Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gazelle Down North America

SA342J (cn.1708) N342J owned by Steve Hamilton crashed yesterday 21st June 2020 just after midday at Minden-Tahoe Airport in Nevada with two persons on board.

The helicopter was destroyed by a post-crash fire. The two persons on board evidently escaped without injury (we thank God for this).

We are awaiting further details relating to this accident.

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      This was the second 'helicopter accident miracle' of the weekend the other being a Scoiattolo in Italia on Saturday .. also with two POB.

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      An excellent machine lost but two incomparably more valuable human lives saved. Thank God for the result, especially when see these horrible pics from the site.

• SA342J (cn.1708) N342J owned by Steve Hamilton crashed yesterday 21st June 2020 just after midday at Minden-Tahoe Airport in Nevada with two persons on board.

Online sources are stating that this Gazelle was owned by Steve Hamilton but unless it was painted differently than I remember (ie. the tail having an 'MW' starburst) it could be a different aircraft.

Comment

• xbdt
      xbdt commented
      Editing a comment
      It is N342J cn. 1708.

• xbdt
      xbdt commented
      Editing a comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      Another sad day for Gazelles - glad all OK .

Agree N342J owned by Steven T Hamilton, who's registered address is Reno.

• Remembering 1708

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=2541#post2541

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      She was a nice Gaz for sue and IIRC from what Stefano shared in times past, this was the one with the expensive motor.

Despite the fact that I have seen this repeatedly throughout my life, I still get surprised by how thoroughly the heat melts most of the fuselage, and yet I am aware as to just how easily aluminium melts when heated!

All very sad, but as we've mentioned .. great joy that those on board literally walked away.

• RA-0682G Takes to the Skies Again

Russian Gazelle RA-0682G has taken to the skies once again after her time in confinement following her bridge flying mission!

Russian Gazelle RA-0682G (aka RA-682) as seen in St. Petersburg on 20th June 2020

RA-0682G roll out in St. Petersburg on 20th June 2020

RA-0682G sunset flight near St. Petersburg on 20th June 2020

SA341F2 ZU-RNV (cn.1608) departing Wonderboom in South Africa on 21st June 2020
    (Video courtesy of Avia member Jean-Pierre)

SA342M 3eRHC at sunset NFI

Bosni Gaz

Bosnian Gaz NFI

Zis, can you assist with a little more info on this bird?

SA341B XZ316 (WA1599) from 666 Squadron over Stonehenge (Photo by Geoff Parselle)

So the AAC posted this photo on Saturday to 'mark' the summer solstice and to which I remarked: "Summer soltice, Stonehenge, 666 Squadron! A bit too much paganism for me!"

Elipix, didn't this bird become a Crabtree Gaz?

ZB691

SA341B ZB691 (WA2006) as seen arriving at Birmingham Airport on 22nd June 2020 (Photos by Anthony Fogarty)

This BAG was seen arriving at Birmingham yesterday evening inbound for fuel.

Remember .. the days of seeing active BAG's are coming to a close!

Per Paolo/For Elipix G-BAGL

Elipix, the Avia member who worked on G-BAGL when she was assembled says:

While I am not entirely certain, what I can say is that this being a civilian aircraft the notice on the port side may relate to the fire extinguisher located next to the co-pilot's feet, hence the position of the notice and the reason it is only on the port side. As I say, I am not totally sure, but it is a possibility.

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct it will not be long before there are no BAGs operating in the UK. In fact most of the operational Gazelles are either in Northern Ireland or Suffield, Canada so it's already rare to see them flying in England, Scotland and Wales.

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
    Bosnian Gaz NFI

Zis, can you assist with a little more info on this bird?
    Sure, it's HN-45M c/n 150

Comment

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it's still in Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

• Rotorspot
      Rotorspot commented
      Editing a comment
      According to the Scramble military database c/n 150 belongs to serial A-2301. Initially, c/n 150 had serial A-2806 allocated, but that was never taken up. Zis, is it possible that you are mixing up A-2306 and A-2806?

Scramble has no info regarding A-2306. Unless of course, A-2301 has become A-2306.

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check once again and let you know.

• New Crabtree Gazelle

G-CLSA SA341B Gazelle AH1, c/n 1192, ex XW899; registered 23-Jun-2020 to Stephen Atherton, Crabtree Farm.

A welcome addition. Many happy landings, Steve.

