No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA341C G-IBNH (cn.1033) as seen recently with a bear-like dog!

Can anyone confirm the breed of dog in the above shot? Some sort or Terrier?

Request to Gaz owners .. if you have a Gazelle and a dog .. please consider sending us a picture including them both. We (and our readers) would be much obliged! You can email your photos to .. aviafora1@gmail.com

Comment

• SA341G G-BLAO (cn.1097) landing in Herzliya, in the northern part of Tel Aviv, in Israel c. 1988

Go to original post.

Also, some Gaz footage (without sound) from 1980:

Comment

• SA341H HA-LFL (cn.007) as seen Budaörs Airfield in Hungary on 1st September 2018

Lebanese Air Force Gazelle September 2018

SA342 SAFGaz as seen at Vojni Aerodrom Niš

BATUS Gaz in 2018

Will we seen an Avia member sponsored BATUS Gaz? Word is that it 'may' happen!

Comment

• Storm Clouds Pick of the Week

Comment

• 709 in Bratsk yesterday morning 16th September, getting ready for a special 'agricultural' mission

Avia member Kirill collecting mushrooms yesterday (16th September) with 709, approx. 70 kms to the east of Bratsk in Russia not far from the banks of the Angara River

"My, what big mushrooms you have" said the mother bear!

709 back at her home hangar on the evening of 16th September 2018 after her mushroom collecting expedition

Below: Avia member Kirill with 709 in Ust-Ilimsk near the Angara River in Russia

G-VOIP

SA341D G-VOIP (WA1792) as seen at Biggin Hill on 13th September 2018 (Photo by Andy Patsalides)

Avia Stats

Hmm ...

I'm assuming our forum software has finally hit the wall .. because when I submitted the above post the visitor count was showing 265 visitors (see the screen shot below).

We are just a little group of enthusiasts with a slender scope of interest trying to mind our own business and hopefully steer clear of the sniping and muck-slinging which is to be found elsewhere. Based on this, the visitor numbers don't make much sense.

I am sure however that things will soon return to normal!

Comment

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah so, thanks for explanation Kirill. I can imagine it's recommendable to have some 'good argument' in hands when meeting Siberian woods inhabitants

By the way, what's those bulbs which could be seen under rear skid legs on your Gazelle?
              Last edited by Zishelix; 17th September 2018, 20:23.

• Atom Legend
              Atom Legend commented
              Editing a comment
              We have installed additional taxiing light, very bright, allows you to be identified in poor visibility and well repels birds on takeoff and landing....http://www.aviatuning.com/product_info/61/

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting. Thnx for your kind clarification!

• G-ZZEL as seen at Weston-super-Mare in Jun 23rd, 2018 (Photo: Kev Slade)

Comment

• South Africa

Unidentified Gazelle as seen at Grand Central Airport in South Africa

Serbia

Serbian 'Gazellers' in 2018

Comment

• SA341B ZA772 (WA1814) from 665 Squadron seen arriving at RAF Fairford on 12th July 2018 for RIAT

Below: The same craft departing RIAT on 16th July 2018

Comment

• The same Gazelle photographed few days later (July 16th) at Fairford by Mr Xiaoyu Yan

The sticker moved on the tail fin

Seeing as we talk about army Gazelles, there is a copper etching of an army Gazelle available now on ebay for about £20.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253784071649

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice!

• SA341F2 ZU-RLD (cn.1659) as seen at ALM Tractor World in Sasolburg, South Africa in September 2018

SA341F2 ZU-RLD (cn.1659) as seen at Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge in Pilanesberg, South Africa in September 2018

SA341F ZU-RLE (cn.1678) as seen at Ermelo Airfield in South Africa on 9th April 2018 (Photo by Jarryd Sinovich)

Comment

• SA342L 241 (cn.1854) as seen at Baldonnel's Casement Aerodrome in December 2005 (Photo by Frank Grealish)

Comment

• Sad But True

It is sad that the relative peace and stability enjoyed across much of Europe since the end of WW2 is now at and end? And is this true? The answer to both is yes.

