No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 'nose view' of Gabon's WA1492 at Pretoria's Waterkloof Apt on 16th September 2016.

More here: http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=6193#post6193

Comment

• The Technical University Delft (the Netherlands) delivers an on-line course on 'Helicopter Performance, Stability and Control'. The introduction video features a nice animation of a Gazelle helicopter.

Comment

• xbdt
        xbdt commented
        Editing a comment
        hmmmm the non-rotating swashplate is rotating! :-)

• Zishelix
        Zishelix commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, we won't be meticulous about such trivial details

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Well spotted XB!

A 'little' oversight with big consequences!

• Royal Navy Shark Attack!

RN Sharks NFI

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotorspot View Post
        The Technical University Delft (the Netherlands) delivers an on-line course on 'Helicopter Performance, Stability and Control'. The introduction video features a nice animation of a Gazelle helicopter.
        It all started very professionally and I thought it was going to be a interesting and educational read, but when I saw the swash plate going round in circles I didn’t want to any watch more, as I thought I may learn or remember something that wasn’t correct.

Shame really, for she sounded as if she knew what she was talking about.

Comment

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          You have my vote Stefano!

Cutting-off/ignoring corrupt information is to display wisdom.

In fact, I encourage everyone to 'switch off' the moment you suspect something of being 'unkosher' (so to speak).

In a similar way, one of the most common 'sins' among many today, is their unquestioning trust of what they see and hear in the mainstream media; for I have found much of their information to be unreliable and largely corrupted, infected indeed with political bias and warped by their pursuit of an anti-libertarian agenda in which big government and big business are their gods.

For anyone actually interested in the facts, I recommend the following news sites, which are but three among many which aim to tell the truth (or at least as much as any media outlet is capable of):

http://www.breitbart.com/london/

https://newswars.com/

https://www.therebel.media/

Why do I bang on about these matters? It's pretty simple really, there's a fight coming - a fight for the protection of the basic freedoms which have been enjoyed in Western society for the better part of modern history - and in order to fight this fight one must first be aware of it. The reality is that many seem to care less, and yet this fight is already at our door, and I do not speak solely of runaway immigration, this is but one of several (albeit crucial) issues. An additional issue is the monstrous overreach by government and corporations into nearly every aspect of one's life, and which represents an attack on personal freedom and is something which ultimately corrodes the foundations of civil liberty - and there is more besides, hence the need to be informed.

Rant over!

• SA341G(S) N901B (cn. 1410) as seen at Breighton Aerodrome on 7th January 2018

Comment

• Zishelix
          Zishelix commented
          Editing a comment
          Some people just know how to show up in big style

• French ALAT 3rd Attack Helicopters Squadron patch

Comment

• In addition to Sav's previous post, Royal Navy Sharks at Leopoldsburg - Beverlo, Belgium in August 1986.

Lots of green and orange smoke!

(Photo: Eric Coeckelberghs)

Comment

• VH-GKK

For more info see here.

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice one Zis!

This Gaz (which I think was bought by Mark RIP) has the nicest rear pax window I've ever seen. Now combine this with Stefano's one-piece lower main door perspex and you've really got a 'Bella Gazzella!'

Note the HF antenna just below the door. Also the oil cooler pipe picked-out in a different colour. I've seen this before but didn't think much of it, but in this blue/grey tone it actually works well.

• GAZ DOWN: IVORY COAST

An ALAT Gazelle from the 43rd Marine Infantry Battalion (BIMA) crashed yesterday, 9th January, in the Comoé River (some 30 kilometers north-east of Abidjan) while on operations in the Ivory Coast.

The Gazelle is reported to have had three persons on board, all of whom survived with minor injuries.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that the aircraft may have hit a power line.
            http://apanews.net/index.php/en/news...e-river-alepe/

Comment

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank God no one got hurt badly.

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes indeed.

• Historical Gazelle Accident

Soko's HO-42 (12665) crashed in Kragujevac, Serbia on December 30th, 2003 while delivering a Santa Claus.

Luckily all five on board, including a child, escaped with minor injures only.

Comment

• Savoia
              Savoia commented
              Editing a comment
              A Christmas miracle I'd say!

Seem to remember watching this some years back.

Do you happen to know the cause of the crash?

• Zishelix
              Zishelix commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn't know, haven't seen official accident report yet.

• SA341H E7-AAB (cn 037) as seen at Banja Luka, Belgrade on 18th December 2017

A Les Félins SA342 tailboom in frost, January 2018

SA342L ZU-RZR (1854) at Heidelberg Airport in South Africa in January 2018

Taken en route from Durban to Johannesburg.

SA342 Étain-Rouvres Air Base 2018

Q: How many Frenchmen does it take to remove a Gazelle from a hangar?

SA341G N341GG (cn. 1181) unknown date and location

Ride along with a Digital Combat Simulator SA342 on a nap-of-the-earth flight over Normandie

Comment

• Ginger has got a pin badge!

Comment

• Hey Sav, one more for your Snow Gazelles photo album

Comment

• Savoia
                  Savoia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ha ha, grazie Zis! Lovely to see. She's even wearing 'snow shoes'.

• SA341C XW845 (WA1007) as seen at RNAS Yeovilton on 8th July 1972 (Photo: Chris England)

SA341G N101CL (1061) as seen in Perris, California on 15th July 2006 (Photo: Nathan Havercroft)

SA341B ZB689 (cn WA2002) as seen at RAF Shawbury (date unknown)

The comments accompanying this photo were such that I just had to share them:

"Not certain where these images were taken, but appears to be some kind of 'Kwik-Fit' for military helicopters, where flagging machines were revamped to pass thier MoT."