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie Jos! 👍

• More 682

Russian Gazelle RA-0682G continues to celebrate her release from 'hangar arrest':

RA-0682G in St. Petersburg on 23rd June 2020

RA-0682G in St. Petersburg on 23rd June 2020

For Nosco

SA341G G-SFTH (cn.1155) as seen at Brands Hatch in 1985 (Photo by Keith Sowter)

Maquette Senegal Gaz

Scout enthusiasts may like to catch-up with the latest Scout News on the Scout thread.

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice model....Shame the photo is of a model and not the real thing, cannot remember ever seeing a shot of the real thing ?

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Senegal's sole SA341 6W-SHC (as inscribed on the model) was written-off in the early 80's (AFAIK) and to-date no picture of her has ever surfaced.

The best I can do in terms of a light French-built aircraft attached to the Senegalese Air Force, is this photo https://postimg.cc/grHwdRCP which is of a Socata Rallye which just happens to be registered 6W-SAV.

• A reminder

Comment

• SA342L1 YU-HFF (cn.155) as seen over Serbia NFI

I believe this was the Soko production line, Zis to confirm please.

SA341B ZB676 (WA1975) as seen at Middle Wallop (Photo by Neil Brant)

Antonio is preparing to launch his heli-tug!

Comment

• Helipixman
      Helipixman commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice shot of ZB676 at Middle Wallop. Are the Alouette IIIs in the background the Grasshopper Display team, looks like the scheme I saw many times. Have some great shots of them in my collection !

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      '𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚 𝙄𝙄𝙄𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙢?' — Sì Elipix, and they sure put on some lovely displays over the years. 👍

• Hélicap SA341G F-BVUI (cn.1122) as seen in 1978 (Photo by Frédéric Rolland)

Being flown in the above photo by the late Patrick Rolland.

SA341G N505NM (cn.1408) as seen over Los Angeles in the early 2000's (Photo by Pete Webber)

SA341B (WA1510) ZU-RMT as seen at Polokwane Airport in South Africa in June 2020

SA341B ZB677 at Fleetlands

StandardAero's present contract with the UK's MoD to provide maintenance support Army Air Corps Gazelles at their Fleetlands facility in Gosport will conclude on 30th June 2022.

Gaz belonging to an Avia member being transported on trailer (Photo by Martydoc Photographie)

This Gaz is currently for sale on the GazMart.

Republika of Srpska Buys Ansats from Russia

The Republika of Srpska has bought thee Ansat helicopters from Russia to replace their three Gazelles and one JetRanger.

https://www.vrisak.info/vijesti/repu...i-helikoptera/

D-HOPL

ZK-HTB

If you would you like to remember YU-HET? Then this mahogany model is currently up for grabs.

https://www.planearts.com/product.php?id=1265

Did anyone catch the Gazelle lecture on Monday, and if so, was it any good?

Comment

• SA341G(S) N71FR (cn.1275) as seen at Beef Island Airport in the BVI on 26th June 2020

Avia member Virgin Steve received 'exclusive' treatment at his local airport today .. being the only customer there! He reports that the refuelling turnaround was accomplished in record time!

N71FR returning to her Home pad in the BVI on 26th June 2020 (Photos courtesy of 'Virgin Steve')

Comment

• SA341G HA-LFB (cn.1074) at Honister in May 2008

SA341C G-ZZLE formerly XX436 (WA1402) at RAF Abingdon on 3rd May 2015 (Photo by Chris Perry)

Gulf War Gaz

Jakub, do you already have this photo? I think it is XZ337 but perhaps you could confirm this.

Instrument flight training in Polokwane, South Africa
        with Paramount Flying School in SA341B ZU-RMT
        (WA1510) in June 2020

Comment

• Jakub Cikhart
          Jakub Cikhart commented
          Editing a comment
          sorry for the later response. that Gulf pic is AWESOME !!! it looks like XZ337, can not confirm it. I have no serial ties with "S" on tail. great addition to my collection, BIG BIG thanks !!!

• SA341G YU-HMC (cn.1136) seen crossing the Irish Sea (no date)

SA341G(S) G-OGAZ (cn.1274) as seen at Stapleford on 17th June 2017 (Photo by Vince Horan)

Army Gazelle deck landing

More Gulf War Gazelles 'ZX372'

The Crabtree Warrior was recently deployed on an important mission .. to visit the newest Crabtree Lab .. named after former Avia member 'Nigel'.

Dog lovers don't forget to check out Heli-Dogs in the Departure Lounge.

