil; 14-Jul-2016
          ZU-RRE SA341F2 (1172); ex N172GZ, Fr.Mil; 15-Jul-2016

All are registered to Aerospatiale SA34X P/L.

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            They seem to have gone 'Gazelle mad' down there! Great stuff.

I wonder though what they are going to do when it comes to overhauling all these Astazou engines? Btw, does anyone know which model Aztazou the F2 is fitted with?

• xbdt
            xbdt commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it is the Astazou IIIC

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Grazie XB.

• 901 .. New Views

SA341G(S) N901B (cn 1410) as seen at Duxford on 2nd July 2016 (Photo: David Whitworth)

SA341G(S) N901B (cn 1410) as seen at White Waltham on 14th August 2016 (Photo: Steve Lynes)

Comment

• ZB625

QinetiQ Westland SA341D HT3 ZB625 (cn WA1905) as seen at Boscombe Down in July 2016 (Photo: Bernie)

Comment

• ZA728

Royal Marines SA341B ZA728 (cn 1797) as seen refuelling aboard HMS Albion during Exercise Aurora (Date unknown)

Comment

• ALAT GAZ

French President Jacques Chirac inspects the cockpit of an ALAT Gazelle on 24th June 2004 at Camp Olivet army camp

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia
                  Heli Days Austria, September 2016 - Will you be going?
                  I will be going !!

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great stuff. Any additional Aviaforans planning to attend please be sure to post your photos!

• French Rally driver Sébastien Loeb visits the 3rd Combat Helicopter Regiment's Reconnaissance and Attack Squadron aka Félins (cats) in his role as patron of the squadron and also gets to fly in a Gaz:

Comment

• ZB691

SA341B ZB691 (cn WA2006) as seen at Salisbury Plains Training Area on 28th January 2016 (Photo: Nick Thompson)

Comment

• N565F

SA341G N565F (cn 1182) as seen at Paris Issy-les-Moulineaux Heliport on 5th May 2004 (Photo: Pierre Boussion)

IIRC I think GazEn said that this was his favourite among the MW colour schemes.

Comment

• Rotorspot
                        Rotorspot commented
                        Editing a comment
                        All I know is that she was cancelled on 20-Aug-2013 as 'expired'. The certificate was issued on 15-Jun-2011.

• Helipixman
                        Helipixman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was told by someone involved in her sale that she went to China ???? Although I agree the trail has gone cold. She was last noted in Northern Ireland and I believe she was sold from there.

Helipixman

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grazie Jos/Elipix. Perhaps GazEn can fill-in the missing blanks?

• Gaz Down in Syria

A Syrian Air Force SA342L Gazelle was shot down yesterday (2nd September) by rebel forces while patrolling near Al-Khattab, a village to the north of Hama, a town in west-central Syria.

The aircraft's crew, Col. Mohammad Ali Habib and Major Alaa' Ahmad Dayyoub, both perished in the attack.

Col. Mohammad Ali Habib who was killed in yesterday's attack

http://luftwaffeas.blogspot.co.uk/20...n-2016-09.html

Comment

• Syrian Air Force

Major General Suheil Hassan, Commander of Syria's 'Tiger Forces', as seen with a SAF Gazelle

Comment

• XX453

SA341B XX453 (cn WA1454) as seen at RNAS Yeovilton on 1st July 2016 (Photo: Steve Tron)

Comment

• YU-HEY

SA341G(S) YU-HEY (cn 1320) as seen at Sywell Aerodrome on 28th August 2016 (Photo: Alistair Henderson)

Comment

• G-OGAZ

SA341G(S) G-OGAZ (cn 1274) as seen at Manchester Barton Airport on 22nd November 2010

The Renfrewshire-based 'Go Gaz' getting off to a smokey start in 2010!

Comment

• Just to say 'hello' after my long absence from the forum!

SA.342J s/n 1113 EC-CUA seen filming the Vuelta a España (Tour of Spain) cycle races.

Comment

• Savoia
                                  Savoia commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Welcome back amico! I feel as though I should put up the 'Welcome to Aviafora' logo!

