Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-OGAZ Update

As expected: G-OGAZ (SA341G, c/n 1274) was cancelled from the UK aircraft register on 20-Oct-2017.

She has N71FR reserved with owner Gazelle Helicopters Ltd in the British Virgin Islands.

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done Jos, a nice confirmation of what Elipix mentioned.

I wonder if this is the first Gaz registered in the BVI?

• Rotorspot
      Rotorspot commented
      Editing a comment
      Based on the owner's address, being in Saint Thomas, it should in fact be the US Virgin Islands. Hence the US registration.

• Originally posted by Rotorspot View Post
    Based on the owner's address, being in Saint Thomas, it should in fact be the US Virgin Islands.
    Hence the US registration.
    In the interests of accuracy it will be based in BVI not US

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie Stefano!

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      I maybe wrong but I think I remember a rumour a while back, stating that the owner of onetime UK based N123TY in Hartlepool maybe getting another Gazelle abroad ? Maybe N71FR ?

• S5-HCR

Some classic footage of SA341H S5-HCR (027)

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      That turn at 30 secs ..

I wouldn't be surprised if the driver has some Italian blood in him!

• More Gazelles Join the Guernsey Register

Aviaforan Steve has recently arranged for serial no's 1392 and 1277 to join the Guernsey register.

This now brings to three the number of Gazelles on the '2' register with the first being Avia member XB's 2-WILD.

Congratulations to Stefano for arranging this. We wish the owners of 2-PJBA and 2-WMAN happy flying with their new call signs.

One of the plusses for owners wishing to retain some sense of 'connection' with the UK, is that these craft remain registered within the British Isles, specifically under the jurisdiction of the Bailiwick of Guernsey, which (mercifully) is not a member of the EU.

SA341G(S) 2-PJBA (1392) as seen at Crab Tree Farm in October 2017 ex G-BZLA (Photo: Stefano)

SA341G 2-WMAN (1277) as seen at Crab Tree Farm in October 2017 ex G-WMAN (Photo: Stefano)

AFAIK these shots were taken this month at Crab Tree Farm.

Just waiting for confirmation from Stefano.

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Ciao Jos! There is also an Agusta 109E on the Guernsey register with the designator ... 2-SEXY. Yes, really!

• Rotorspot
      Rotorspot commented
      Editing a comment
      The AW109E is a sexy machine, just like the Gazelle.

2-SEXY used to be a Bombardier Challenger 601 with the same company as the AW109E.

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      'The AW109E is a sexy machine, just like the Gazelle.'

Through the enthusiasm of Zishelix and the contributions of others on this thread, I have come to 'appreciate' the Gaz despite still having never flown her, but .. let us not get too carried away. I mean there is the 109 .. and then .. well .. there is everything else!

• SAG's

ZU-RLE in South Africa in 2017

Check out Alo News for an update on the AAC's last Alouette.

Comment

• CAT B GAZELLE MECHANIC - SAFETY MODS

Start Date: Immediate

We are looking for Cat B licensed Gazelle mechanics to support a safety mods programme that currently has two lines. The contract will last 5 months and features good rates and hours.

http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/a.../oo-ps-ss-c-cp

LOG BOOK CERTIFICATION OFFICER - GOLD ESP (GAZELLE)

Start Date: 13/11/2017

We are looking for a log officer to help bring our client's Gazelle aircraft up to date with Gold ESP. This role requires specific MOD authorisations and extensive Gold ESP experience. The contract will last 3-4 months.

http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/a...re-aeropeople/

Comment

• XX453

SA341B XX453 (cn WA1454) as seen at Salisbury Plains Training Area on 16th February 2017 (Photo: Philip Stevens)

Flying as 'Tester 05'.

Comment

• LLG (Low-Level Gaz)

S5-HCR Transportation from Italy to Ukraine 2017

S5-HCR Aboard the transporter 2017

S5-HCR Ukraine to St. Petersburg 2017

RA-05706 Airport near St. Petersburg October 2017

RA-05706 on the beach near St. Petersburg October 2017

Comment

• Zishelix
            Zishelix commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice ones, thanks Sav!