SA342L1 YU-HEA (cn.118) as seen in Belgrade, Serbia on 27th May 2018

Comment

• Jakub Cikhart
          Jakub Cikhart commented
          Editing a comment
          WOW, another great picture !!! it is XX372, not XZ372. BIG BIG thanks !!!!!!! and together with XZ308/Q ;-)

• SA342MV F-MGCI as seen at Port-Vendres on 4th July 2018 (Photo by Casanovas Jacques)

SA342M F-MBGO (Photo by Tom Desaegher)

SA341G(S) G-WCRD (cn.1390) as seen at Manchester Barton on 20th June 2012

Became YU-HOT.

Gulf War Gazelle SA341B XX444 Roaded

This Gazelle was roaded in March 2020.

Some of the detail on a mini Gaz

RA-0682G flying near St. Petersburg in June 2020

Comment

• Fabrice
          Fabrice commented
          Editing a comment
          'BGO' is an SA 341F2 sn1282 and used as a ground instruction airframe in Rochefort (military tech school).

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Grazie mille Fabrizio! 👍

• Jakub Cikhart
          Jakub Cikhart commented
          Editing a comment
          nice find, but. was this XX444 really in Gulf ? or was it some "show off" marking ? as I can not believe it could survive 30 years in same camo .... thanks !

• SA341B XX405 (WA1343) as seen at SPTA in November 2016

SA341C G-GAZL (WA1078) as seen at Breighton on 4th June 2006 (Photo by John Thompson)

Jodel D119 in foreground.

Comment

• Helipixman
          Helipixman commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah G-GAZL used to based near me when she was owned by Richard Bailey, guess the pilot in the shot above could be Michael Gee ? and a Jodel in the foreground, I had a share in a Jodel D112 great flying !

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Great stuff Elipix! 👍

• Fabrice
          Fabrice commented
          Editing a comment
          Indeed, a Gazelle plus a Jodel sounds like a great day of flying!

• SA341D XZ936 (WA1743) as seen at Copehill Down in Wiltshire in November 2011 (Photo by Philip Stevens)

Egyptian Air Force Gazelles NFI

Paramount Flight School SA341B (WA1510) ZU-RMT as seen at Polokwane Airport on 1st July 2020

It looks as if the Ghanaian Police may be getting a Gazelle!

RA-0682G as seen near St. Petersburg on 1st July 2020

Red Bull fictional digital Gazelle

Qatari Heller model

Iraqi toy Gazelle for sale (ideal for Junior Gazellers)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlefront.../dp/B07QP8CFFC

Various Gazelle liveries

Comment

• xbdt
          xbdt commented
          Editing a comment
          RA-0682G as seen near St. Petersburg on 1st July 2020

looks more like a 342 to me. is 0682G a 341 or 342?

• Fabrice
          Fabrice commented
          Editing a comment
          Any idea why WA1510 is fitted with armoured seats? (see also post 4448)?

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          The flight school operating this Gazelle (Paramount) sells Gazelles into other African countries where they can encounter small arms fire. The same organisation has also donated a Gazelle to South Africa's anti-poaching unit where they are exposed to a similar situation. Paramount's emphasis is on supplying military equipment.

• SA341 F-WTNV (cn.1006) as seen at Hannover in Germany on 1st May 1974 (Photo by Michael Rhodes)

SA341F2 N2MF (cn.1448) as seen at North Las Vegas Airport in July 2020

Gazelle seen at East Midlands Aeropark in July 2020

Comment

• SA341B XW885 (WA1152) as seen at Greenham Common in June 1981 (Photo by Trevor Bartlett)

SA341D G-CBSK-ZB627 (WA1914) as seen at RAF Scampton on 9th September 2017

SA342M F-MGNZ as seen at Le Luc Le Cannet on 19th June 2011

'Blades to park'

Comment

• Thanks to a picture on the African Mil Group, the following Gazelle has been identified: Egyptian SA342L serial 3406 is c/n 1497.

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Grazie Jos!

• SA341D G-RBIL (WA1199) as seen at Jersey Airport on 29th May 2016

SA341B XX435 as seen at RAF Fairford on 24th July 1998 (Photo by Simon Brooke)

SA342M F-MGEJ (4215) 4eRHFS NFI

Airfix mini Gaz

(Above and below) RA-0682G in St.Petersburg on 5th July 2020

Comment

• Helipixman
              Helipixman commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that Gloss paint on the Airfix Gazelle !

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Either that or a lacquer.

• Lebanese Air Force SA342L as seen in July 2020

G-WCRD at Manchester Barton

Serbian Air Force Gazelles in hangar

SA341D ZB627 (WA1914) as seen in Guernsey in Mar 1993 (Photo by F. McMeiken)

New Addition to the Guernsey Register

Comment

• Vought Helicopters demo machine SA.341G c/n 1003 F-OCRX

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...?p=344#post344

Comment

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice one Zis! Is this the first entry for F-OCRX?

