No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA341G YU-HHS (WA1067) as seen at Wellesbourne Airfield (Photo by Graeme Lovell)

SA341C G-SIVJ (WA2012) as seen at Ha'penny Green on 16th July 2012

Per Nosco!

SA341G G-SFTH (cn.1155) as seen at Thruxton in 1988

HA-PPY in Hungary in 2015 / HA-LFX & PPY from 3 mins

Do you suppose HA-PPY is still wearing the same black and yellow colours?

Elipix, do you know what Griffair were using YU-HDL for?

Also, I suppose the Soko Gazelles need a similar export certificate such as is required for ex-MOD and ex-ALAT Gazelles in respect of transferring an ex-mil aircraft from one country to another?

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      YU-HDL have no idea on usage. Private perhaps? Would it be allowed to do commercial work in the UK?

HA-PPY I think it is still black and yellow.

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      '๐™’๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™š ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™™๐™ค ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ข๐™š๐™ง๐™˜๐™ž๐™–๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™  ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™†?' โ€” Negatory.

'๐™„ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™  ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™ก๐™–๐™˜๐™  ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ.' โ€” Okay grazie Elipix.

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
    '๐—œ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น๐—ผ๐˜„.' โ€” Okay grazie Elipix.

Black and yellow for sure.

Comment

• SA342M F-MGEA (cn.2205) as seen at Aรฉroport de Valence-Chabeuil on 7th January 2021 (Photo by Romain Roux)

SA341B G-KEMH (WA1284) as seen at Redhill on 13th January 2021

KEMH is currently at Redhill receiving some re-touching to her paintwork.

Above and below: Avia member Kirill with SA341B RA-05709 (WA1184) at Mostovoy Airfield in Bratsk, Russia

Comment

• SA342M F-MAUK (cn.3617) as seen over Germany, date uncertain

So, this is the time of year when I typically encounter withdrawal symptoms from the cessation of our daily Snow Gazelles however, two Avia members have perked me up with some new Snow Gaz photos; firstly from Russia (which we saw yesterday courtesy of Kirill) and now today Avia stalwart Stefano is treating us to some lovely shots of the RainbowStar Warrior flanked by a new addition to Crabtree's groundcrew in the form of seven-month-old Heli-Dog 'Nigel' who's mother's name is actually 'Heli'. Heli-Dog Nigel, is as you may suspect, named after Avia member Nigel. RIP

The joy continues with post-Christmas Snow Gazelles .. what a treat!

SA341B G-CDNO (WA1385) with Gaz Dog, Heli-Dog and Snow Dog 'Nigel' as seen at Crab Tree Farm on 14th January 2021
        (Photos courtesy of Stefano)

And yes, I have renamed the RainbowStar Gaz the 'RainbowStar Warrior' in celebration of these photos, also as an act of solidarity with her stablemate (and therefore sister ship) the Crabtree Warrior, while also giving a nod to her military service .. and while we are at it, we may just as well include recognition of the similarly-named Greenpeace vessel which sometimes has a 500 sitting on her stern!

Enjoy Heli-Dogs? So does Sav .. see more here.

Comment

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely images of G-CDNO, thanks for sharing! Well done Steve

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Grazie mille Fabrizio! ๐Ÿ‘

Btw, do you have this shot of SA330B F-MCMU in Djibouti in 1993? > https://postimg.cc/Wt9b8tH5

• Fabrice
          Fabrice commented
          Editing a comment
          Not this one specifically, but some other shots rather similar. Noteworthy is, on the aftground, one the AS 332M just delivered to the ALAT: it might have been present in Djibuti at that time for hot weather trials, I guess.
      Working...
      X