SA342M Gazelle
    C/N: 1615
    P/I: Alat 3615

Registered to a member of Aviafora on 26.9.18

Comment

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      Many happy & safe flight hours! We look forward to see some pic of G-CLBC here

Thanks for info, Helipix.

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Another entry for Crabtree stables, great stuff!

I wonder how many 342M's are resident in the UK?

• Another photo of SA341G F-WTNA flyng over London in 1972 to compliment the one shown in the post below:

See post #1082

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice Zis!

• Some shots from Crab Tree Farm as well as the latest edition to the stable.

SA341G(S) 2-PJBA (1392) at Crab Tree Farm

SA341G 2-WMAN (1277) at Crab Tree Farm

SA341H HA-PPY (021)
    News is that 'HA-PPY', the 'reluctant Police Gazelle' is now back in the UK!

SA342M GJH (1615)

The latest edition to the Crabtree stable and quite possibly the only 342M in the UK.
    With our thanks to Stefano for these shots!

Comment

• SA341G(S) YU-HEY (cn.1320) as seen at Lee-on-Solent on 30th September 2018 (Photo by Richard Davies)

Comment

• Lebanese Air Force SA342L L813 (cn.1759) as seen in Lebanon on 30th September 2018 (Photo by Francois el Bacha)

This craft seems to have had new perspex fitted. The HOT missile carriers also seem new.

Comment

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting photo!

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm trying to remember if Lebanon received a 'new' batch of Gazelles within the past year, I seem to remember reading something along those lines.

• 'Retired' SA341F 1642/DRD at Valence in July 23rd, 2018. (Photo: Sylvain Gourheu)

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
          Another entry for Crabtree stables, great stuff!

I wonder how many 342M's are resident in the UK?

This is the first and only one at the moment, in GB or in any European country, apart from the French military of course.
          There’s 1 in USA I believe these are the only 2 in the world

Although someone may know different
          Last edited by md600driver; 2nd October 2018, 22:25.

Comment

• Savoia
            Savoia commented
            Editing a comment
            Bravo Stefano, another milestone for Crabtree Gazelles!

• Unique Crabtree Gazelle Confirmed

As previously mentioned on Shrieking Gazelles, the Crabtree Gazelle stable has recently taken delivery of an SA342M (cn.1615). This is now confirmed as being the only privately owned SA342M in Europe, and is thought to be one of only two privately owned examples in the world.
          Our congratulations to Avia member Stefano.

Staying with the Crabtree stable ..

SA341G(S) N901B (cn.1410) as seen at Sywell on 31st August 2018

SA341F ZU-RIH (cn.1175) as seen at Wonderboom Airport in South Africa on 23rd September 2018 (Photo by Sebastian Sowa)

If we have any Avia members or readers with an interest in South Africa, then please do 'your bit' for those currently in need and share the word of what is happening with as many as possible.

Thank you.

Comment

• SA342J(S) F-HGUN (cn.1058) as seen 'somewhere' in France. Now flying as N342ET NFI

While not perhaps not instantly obvious, there is in fact a JetRanger parked behind HGUN.

More 901 ..

SA341G(S) N901B (cn.1410) as seen at Breighton Aerodrome on 23rd September 2018

Another take on 901's recent visit to Crabtree Aerodrome!

Click here to read ZU-RLE's accident report.

Comment

• SA342M 3615/BWA at Nancy-Essey Airport in October 19th, 2004. Photo by Jerome Mervelet.

Now owned by an Aviaforan and the first (and only) SA342M registered in the UK!

Comment

• Lambair Gazelle CG-VIT (cn.1137) lifting company Cessna 180 CF-UGI in Manitoba, Canada in the 1970's
                (Photo courtesy of the Lamb Family Archives)

Go to original post.

Comment

• SA341F s/n 1467 with intermediate registration N1467G before it become ZU-RNE. Photo taken at Pretoria Wonderboom Airport in October 9th, 2013 by Joe Evans.