Don't be an 'ostrich', don't deny what is taking place, but instead become informed and be prepared.

We live in an age where to fail to do so will expose us and our loved ones to risk.

My advice?

1). Make peace with God. Europe was founded on the principles of Christianity (do the research) and has been much blessed because of this, but she has wandered far from this path and we now suffer the consequences. If you have issues with the church, then forget the church, because the church (at present and for the most part) is deeply compromised and in its larger manifestations has become too political. Just turn to God directly. Pray, read the Bible, teach your family to do the same.

2). Diligently consider where you live and the type of work you do and make a 'risk assessment' which includes the fundamental questions: a). Is my domicile in a location or region which is exposed to high risk? b). Does my work/business offer any immunity from economic downturn or substantial changes in purchasing trends/priorities?

3). Prepare yourself and your family physically.

With regard to No.3, and seeing as this is something I have never mentioned before, I wish to recommend Krav Maga:

Krav Maga UK — Krav Maga Italia — Krav Maga Belgique — Krav Maga International

Yes, its sad that one needs to consider these things, but by doing so you could end up saving your family and others.

Sound dramatic? Sure it does, and I accept that many will laugh this off as nonsense. No problem, if that concerned me, believe me I wouldn't post such things. I too discounted these warnings in years past, so I know how 'silly' it can sound.

So why write these things?

Oh, that is easy to answer. For the sake of the few who sense or believe that there is a threat to our society, who recognise that this threat grows by the day, and for whom doing nothing is not an option. It is for these that I share what I know to be true.

We must never be afraid, but we should be prepared.

Comment

• Savoia
                        Savoia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes indeed, only trouble is in Western Europe the over-reaching arm of the government has placed too many restrictions on the personal ownership of firearms. But seeing as we are talking weapons, my personal preferences are MRI's .50 calibre Desert Eagle for a handgun and Beretta's ARX200 for an assault rifle.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AjAcff0PiA
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB8CQhrsqNE
                        Also, if you like classic weapons, you may enjoy this .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVEi11KgTCQ

• Rotorspot
                        Rotorspot commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Come on, guys. Where is this heading to? This discussion has nothing to do with Gazelles nor with aviation. The AviaFora rules state:

Aviafora is a meeting place for aviation professionals. Membership requires keeping to our rules, which are generally as follows:
                        •Please always be courteous in your conversations. We would like to uphold the principles of Airmanship.
                        •Please refrain from posting offensive material or language. This refers to anything which may cause offence, racially or sexually, or in any other way, and includes a prohibition on the use of sexually explicit material (words, images or videos) as well as potentially demeaning and or racist remarks or material.

Although I very much like the Gazelle contents, this makes me seriously re-consider my membership.

• Zishelix
                        Zishelix commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You're right Jos, my apologize... We should keep this thread on Gazelles.

• N565F

SA341G N565F (cn.1182) as seen at Narvik Framnes Airport in Norway on 23rd June 2004 (Photo by Tom Strøm)

Comment

• Nice one!

Is it too early for a 'Snow Gazelle'?

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, technically it is a little early, but always a pleasure to see!

• Renault 21 vs 4 Polizei NRW Gazelles

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Comment

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think Sav may have posted this some time ago, but it's always good to see!

Quite convincingly filmed. Well done! If there's no those part of 4 Gazelles flying under the overpass I'd say it's real

• Ecuadorean Gazelles

Comment

• I-PTEC start and depart from Aeroporto di Sassuolo in Modena
                          Avia member Piero has written to me this morning recommending the restaurant at Sassuolo Aero Club!

Meanwhile, Avia member Jed A1 has writen:

In 1966 Aerospatiale engaged on a program of simplifying their helicopter design and production. They adopted light aircraft structural techniques and & value engineering!

A variety of car parts such as filters , radiators, fans etc. we're utilized mainly on their new product the squirrel. So much so that the squirrel's oil cooler is from a Citroen GS along with its fan.