• Zishelix
                Zishelix commented
                Editing a comment
                Could be. The photo isn't dated so I'm not sure.

• SA341G N341GG (cn.1181) as seen in Belgium (NFI)

'505' Flashback

SA341G N505HA (cn.1022) as seen in Belgium (NFI)

Photos courtesy of Avia member Arnaud.

Gulf War Gazelle for Jakub (NFI)

Comment

• Jakub Cikhart
                Jakub Cikhart commented
                Editing a comment
                WOW !!!!!!!!!!! any idea for a serial number ? "A" is not listed on my site, yet .... thanks !

• A Father's Day Gazelle Gift

Ed receiving a 1000pc puzzle for Father's Day. He owned C-GDUG (later N341AS) for about 30 years.

Picture is from his visit to Belgium (EBZM) about 3 years ago.

Comment

• Helipixman
                Helipixman commented
                Editing a comment
                What a wonderful gesture. Lets hope there is not a piece missing, we all know how expensive Gazelle parts can be ! 😂

• Zishelix
                Zishelix commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice present! Short run edition, for a special person

I hope Mr. Tercier is still in good health.

• Savoia
                Savoia commented
                Editing a comment
                '𝙇𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙬𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙂𝙖𝙯𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙗𝙚!' — Ha ha, quite!

I am wondering whether XB gave a wooden board to his children, and then tasked them with cutting it into a thousand pieces!

• Shorts Belfast delivering Gazelles for the Army Air Corps RAF Sek Kong, probably about June 1976

Source: http://ukmamsoba.org/obb012618_light.html

Comment

• SA342L 241 (cn.1854) as seen at RAF Fairford in 2001 (Photo by Andrew Patterson)

SA341B XX444 (WA1248) possibly at Middle Wallop

SA341G(S) YU-HWF (cn.1407) as seen at Newcastle on 1st November 2015

Gendarmerie Gazelle

Concept digital Gazelle

Taking a fuel sample ​from RA-0682G near St. Petersburg on 8th July 2020

Comment

• ALAT SA342M 4144 as seen in Kiseljak near Sarajevo on 1st January 1994 (Photo by Nick Weight)

SA341G N505HA (cn.1022) as seen at Château de Cocove in France in April 2016 (Photo courtesy of Avia member Arnaud)

Comment

• SA342MV's at Besançon–La Vèze Aerodrome in 2018

SA342MV F-MGAS as seen during Exercise Semper Thunder, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina in June 2019

SA341B XX384 (WA1276) assigned to 2 Flight Netheravon as seen in 1987

Yugoslav Air Force Gazelle

Cypriot Gaz live fire in Kalo Chorio, Larnaca

Post #4466 seems appropriate then to share .. N46ZZ

SA341G N46ZZ (cn.1035) as seen at Aérodrome de Lille, Bondues (Photo by Marlon Cocqueel)

Comment

• WA1299 Has Now Arrived in Spain

SA341C N876VJ (WA1299) as seen in Benidorm, Spain on 12th July 2020 (Photo courtesy of Avia member Vitaliy)

This good condition newly refurbished Gazelle is currently for sale on the GazMart

SA341G(S) YU-HVZ (cn.1295) as seen at Hannover Airport in Germany on 12th July 2020

This good condition stretched Gazelle is currently for sale on the GazMart

RA-0682G as seen near St. Petersburg on 12th July 2020

RA-0682G pre-flight inspection (Part 1)

Could someone kindly identify the 'flap' which is being lifted-up at 0:28 secs and explain the inspection procedure.

Comment

• xbdt
                      xbdt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is an inspection flap on each side of the IGB fairing. This is just to inspect the condition of the flex couplings.
                      This inspection flap is not present on all IGB fairings but mostly on the 342M or 342L series.

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Grazie XB!

This is an SA342L.

• I have a question and which is this: Ex-military Gazelles can only be entered onto the US register under the 'Experimental' category and there is a condition that the aircraft must be physically based in the United States. Also, N876VJ is currently registered to an Agusta 109. My question therefore is, are you sure about the registration of this Gazelle?

Comment

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      XB I am not sure but will ask Vitaliy.

• Helipixman
                      Helipixman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree with Xbdt that registration is currently active - registered to an Agusta 109C owned by Plane Fun with an expiry date of 31.12.22 FAA site shows no new Gazelles as being registered ?
                  Working...
                  X