No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have to dig up its history before the truck arrives at destination :-)

Probably Mr Bella (Mr Cheater) also on these pictures.

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah XB, you're on form today amico!

As Zis is aware, we are currently awaiting some photos (God willing) from Charles (Bella) in the US.

This 'Rambo' modification reminds me a little of the Cessna helicopter: https://postimg.cc/image/f2sf7dlpf/

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      It's Mr. William 'Bill' Yoak on these photos XB, he did the modification http://quicksilvermustang.com/tribute-to-mr-bill/

• goose814
      goose814 commented
      Editing a comment
      In addition to this aircraft, among others as well, Bill Yoak also constructed the two Blue Thunder helicopters.

• Originally posted by N48284 View Post
    This was certainly not stored or based at Bourne Park between 2014 and 2018 as this is when i was based there.
    Time flies, but I think if you check you will find that it was.

It came from Tennessee and I went to look at it while I was in the States. I decided against buying it, but someone else did and he kept it at Bourne Park. He also has a 120 and a mil Gazelle.

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree with md600driver. I have photographs of it at Bourne Park.

• N48284
      N48284 commented
      Editing a comment
      Trust me if it had been there in that time period I’d have logged it and have photos, when did you get photos of it Helipixman?

• Sadly, attractive new livery didn't last for long... removing Tiger Meet c/s

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it would be more 'sporting' if they kept such craft in this livery from one Tiger Meet to the next.

• Air Grischa's Westland-built SA341G HB-XFW (cn WA1124) engages in load-lifting operations in the southern canton of Ticino in 1977
    (Photo: Michele Ceresa via Markus Herzig)

Go to original post.

Comment

• SA342L1 YU-HEA (cn.118) as seen in Belgrade, Serbia on 27th May 2018

Didn't Zis mention YU-HEA recently?

Comment

• ALAT Gaz

SA342's from the 5th RHC as seen in Djibouti on 23rd August 1990 during Gulf War 1

A Work in Progress

Perhaps in the Ukraine?

The rear (white) nav light seems to be an LED unit (perhaps not an Aérospatiale item?).

RA-0682G

This departure of SA342 RA-0682G is believed to have been taken just a few day ago, meaning (hopefully) that this wasn't the craft involved in the accident of 21st May

Remembering the Bandit!

The Bandit in Poland, May 2018

The Bandit patch is now available at a cost of €8

Comment

• Two UK Gazelle Cancellations

G-EZEL cancelled 24.5.18 becoming 2-GAZL registered to The Gazelle Squadron Display Team Ltd on the same day (it had been like this for a while so officially cancelled at last).

G-OLDH cancelled 18.5.18 becoming YU-HHH.

Helipixman

Comment

• N48284
            N48284 commented
            Editing a comment
            Seen on 18th April at Thruxton

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice work guys!

I wonder if the Gaz Squad will put more Gazelles onto the Guernsey register?

Andy, what 'is' that craft to the right of 2-GAZL? It looks like an Enstrom 480 with JetRanger skids!

Does anyone have an ID for the Gaz in the post above this (possibly taken in the Ukraine) is it likely to be a Soko bird?

YU-HHH doubtless has meaning to someone, but this ID doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I suppose on the airwaves she will default to 'triple hotel' but not all controllers like such terminology.

• N48284
            N48284 commented
            Editing a comment
            The Enstrom is G-ENHP, seems that 2-GAZL was a swap for The Cabri G2 G-SDTL with Bill Pitcher, so I doubt the Sqn will change them to the 2 Reg im not sure of the rules for aircraft displaying in air displays on the 2 reg?

• N58283 at Bourne Park

All images taken by friends of mine roughly between 2004 and 2008. Note the bottom picture has the engine removed. So this begs the question, if it was not at Bourne Park from approx 2014 onwards where was it ? and where was it off to on the trailer.

Helipixman

Comment

• Fene Strong
            Fene Strong commented
            Editing a comment
            Not seen those covers before, would want to be able to see the welds there really.

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Ciao FS! Is the condition of the welds part of the technical inspection on the Gaz? Is this in any way similar to the inspection of the mounts on the Scout? Because on the Scout thread I was asking why they were never painted and there was a reply explaining that this was for inspection purposes.

