No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A peep into ALAT 3ème Régiment d'Hélicoptères de Combat (RHC) workshop at d'Etain-Rouvres AB in April 2016.

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice one Zis! I suppose that gantry can lift the entire Gaz as well? Just looks a bit spindly!

• Fene Strong
      Fene Strong commented
      Editing a comment
      Wouldn't want to try a whole aircraft with that, looks like a MRGB change with the engine support frame fitted.

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I thought it looked a bit small for that.

• SA341G F-OCRX (cn 1003) as seen Stateside in 1972 (Photo: Zishelix)

See original post.

Comment

• This bird is the same c/s as F-OCRX but I'm not sure about her ID:

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Could be the same craft given the position of the tail boom antenna, although the muffler isn't yet installed. Perhaps in France before being shipped to the US?

• Zishelix
        Zishelix commented
        Editing a comment
        A brand new machine for sure. Hard to say which one exactly because several were painted that way
        http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=1194#post1194

However, F-OCRX & CG-VIT have had red seats while the above seems black.
        http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=1931#post1931

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yes, she seems to be a different bird. In the other photo of F-OCRX she still doesn't have a muffler, so this must have been fitted after she arrived in the US. She finally became N341ER .. and I wonder what happened to her in the end?

At last! I think this might be only the second photo of 505 to be shown on the forum this year.

Btw, it looks as though Arnauld may have dipped the bottom of 505's tail in a pot of paint!

SA341G N505HA (cn 1301) as seen at Kortrijk Wevelgem Airport in Belgium on 13th October 2016 (Photo: Geert Diopere)

Comment

• md600driver
        md600driver commented
        Editing a comment
        1301 was N505HA (1022) sister ship

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie Stefano, and apologies for the confusion! Yes you are correct she is indeed 1022 and, as you say, 1301 was also a Crabtree cab.

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Have discovered the source of the anomaly - the photographer has 505 down as 1301. I have sent him a message with 505's actual number.

• You mean 1022.

Comment

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL! No, that's simply Steve's 'Yorkish' (ie. Yorkshire English) a translation of which might read .. '1301 was N505HA's sister ship'.

• XZ316

SA341B XZ316 (cn WA1599) as seen at Middle Wallop on 6th August 1977

Comment

• More XZ316 ..

XZ316 seen at Arborfield on March 20th, 2013 (Photo: Richard Woulfie)

Is she still in service?

Comment

• Fene Strong
          Fene Strong commented
          Editing a comment
          Not in service now, being at Arborfield in 2013 she may be one of the ground training aircraft now at Lyneham.

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for info, FS!

• Gazelles Over Qatar

A group of Qatari AF Gazelles flying over Doha on December 18th, 2012 during Qatar National Day ceremony (Photo: Kimo)

Comment

• SA342L 241 (cn 1854) almost certainly at Baldonnel Aerodrome c.2005

After leaving the Irish Air Corps this bird became a Crabtree Gaz (HA-LFQ) and now flies in South Africa as ZU-RZR.

Comment

• More 241 ..

SA342L 241 (cn 1854) as seen at Cork's University Hospital on 18th December 1987 (Photo: Gabriel Desmond)

241 is seen here with her underbelly in need of a lick of new paint and with her tail in need of a thoroughly good clean!

This craft was one of two Gazelles which served with the Irish Air Corps between 1979 and 2005.

I came across either 237 or 241 on several occasions during 1980 while flying the late Charlie Haughey. On one occasion one of the two had delivered him to 'The Inis' (aka Inishvickillane, one of the Blasket Islands off the coast of County Kerry) where we had already deposited his family. I only ever saw him flying alone with the driver when he travelled in these craft.

Comment

• Fene Strong
              Fene Strong commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the Info, just had a little look around the internet, quite an interesting story over how he was able to afford it on his Parliamentary wages. Most of his assets seem to have gone but the family won't sell the island.

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              This doesn't surprise me because although the family doesn't live permanently at the Inis, they always considered this their true home. Some additional comments from my time in Ireland here > http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=5065#post5065

• SA342J F-WTN?