• Zishelix
                                  Zishelix commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Indeed The fact I've had unreliable Internet access during last couple of weeks doesn't excuse my long absence from here.

• Baby X-Craft Takes to the Air

Without engine or interior!

Comment

• Does anyone have any news/info on N37UP?

All I have is this image with no accompanying details.

Comment

• quickstop
                                    quickstop commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    This is at Torrance California, I spotted this gazelle there about a year ago. Based on the size of it's huge instrument panel it would have to be one of the IFR gazelles. I have some pics I took but don't know how to post them. Based on what I saw it looked like it had been inactive for quite some time.

• Savoia
                                    Savoia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    QS, thanks for the feedback.

You can read our photo posting instructions here > http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...es-on-aviafora

• quickstop
                                    quickstop commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Here are some pictures I took of N37UP at Torrance airport about a year ago. As to it's disposition, I don't have any info, but it is no longer there.

• More 'Go Gaz'

​
                                  SA341G(S) G-OGAZ (cn 1274) as seen at Ha'penny Green in August 2012 (Photo: Simon Bridgwater)

Comment

• SA342J(S) F-GIBU (cn 1470) at Sheffield Airport in August 12th, 2007 (Photo: Peter Nichols)

Comment

• Athough we have plenty of N901B images here, it's always a pleasure to see some more pics of such nice looking machine!

One of the latest was taken at Sywell Aerodrome (EGBK) few days ago by Mr. Martin Uzzell during the 70th Light Aircraft Association Rally 2016.

Excuse me for 'sticking my nose' but was it a pilot's fuel (beer) in the box below, Steve?

Comment

• G-BZYD

SA341B G-BZYD (cn WA1648) ex-XZ329 as seen at Perth Scone Airport on 31st August 2016 (Photo: Wallace Shackleton)

Comment

• G-CBGZ

SA341C G-CBGZ (cn WA1915) as seen at Redhill Aerodrome on 1st September 2002 (Photo: Michael Haslam)

Comment

• Steve's Austrian Adventure!

Photos from Stefano's recent visit to Austria:

901 at Red Bull's 'Hangar 7' at Salzburg's Mozart Airport

Bell 47 landing at Hangar 7

The world's last airworthy Sycamore

Red Bull's 105

Steve with 901 at Heli Days Austria

901 flying the Union Jack from her main rotor tie down

Steve & co. at Austrian Heli Days 2016

901 cockpit view

Over Austria

With many thanks to Steve for these photos!

Comment

• Zishelix
                                              Zishelix commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Mmmm, Hangar 7, a 'must visit' place

• Helipixman
                                              Helipixman commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Hi Zis

I was lucky enough to visit the Red Bull collection but that was many years ago. It was in their older hangar. Great tour and photographed everything at Salzburg.

• WA.341B XW851 (s/n 1021) seen at RAF Waddington in June 26th, 199 (Photo: Steve Ryle)

According my info, this machine became the Gazelle Flying Group's G-CIEY in April last year.

Comment

• Running About in GHL

Comment

• Zishelix
                                                Zishelix commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Nice ride!

It's N888GZ (SA341F s/n 1540)

• Savoia
                                                Savoia commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Ah, thanks for the details Zis.

I am wondering whether this is Steve's 'Chinese' (not sure) friend in the US?

• Originally posted by Zishelix View Post
                                              WA.341B XW851 (s/n 1021) seen at RAF Waddington.

According my info, this machine became the Gazelle Flying Group's G-CIEY in April last year.
                                              I think someone's records are not correct. This is one of mine - a Crabtree Gazelle !!!!!

Comment

• Savoia
                                                Savoia commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Yes indeed. It would actually require a 'content index' similar to the one which was available on the old Nostlagia Thread. In the meantime if you Google the aircraft registration followed by Aviafora .. you should get some hits.

• Helipixman
                                                Helipixman commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                While there is a mention of the Gazelle Squadron. A friend has informed me that all future tours have been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. Anyone know if this is correct ? If so, a great shame for genuine Gazelle enthusiasts !

• Fene Strong
                                                Fene Strong commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Might be correct, i asked about going along a while back and didn't get a reply.
                                            Working...
                                            X