• Fene Strong
            Fene Strong commented
            Editing a comment
            They used to have clear lacquer over the welds so you could see if there was an issue, they were also crack tested i think every 100 hours using NDT (magnetic ink method)

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post

I wonder if the Gaz Squad will put more Gazelles onto the Guernsey register?
          2 reg only allows aircraft with a civilian type certificate 341G, 342J, 313B, 318C (all Alouette 313's and 318's were manufactured as civilian machines before being used for military purposes).

SA341B's, C's, D's, E's, F's and H's are not eligible for 2 reg as they do not have a civilian type certificate.

FYI: Another new entry on the 2 reg is 2-HAWK, an Alouette 318C cn.2068 previously HA-WKY.

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Great info Stefano, much appreciated!

• From NATO Tiger Meet .. to NATO Exercise Adriatic Strike

Montenegrin Gazelles arriving in Slovenia on 2nd June for exercise Adriatic Strike 2018

Montenegrin Gazelles providing close air support in Slovenia on 3rd June during exercise Adriatic Strike 2018

Flashback to Adriatic Strike 2016

Comment

• G-DFKI New Interior

SA341C G-DFKI (WA1216) at an unknown location (but possibly somewhere near Skegness) on 2nd June 2018 (Photo: Sean Scott)

It seems as though DFKI may be getting a new interior.

YU-HMC in Ireland

SA341G (1136) YU-HMC as seen at Waterford Airport in Ireland on 1st June 2018

Comment

• Fene Strong
              Fene Strong commented
              Editing a comment
              Control rod cover missing.

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              I think they were removing various covers for the purpose of installing a new interior.

This does beg the question though .. if the rear seat pax leans back too hard, does this affect the aircraft's attitude?

How I wish Bell would have employed this arrangement with the control rods in the 206 series instead of having the awful 'broom cupboard' (as it was known) slap bang in the middle of the centre pax's field of view.

Bell weren't the only ones, as even the early model Dauphins had a control rod tunnel just aft of the driver's seat, albeit slightly offset from centre.

• Fene Strong
              Fene Strong commented
              Editing a comment
              We had the 'Broom' cupboard on the Lynx, although it was out of the way.

• SA341H HA-LFX (cn.090) belonging to Hidroplan Nord departing Budaörs airfield

SA341D G-CBSI XZ934 (WA1736) as seen at Old Warden on 3rd June 2018 (Photo: Andrew Goldsmith)

Comment

• WA.1248 XX444/K on static display at RAF Wattisham in July 3rd, 2018 (Photo: G. Crisp)

This aircraft was demobbed in 1996 and has been preserved at Wattisham Museum since 2005. She never actually had desert c/s while in service.

Comment

• Pity such this distinctive Tiger c/s being stripped off

'Bandit Nightmare' over Poznan, Poland during NATO Tiger Meet 2018 (Photo: Piotr Wroblewski)

Comment

• Lt Milan Joksimović, Assistant Commander of Navigation in the Montenegrin Air Force speaks about Montenegro's involvement in Exercise Adriatic Strike 2018 and their specific function in providing Close Air Support

Gazelle helicopters from the Montenegrin Air Force participating in NATO’s air policing mission filmed over Montenegro in June 2018

Comment

• C-GEPX

SA341G C-GEPX (cn.1262) NFI

Is this aircraft still actively flying in Canada?

Ex G-SFTF.

Comment

• Zishelix
                      Zishelix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure is it airworthy but it's for sale http://automeilleur.ca/helico.htm

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Grazie Zis! Is this the last of the Canadian Gazelles?

• Zishelix
                      Zishelix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sadly but true... C-GEPX is the last of it's kind in Canadian register

• N341DT

N341DT as seen at Cholet Le Pontreau Airport on 2nd June 2018 (Photo: Romain Roux)

Comment

• xbdt
                      xbdt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes this was N341DT endurance test, we flew through very bad weather to get there but arrived after 300nm flight (2h30mins). We had a very nice weekend with our friends!

https://s22.postimg.cc/jaxxj9avl/345...50760448_o.jpg

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Grazie XB! Lovely to hear about this expedition - we remain so proud of the fine work you have done with 341DT.

• SA341D G-CBSI ex-XZ934 (WA1736) as seen at Old Warden on 3rd June 2018 (Photo: Dan Elms)

ZB627 and XZ934 (two ex-RAF Gazelles) at the 'Fly Navy' Day at Old Warden on 3rd June 2018

Comment

• Gaz Down Under

SA341B XX409 VH-OIX (WA1351) as seen in South Australia on 9th June 2018 (Photo: Philip Hosking)

Seen together with XZ338 VH-OIZ.