See original post.

Bia with SA341H HA-LFL (cn 007) in 2016

Click here to see an in-flight clip of what 'I think' is G-EZEL (ex-I-ATOM, cn WA1073).

Visit Avia's FB page (click on icon below) to see other posts on the forum.

(Check out the clip of a Westjet 737 drifting away from the bridge on an icy ramp in high winds).

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
              Click here to see an in-flight clip of what 'I think' is G-EZEL (ex-I-ATOM, cn WA1073).
              ​That is certainly the owner of G-EZEL in the helicopter.

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Grazie Stefano!

• SA342L HA-LFQ (cn 1854) as seen at Breighton Aerodrome on 19th April 2009 (Photo: Malcolm Clarke)

Having shown a couple of shots of 1854 while with the IAC, here is one of her after she was bought by Steve and became a Crabtree Gaz.

Comment

• 'GMB' seen flying without her engine cowling

Comment

• BATUS Flight

Lieutenant-General Paul Wynnyk, Commander of the Canadian Army, arrives via a British Army Gazelle during his official visit to Canadian Forces Base Suffield / British Army Training Unit Suffield (BATUS) on 6th September 2016. (Photo: Master Corporal Malcolm Byers)

Comment

• Here is one of the less fortunate Gazelles which have ended-up as a firefighter's toy at Montauban Airport in southern France:

Comment

• This one is for Sav, since he like Gazelles-in-snow pics so much

SA.342L-1 E7-ABI s/n 139 in Bonsia in February 2012 during one of the many rescue missions she performed at that time.

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=4782#post4782

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grazie mille Zis, always nice to see these Bosnian birds .. especially in snow! Yes, it will soon be time to wheel out the 'Snow Gazelles'!

• Speaking of snow .. in 2014 on Gazelles for Sale Zis posted a shot of the Russian Gaz RA-1739G (which I think we may still be seeking a serial number for?) also shown in snow!

As it happens the residents of a block of flats in Moscow have recently complained about 9G's owner .. because he has parked 9G 'out in the cold' right outside the entrance to their accommodation. According to the owner it is apparently 'more convenient' for buyers to view the aircraft within the city! Some reports say he tows the craft on its trailer to prospective clients but always brings her back to 'sleep' at the apartments.

Residents however are fed up of seeing 9G being parked at their apartment block and have taken to social media with their complaints!

RA-1739G as recently seen in Moscow

Sadly 9G is not overly appreciated by the residents of the apartment block who are keen to see the back of her!

Comment

• Zishelix
                        Zishelix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Only in Russia, LOL

Btw, I wouldn't mind if someone parked a Gazelle in front of my entrance.

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ha ha .. only in Russia indeed, plus a couple of Eastern European countries I can think of .. and doubtless Italy too if we had enough Gazelles!

• Nice black paint job on that Russian Gazelle! This is an ex-UK Navy Gazelle and highly likely to be one of an original batch of three. One went to Christchurch NZ, another is in South Africa and one is mine in the UK.
                      Last edited by md600driver; 30th November 2016, 22:17.

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Grazie Steve! The bird you bought from Australia was that originally in New Zealand also?

• WA.341G (s/n 1073) G-EZEL at Chichester Goodwood in March 13th, 2004 (Photo: TZ Aviation)

Is this machine still airworthy?

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        She looked good in that scheme. The records show her CofA as being valid until March of next year. Also, in post #2231 above I shared a link to a recent video of what I thought may be G-EZEL and which was confirmed by Steve.

Link to post here > http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=6476#post6476

• Back on page 50 we were able to showcase Canada's Buffalo Airways Gazelle C-GOCA:

Buffalo Airways SA341G Aérospatiale Gazelle C-GOCA (cn 1072) as seen by the Mackenzie River, Fort Simpson, in the Northwest Territories, Canada in 1980

And now we are glad to add a fresh shot of this craft, albeit without any details of the date or location:

Buffalo Airways SA341G Aérospatiale Gazelle C-GOCA (cn 1072)

Comment

• SA341G ZU-RLU (cn 1097) as seen recently in Ceres, Western Cape Province

SA341G ZU-RLU (cn 1097) as seen recently at Bloemfontein Airport in the Free State

Comment

• Russian Gazelle info.