Ultimately this all led to the Squirrel having 50% less parts than its predecessors. Innovations like the starflex rotorhead etc. are all a result of this program.

So it's no surprise that handles and other components made their way into other designs. It would be interesting to know what other car parts are on various machines.
                          Go to Jed A1's post.

3/3 Squadron 'Les Félins' 342 runway 'V' formation as seen in September 2018

Comment

• QinetiQ's ZB625

Comment

• SA342 Gazelle Viviane 'GBJ' following a Chinook during a training flight in July 2018

New Gaz shirt from 3eRHC
                              These new Gaz polo shirts are available here at what is known as a 'special French price'.

Gaz patches from 3eRHC

Gaz tails at RAF Fairford

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
                                These new Gaz polo shirts are available at what is known as a 'special French price'.
                                That’s a very special price for a tee-shirt. For that price it should have a Polo or Ralph Lauren logo on it!

Comment

• Savoia
                                  Savoia commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Quite, and possibly offered with a complimentary bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape!

• SA341G(S) N901B (cn.1410) as seen at Breighton Aerodrome on 23rd September 2018 (Photo by Andrew Wilson)

Stefano (possibly with young Michael aboard) at 'Crabtree Aerodrome' this past weekend.

Comment

• SA341B ZB677 (WA1978) as seen at Calgary Springbank Airport in Canada on 1st September 2013 (Photo by Mike MacKinnon)

From 29 BATUS Flight.

Comment

• Key chain for a Gazelle owner

Comment

• New SA342M on UK Register / G-CLBC

SA342M Gazelle
                                      C/N: 1615
                                      P/I: Alat 3615

Registered to a member of Aviafora on 26.9.18

Comment

• Zishelix
                                        Zishelix commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Many happy & safe flight hours! We look forward to see some pic of G-CLBC here

Thanks for info, Helipix.

• Savoia
                                        Savoia commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Another entry for Crabtree stables, great stuff!

I wonder how many 342M's are resident in the UK?

• Another photo of SA341G F-WTNA flyng over London in 1972 to compliment the one shown in the post below:

See post #1082

Comment

• Savoia
                                        Savoia commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Very nice Zis!

• Some shots from Crab Tree Farm as well as the latest edition to the stable.

SA341G(S) 2-PJBA (1392) at Crab Tree Farm

SA341G 2-WMAN (1277) at Crab Tree Farm

SA341H HA-PPY (021)
                                      News is that 'HA-PPY', the 'reluctant Police Gazelle' is now back in the UK!

SA342M GJH (1615)

The latest edition to the Crabtree stable and quite possibly the only 342M in the UK.
                                      With our thanks to Stefano for these shots!

Comment

• SA341G(S) YU-HEY (cn.1320) as seen at Lee-on-Solent on 30th September 2018 (Photo by Richard Davies)

Comment

• Lebanese Air Force SA342L L813 (cn.1759) as seen in Lebanon on 30th September 2018 (Photo by Francois el Bacha)

This craft seems to have had new perspex fitted. The HOT missile carriers also seem new.

Comment

• Zishelix
                                            Zishelix commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Interesting photo!

• Savoia
                                            Savoia commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            I'm trying to remember if Lebanon received a 'new' batch of Gazelles within the past year, I seem to remember reading something along those lines.

• 'Retired' SA341F 1642/DRD at Valence in July 23rd, 2018. (Photo: Sylvain Gourheu)

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
                                            Another entry for Crabtree stables, great stuff!

I wonder how many 342M's are resident in the UK?

This is the first and only one at the moment, in GB or in any European country, apart from the French military of course.
                                            There’s 1 in USA I believe these are the only 2 in the world

Although someone may know different
                                            Last edited by md600driver; 2nd October 2018, 23:25.

Comment

• Savoia
                                              Savoia commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Bravo Stefano, another milestone for Crabtree Gazelles!
                                          Working...
                                          X