The above Low-Level Gaz could be an ALAT bird (partially visible HOT missiles guidance system)

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it could be. I thought the ALAT birds had black instrument panels though?

• An interesting diorama of International Test Pilots School's G-HTPS (Airfix 1/72 scale model kit).

For the actual bird click here.

Comment

• XZ320 at Carrickfergus Armed Forces Day in June 22nd, 2013

For more from Carrickfergus click here.

Comment

• RA-1558G Still for Sale

For more details see Gazelles for Sale.

Comment

• Zishelix
                Zishelix commented
                Editing a comment
                Do we know s/n of this machine? Some sources says it's demobbed A.L.A.T. SA341F. Anyone able to confirm this info?

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Still not sure of her serial number. She was first featured on 'Gazelles for Sale' in January last year. She now seems to be on offer through a different company.

I'm assuming she is a Soko bird (based on her panel) but I am not sure. Hopefully we will find out.

• xbdt
                xbdt commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably SOKO one. Not 341F as it has no cable cutters and not 341F panel or instruments, also not a Westland.
                Could also be a civil 341G airframe as there is no hole or patch for the weapons boom. A picture from the right side could exclude this.

• More Gazelles for South Africa

Two more Gazelles registered in South Africa, both to Paramount Aerospace Systems P/l on 28.8.17

ZU-RMT SA341B Gazelle AH.1 (1510) ex XZ296
              ZU-RMU SA341B Gazelle AH.1 (1273) ex XX383

Helipixman

Comment

• Zishelix
                Zishelix commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for info, Helipix!

Looks like Gazelles flocking to South Africa

• Rotorspot
                Rotorspot commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks.

And something to look out for. Five more (ex Ecuador ones) have been registered in South Africa recently. Will post it here as soon as all details become available.

• SA342L 12806 (033) as seen at Batajnica Airport, Serbia on 20th October 2017 (Photo: Andras Kisgergely)

SA342L 12918 (131) as seen at Batajnica Airport, Serbia on 20th October 2017 (Photo: Dejan Milinkovic)

Comment

• SA341B ZB673 (WA1966) as seen at Middle Wallop in July 2007 (Photo: Philip Stevens)

Comment

• Go Oxford!

Photo by David Fleming taken during Military Day at the Kassam Stadium in October 21st, 2017.

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oxford have a football team?

• Zishelix
                    Zishelix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can bet on that... literally.
                    https://www.oufc.co.uk/

• Fene Strong
                    Fene Strong commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oy, of course they have a football team, come on you yellows......

• Change of Owner c/n 1540 (USA)

N888GZ, SA341F2, c/n 1540, changed ownership to JAYROCK INC, WILMINGTON on 20-Oct-2017

Don't forget to check out my website for the latest worldwide rotorcraft registrations as well as access to my current and historical helicopter database!

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Grazie Jos!

• Haelo Gaz

SA342J HA-LFH (cn 1775) as seen at Church Fenton Aerodrome and the Devonshire Arms in the Yorkshire Dales in October 2017

We are very pleased to present the following award to Avia member Adriano in respect of the Haelo Gaz:

RA-05706

RA-05706 on a beach near St. Petersburg, October 2017

RA-05706 in a hangar near St. Petersburg, October 2017

Comment

• BATUS Gaz Canada October 2017

SA341G C-GSHL (1200) in the Yukon 1970's

Comment

• Haelo

The Haelo Jet being towed into her hangar at Church Fenton Aerodrome which she shares with the Haelo Gaz.
                      Adrian advises that the Haelo Jet is soon to be painted in a camo scheme matching the Haelo Gaz!

Comment

• SA341D G-ONNE (WA1089) as seen at Thruxton Aerodrome on 9th October 2017 (Photo by Michael Rice)

This ex-RAF bird (XW858) is seen here after her recent overhaul at Bourne Park.

Comment

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for posting this photo, Sav! I haven't seen G-ONNE in this livery yet.

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Really like this scheme, not many white Gazelles around.

Makes me wonder have we ever had a colour scheme design competition ?

What ever happened to the T-Shirt designs ?