Comment

• SA341H 12721 (cn.100) as seen at NiÅ¡ Constantine Airport in Serbia on 14th October 2013

SA341C G-DFKI (WA1216) as 'possibly' seen at her home helipad c. June 2018

SA341G(S) N901B (cn.1410) as seen at Breighton Aerodrome on 23rd September 2018 (Photo by Graeme Lovell)

Comment

• These toys getting better everyday!

Comment

• RAF Shawbury Gazelle patch

and a French one

Comment

• Nice shot of XZ393 over Salisbury Plain in June 23th, 2014 (Photo: Chris Lofting)

Comment

• YU-HOT

SA341G(S) YU-HOT (cn.1390) at Belgrade Airport in Serbia on 7th October 2018

It's actually quite are to see a Serbian civilian registered Gazelle in Serbia!

YU-HOT Departing Belgrade Airport:

Rudder control, rudder control, rudder control .. please !!!

Comment

• New South African Gazelle

After having enjoyed my holiday, it is time to get back to business as usual.

I noticed that G-CLBC has been mentioned already, and my congrats for that acquisition.

But this one, new in South Africa, has not:

ZU-RZM Soko SA341G, c/n 022, ex HA-LFO; registered 21-Sep-2018 to Freightway Logistics P/L

Comment

• Zishelix
                                Zishelix commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks for info, Jos! Welcome back

• Savoia
                                Savoia commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Well back Jos, a well deserved break I'm sure!

Is this the first Soko Gaz in SA?

• Rotorspot
                                Rotorspot commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yes, it is the one and only SOKO Gaz in SA.

• G-CBGZ departing the Gazelle 50th Commemorative Fly-in at Middle Wallop in April 8th, 2017 (Photo: Paul Langshaw)

Comment

• G-IBNH (s/n 1033) at Compton Abbas in October 14th, 2012. (Photo: Mark Empson)

Another one nice pic of the same machine here

Comment

• N552T

Cannot remember seeing this before, it changed it's registered owner on 26.7.18 to GA Flying LLC, Montana.

Helipixman

Comment

• SA341C G-BZDV (WA1150) as seen in mid-September 2018 prior to launching for the Southampton Boat Show

SA341C G-CBGZ (WA1915) as seen at an unknown location in 2009

SA341F2 ZU-RNE (cn.1467) as seen at Wonderboom Airport in South Africa

SA341B XZ315 (WA1596) as seen at Middle Wallop in July 1982

XZ315 seen wearing Aussie roundels, probably for a helicopter competition.

Comment

• Helipixman
                                    Helipixman commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Dennis K will know but I think the Enstrom behind it is G-PALS ?

• Savoia
                                    Savoia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Yes, Denissimo would know, but I can also confirm that this is PALS.

• The very clean looking Australian based Gazelle, ex-British Army XX409 which you can see here, is now for sale.

The situation I mentioned about here of a Gazelle flying under a bridge in St. Petersburg, has been resolved with a fine of about $2000 for the pilot which you can read here.

I-OLLY

Not many pics of I-OLLY overall white painted can be found, but here is one:

I believe Sav will help us about this article.

Speaking of I-regd Gazelles, anyone able to direct me where to look for I-ATOM WA341G photo(s)?

Comment

• Savoia
                                    Savoia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Thank you for helping with the 'Gaz News'.

I do have one more shot of I-OLLY in all white when she was wearing EliDolomiti titles. Regarding I-ATOM I have been unable to obtain anything yet.

The article speaks of the terrible accident involving I-OLLY in 2001, more of which one can read about from earlier in the thread: http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...?p=845#post845

• SA341F2 N1198G (cn.1198) as seen at Simenstad Municipal Airport in Wisconsin on 8th September 2018 (Photo by Jeremy Dando)

SA341B as seen at Middle Wallop in July 1982 (Photo by Stuart Mitchell)

Zis, you are pretty good at this sort of thing, do you recall a post a while back (I can't remember if it was me or you) which showed a Gaz at Wallop fitted with a camera? I'm sure the bird above is the same craft, but I can't seem put a finger on it at present, as I am trying to identify the registration. Can you assist?