Based on the hangar interior I have tagged the photo as being at Shawbury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post

SA341G N101CL (1061) as seen in Perris, California on 15th July 2006
                  'CL' was owned by Bob Bondurant, a famous American racing driver. It was based at his driving school at his Phoenix raceway.

We went flying in CL with him around the year 2000 and showed him some things in the Gazelle that he didn’t know he could do! Then he took us out on the race track, and that drive was awesome!

He also trained police drivers for speed-driving in police Ford cruisers that were souped-up, his driver training including TPAC and other police stopping practices.

Here's Bob with 'CL' at Sears Point Raceway:

Comment

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great post Stefano!

Sounds like you had a 'souper' time.

• - SPECIAL OFFER TO AVIAFORA READERS -

As with last year, Rotorspot is pleased to make available our 2018 Gazelle production list. This list is an aggregated production list for Aérospatiale, Westland and Soko built Gazelles and details the registration and serial number of each Gazelle together with the aircraft's historical registration records, as well as the status of the aircraft (whether it is operational, withdrawn from use, written-off, etc.). Distinctions are made between the various models, both civilian and military, as well as stretched variants.

This list is being offered exclusively to readers of 'Shrieking Gazelles' as part of the ongoing cooperation between Rotorspot and Aviafora and is available in various formats. The 2018 Gazelle production list contains numerous updates and revisions from last year's list, also including new historical data that has come to light. An example of this is the recently revealed identity of the Niger Gazelle 5U-MHE.

For your free copy send an email to rotorspot@yahoo.com and please remember to state your preference of format (XLS, CSV or plain text).

Rotorspot currently provides more than 158,300 civil helicopter registration entries, for both current and historical helicopters.

Comment

• Rotorspot
                    Rotorspot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will, when you tell me the preferred format.

• Savoia
                    Savoia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ha ha, as every year, plain text, grazie!

• Zishelix
                    Zishelix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Jos!

• SA341G N1831A (cn 1200)

Comment

• Some recent shots of the Haelo Gaz (SA342J HA-LFH cn. 1775) courtesy of 'Team Haelo.'

Comment

• Zishelix
                      Zishelix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Artistic shots, very nice.

• Adjusting Fen Blades

Just a nice photo

Comment

• Savoia
                      Savoia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice shots Zis!

• Gaz and ..

Gaz n' Puma

L'Armée de Terre SA342L1 4219 'GEN' (2219) with 'GCG' as seen at Corneilla-la-Riviere on 11th April 2015 (Photo: Berthon Guillaume)

Gaz n' Lynx

British Army Gazelles with Lynx (location unknown) on 17th May 2005 (Photo: Keith Draycott)

Comment

• French ALAT Gazelle Viviane boarding for Afghanistan in 2012.

RAF Gazelle dramatic take off during display at Shawbury in 1982 (Photo: Ian Forshaw)

Comment

• SA.342J F-GCCZ c/n 1393 (Photo: Lionel Laporte)

Another nice photo of the same machine here

Now flying as YU-HEV

Comment

• Rotorspot
                          Rotorspot commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have contacted the photographer. He has no more information.

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I wouldn't know, sorry.

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Grazie grazie Jos e Zis!

• Montenegrin Gazelles flying in formation with Super Galeb G-4 jet trainer

All these birds produced by Soko Mostar

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You're coming out with some great shots Zis, bravo!

Are these all 342's?

• Zishelix
                          Zishelix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nope, all 341's (HO-42)

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Okay, grazie.

• XX436

SA341C XX436 (WA1402) aka G-ZZLE as seen at Bourne Park on 24th October 2015 (Photo: Gary Beale)

And there I was thinking that all the RM Gazelles were 341B's!

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Happy New Year Andy!

Any news on your 'special event' for this year?

• N48284
                          N48284 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes Happy New Year to you all!!

The event is at Middle Wallop again, at the same time of the year, and is the 80th Anniversary of both the Auster and the airfield.

All Aviaforans are welcome to join us at Middle Wallop on 7-8 April 2018.

More details can be found at: www.auster80.co.uk

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great stuff Andy!

My late godfather joined the Air OP in 1945 where he flew the Auster, later becoming chief flying instructor and manager of the Royal Artillery Aero Club.

• Ah, some people and their sense for fashion

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Zis's T-shirt!

• Originally posted by N48284 View Post
                        Ha yeah. Sacrilege really, how someone can think it’s acceptable to paint an HT.2 in RM markings. At least it’s back to its original scheme now. Let’s hope no others get painted to represent a different mark.
                        Oh dear Andy you won’t like mine then as it’s changing from Sharks to Batus!

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So looking forward to seeing this BATUS bird Stefano. What a lovely tribute it will be to the AAC's international Gaz ops.

• SA341G EC-EQU (Photo: Zishelix)

Go to original post.

Comment

• A key holder with 'Gazelle' on cyrillic... made in Serbia.

Comment

• Mini SA342 'GAL' 3862

~ ~ ~

In other news .. to find out why Sav is smiling at the moment, click here.

All I can say is .. 'Please God let it happen!'

Comment

• 706 Being Prepared for New Paint

SA341G RA-05706 (WA1802) in her hangar near St. Petersburg in January 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X