SA341B XZ338 VH-OIZ (WA1682) as seen in South Australia on 9th June 2018 (Photo: Peter Ede)

Comment

• G-LOYD

SA341G Gazelle c/n 1289 previously G-SFTC and N47298.

Owned by an Aviafora member, just wonder if this is in storage or soon to make a re-appearance ?

Seen after its heavy landing at Marehay, Ripley, Derbyshire on 15.2.89 (Owned at the time by Apollo Manufacturing)

Seen here after rebuild and repaint at Helitech, Duxford 2005

All photos Helipixman collection.

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lovely shots Elipix!

Any clue as to where the top shot was taken?

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think it was Nottingham Tollerton, that was one of its bases when owned by Ian Lloyd.

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Grazie Elipix!

• Here is a shot of a Gazelle on rebuild not sure if this is also G-LOYD ? Looks like its in the same building though.

Maybe the current owner will know ?

Helipixman
                        Last edited by Helipixman; 11th June 2018, 21:09.

Comment

• Helipixman
                          Helipixman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Doubt it would be Bourne Park the accident happened in 1989. Well before they were involved with Gazelles.

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Indeed, I failed to read your comments properly, my bad.

Thruxton perhaps?

• md600driver
                          md600driver commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not sure where that is but if it is G-LOYD then this was several years before I bought her.
                          Steve

• Unidentified Gazelle, recently repainted, as seen at Grand Central Airport in South Africa on 5th June 2018

RA-1314G as seen in Sochi, Russia in May 2018

YU-HHH at Stapleford

Comment

• ZU-RTB & HA-LFK

ZU-RTB at Pont de Val in Parys, South Africa

HA-LFK at an unknown location

Comment

• Oh yes, rotorwake boarding here we come!

SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) providing rotorwake boarding services in Abkhazia in June 2018

Comment

• xbdt
                              xbdt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You cannot compare the underpowered 206 with the gazelle; the gaz would simply lift the boat out of the water with no problem! :-) Anyway, lifting, towing and pulling with a helicopter remains a risky business.

• Zishelix
                              Zishelix commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You're right XB, it depends on the machine and pilot's skills. Posting this link with no intention to encourage our Russian friends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oop8FdjM5vQ

• Helipixman
                              Helipixman commented
                              Editing a comment
                              So many accidents happen this way. Lifting being another one. Only yesterday a fatal accident happened in North Uist Scotland. A PLM Dollar Group AS350B Squirrel was working at a fish farm and ditched in a loch. The cause has not been reported as yet maybe lifting at the time ? Condolences to all involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44468318

Helipixman

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post

HA-LFK at an unknown location
                            This is at the Hidroplan hangar in Hungary.

Comment

• SA341B G-ZZEL (WA1152) as seen at RAF Cosford on 10th June 2018 (Photo:Craig Martin)

From the Turbine Meeting in Freudenberg, Germany on 2-3 June 2018

Comment

• SA341G(S) YU-HVZ (cn.1295) as seen in the Netherlands on 12th June 2018 (Photo: Jimmy van Drunen)

In company with EC130 OO-SUZ

Jimmy at work in the R44 photoship PH-HGD

Comment

• RA-1314G

RA-1314G (aka satan's Gazelle) as seen in Sochi, Russia in May 2018

BAG in Cyprus

SA341B ZB665 (cn WA1932)​ on UN duties over Cyprus on 17th November 1990

Comment

• 'Gertrude' at Booker

SA341G YU-HES (cn.1057) as seen at Booker Airfield on 14th June 2018 (Photo: Brian Nichols)

This is a reminder that helicopters were designed to land 'everywhere' or else we may just as well buy a plank and use airports, or forget helicoptering altogether and simply drive. However, there are always those who need reminding, or perhaps even initial explaining, of the fundamental characteristic of helicopters to land wherever possible. It's why people buy them and charter them and operate them!

Bosnian Miscellaneous

This may be ex YU-HFL (cn.060) seen in June 2018 possibly in Bosnia

This craft may now be on the 'E7' register.

An ​Astazou 14M in for service

Comment

• More Black Pete ..

SA341G(S) YU-HVZ (cn.1295) as seen Lübeck-Blankensee Airport in Germany on 6th June 2018 (Photos: Matthias Krutzina)

Comment

Working...
                                    X