Helipixman

• New in South Africa (the flock keeps growing)

ZU-RMV SA342L (1434), ex Ecuador E-352; A. von Willich; 07-Sep-2017
                        ZU-RMW SA342L (1427), ex Ecuador E-347; A. von Willich; 07-Sep-2017
                        ZU-RMX SA342L (1887), ex Ecuador E-...; J.C.Burger; 20-Sep-2017
                        ZU-RMY SA342L (5011), ex Ecuador E-371; Invicta Konstruksie CC; 20-Sep-2017
                        ZU-RMZ SA342L (1423), ex Ecuador E-344; Invicta Konstruksie CC; 20-Sep-2017

(interesting to show such wonderful news as my 100th post on this forum)

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ha ha, well done Jos and congrats on your 100th post!

Were all the Ecuadorian Gazelles 342's?

I have to say, given what South Africa is going through at present, I am 'amazed' that the Gaz has 'taken off' in the way it has. Great stuff though!

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey Jos, these are just first 100 of your many informative posts We're lucky to have you here!

• Originally posted by Rotorspot View Post

New in South Africa (the flock keeps growing)

ZU-RMV SA342L (1434), ex Ecuador E-352; A. von Willich; 07-Sep-2017
                        ZU-RMW SA342L (1427), ex Ecuador E-347; A. von Willich; 07-Sep-2017
                        ZU-RMX SA342L (1887), ex Ecuador E-...; J.C.Burger; 20-Sep-2017
                        ZU-RMY SA342L (5011), ex Ecuador E-371; Invicta Konstruksie CC; 20-Sep-2017
                        ZU-RMZ SA342L (1423), ex Ecuador E-344; Invicta Konstruksie CC; 20-Sep-2017
                        There’s one missing Jos!

Comment

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm guessing that the owner of two of the Gazelles is Anton Von Willich who already has an Alouette II and J.C. Burger has previously owned a Gazelle.

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The missing bird must be ZU-RMU given that all the other letters in this sequence are taken!

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ZU-RMU was an ex BAG c/n 1273 along with ZU-RMT c/n 1510 already mentioned owned by Paramount - registered on 28.8.17.

I found an interesting Bill of Lading for 6 x 40ft containers with helicopters inside for Mamelodi Quarries.
                          Dated 21.10.14 shipment from Guayaquil to Pretoria on a vessel called Hammonia Venetia

Helipixman

• Mr. Anton von Willich piloting his ZU-HBH during the anti-rhino poaching demonstration at Middelburg Airshow 2017.

Comment

• More Russ Gaz ..

Avia reader Mikhail has sent us this photo of his flight in one of Russia's 'Green' Gazelles!

I am awaiting the registration details.

Grazie Mikhail!

Comment

• Helipix wrote:

Really like this scheme, not many white Gazelles around.

Makes me wonder have we ever had a colour scheme design competition?

What ever happened to the T-Shirt designs?
                          White is indeed rare, and makes we wonder whether the craft may be up for sale?

We haven't had a colour scheme design competition so far, although Zis and I have toyed with various themes for specific aircraft. At one time we were looking at some possibilities for one of XB's birds based on the Begian colours.

Regarding the outcome of the T-shirt designs, we are awaiting Stefano's feedback!

Comment

• Touraine Helicoptere SA341G F-GEHA (cn 1064) flying as 'SAMU 37' as seen at St. Symphorien Airport in France on 6th October 1989

Go to original post.

Remember to 'like' our FB page!

Comment

• Cover of the brochure from 1988

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=4779#post4779

Comment

• And another one in South Africa (the missing one)

ZU-RNB SA342L (1881), ex Ecuador E-356; Anton J. Venter CC; 09-Oct-2017

Comment

• Savoia
                                  Savoia commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Great stuff Jos!

• SA342 Trim and Autopilot Tutorial

Another shot of ZU-HBH to match the photo posted above by Zis!

SA341C ZU-HBH (cn WA1418) as seen at Kitty Hawk Airfield in South Africa in 2017 (Photo: Anton Nel)

Comment

• SA.342 test flight right after C inspection, reaching maximum speed.

With thanks to to Aviaforan Miki!

Gaz Nostalgia

Gazelle world speed records.

Comment

Working...
                                  X