RA-1739G, mentioned a few posts ago, is c/n 1299, ex XX391 and ZK-HTB.

RA-1158G, c/n unknown, was cancelled from the Russian aircraft register during November 2016.

Comment

• F-GKIB

SA341G F-GKIB (cn 1008) unknown date and location

Apologies for the reflection on the photo.

Comment

• G-UZEL

SA341G G-UZEL (cn 1413) as seen at Weston Heli-Days, Weston-super-mare on 29th July 1995 (Photo: Peter Davis)

From G-UZEL this craft became HA-LFT and now flies as N341GL.

For Gaz Buyers

Be advised that F-GEHB is still for sale in France with her asking price down from €450,000 to €370,000. Check out her details on Gazelles for Sale.

SA341G F-GEHB (cn 1099) as seen in France in 2016

For Warty

Warty seems to have gone 'underground' in recent weeks but, if you're still out there Warty, some info regarding updated software for MD Design Studio's Gazelle can be found here. As it happens one of their liveries includes the last colour scheme worn by G-UZEL.

Comment

• More ZU-RLU

SA341G ZU-RLU (cn 1097) as seen at Grand Central Airport, Midrand, South Africa in 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
                              For Warty

Warty seems to have gone 'underground' in recent weeks but, if you're still out there Warty, some info regarding updated software for MD Design Studio's Gazelle can be found here. As it happens one of their liveries includes the last colour scheme worn by G-UZEL.
                              Sorry for being 'underground' rcently. I have been distracted by other things. I've had a 20% pension cut since the Brexit referendum which has focused my mind on finances - a subject that I thought was behind me!

Yes the DCS Gaz seems neat but I've not actually tried it out because it's for PC and I'm a Mac guy. Apart from that, I'm a lot more familiar with the FlightGear version as I've been involved with it's development- particularly the instruments. The liveries are not that difficult to create, once you have a decent Photoshop or similar template.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aog0ZqMbDlc

Comment

• Savoia
                                Savoia commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks for the update Warty. Sorry to hear about the pension, hopefully things will improve over the coming months. Thanks for the FlightGear update.

• New USA Gazelle

N497MM SA341F2, c/n 1384, ex ALAT 1384; 06-Dec-2016; THEODORE R WRIGHT ENTERPRISES INC

Comment

• Savoia
                                Savoia commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Grazie Jos!

I wonder how the French government are disposing of these ALAT birds, they surely can't be selling them one-by-one to private individuals? But then again it is France!

• Crabtree Gazelle SA341G(S) N901B (cn 1410)

A new shot of '901' but without any location or date details.

Comment

• THE GAZELLE 50TH COMMEMORATIVE FLY-IN

Hi Everyone,

I am organising the above event in conjunction with the Army Air Corps and Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop on Saturday 8th April 2017. We are keen to have at least 50 Gazelles at this event and I would like to invite any owners on here to come. If you would like to fly in please can you email us on gazelle50@threshold.aero so we can send you an official invite. Any owners flying in will receive a certificate and a commemorative gift specially commissioned for the event.

I am hoping to contact all owners so if anyone has any details of owners who aren't on here and don't have G reg Gazelles, if you could pass this on, that would be great.

Andy

Comment

• Zishelix
                                  Zishelix commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Andy, how about offering those Gazelle owners who'd like to attend the Fly-In but won't be able to come, to send you pics or video clips of their machines for display during the event?

• N48284
                                  N48284 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yeah, I like the concept maybe a board with a photo of as many Gazelle's still in operation.

• Zishelix
                                  Zishelix commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Correct! And beside a board of still operational machines it could be another one with a brief review of the SA.341/342 beginning. After all, it's opportunity to mark half a century of Gazelles gracing the skies! The best address for help is in your vicinity http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/index.htm

Sorry Andy, you're occupied with essential organizational problems and I bother you with trivia like photos/videos
                              Working...
                              X