Comment

• Zishelix
                                    Zishelix commented
                                    Editing a comment

• Savoia
                                    Savoia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Well done Zis! You are very good at fishing-out info from past posts, bravo, for she is indeed XW847! I wouldn't have found it because I thought that post was from a few months back when in fact it is from last November, but there we are.

• Zishelix
                                    Zishelix commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Indeed, time flies when you're having fun

• G-GAZA waits for a Gyroplane to depart Middle Wallop in April 9th, 2017 (Photo: WhirlyBirdPhotos)

Comment

• Savoia
                                    Savoia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Nice one!

I sometimes wonder why autogyros are not more popular (although I understand that in the UK their numbers are rising) for they seem to be fairly fuel-efficient and require only a very short take-off area. It would be nice to see some bespoke 'autogyro' strips instead of seeing them always flying from airfields and which to me defeats one of their primary advantages.

• Autogyros popularity in the UK does seem to be rising. This may be due to the fact it is possible to buy them with an enclosed cockpit. This must make it feel more like a helicopter at a fraction of the cost. Personally I would feel uneasy flying in anything open to the elements. I remember flying in a Jetranger with all doors off for a para jump - could not wait to be back on the ground.

Helipixman

Comment

• Savoia
                                    Savoia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Autogyros are easier to store than micolights and possibly more enjoyable to fly, certainly greater visibility. The only thing they might not be so good for is flying in formation with geese!

There are now several attractive enclosed-cockpit gyros, so let's see what happens.

• SA341G D-HARI (cn.1019) as seen in the Gulf of Mexico in the 1980's

Go to original post.

Comment

• How the Fenestron Works

Comment

• Air-to-Air Extravaganza!

SA341B (WA1152) G-ZZEL as seen in April 2018 (Photo by Simon Hackett)

I don't have a location for this shot, but taking a complete stab-in-the-dark, and based on memories from my time in the UK, it 'could' be north of Redhill (southbound) with the M23 to port .. and it might also be somewhere completely different!

SA341G N700SH (cn.1154) as seen at Zomergem in Belgium (Photo by Tom Buysse)

Not sure on the date for this shot, but hoping XB may be able to assist.

SA341G(S) YU-HVZ (cn.1295) as seen in Belgium on 12th June 2018 (Jimmy van Drunen)

We did already post some air-to-air's of HVZ from this sortie, although this particular shot has not been posted until now.

Comment

• KurtLefebre
                                        KurtLefebre commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Air to Air (N341AS-N700SH) picture taken by Tom Buysse on a return flight from Semmerzake (Belga radar) to EBZM 26 June 2015

• Savoia
                                        Savoia commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Grazie millie Kurt, much appreciated!

Please let us know if you have any more recent photos of the 'Kurtcraft'.

• N341AS 'New Look'

Today I am pleased to present a newly repainted N341AS. Tail number markings and interior finishing will be done next week.

Comment

• Zishelix
                                        Zishelix commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Nice modern livery... although I prefer those vintage one it had.

I hope XB will consider to remain at least those genuine 'Gazelle' inscript on the tail

• Helipixman
                                        Helipixman commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Xbdt

I personally think this is a wonderful scheme and very classy. All over black with a hint of silver grey and I'm glad there is no sunburst on the tail... too many like that. New ideas for schemes are always welcome. Keep the fresh ideas coming

• xbdt
                                        xbdt commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Thank you Helipixman, it is in fact dark blue (bmw monaco blue and the grey is Lotus carbon grey I think it was).
                                        The fenestron tunnel is also painted grey. The tail number and some other details are now in the same grey also. (I will post some pictures next time when I'll put her outside).
                                    Working...
                                    X