Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gazelle Down in Belgium

SA341G cn.1022 (a member of Benegaz) has crashed today at Wevelgem Airport in West Flanders, Northwest Belgium.

Initial reports state that the aircraft lost altitude shortly after take-off and struck the airport perimeter fence while executing an emergency landing. The aircraft is said to have then rolled on its side.

The four persons on board are reported as having been slightly injured with one being taken to hospital.

C/n. 1022 crashed at Kortrijk-Wevelgem Airport on 5th September 2018

While we are deeply saddened to learn of this accident, we are nevertheless enormously thankful that there has been no loss of life.

Comment

• Zishelix
      Zishelix commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed, pity for the machine but most important is that no life was lost. Quick recovery to all injured!

• Just to mention that s/n 1022 already had similar accident back in 1988 (as JA 9164) when she had a hard landing due to loss of power shortly after take-off. The two on board also escaped with minor injuries and the machine was repaired.

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=9742#post9742

Although damage on the airframe and dynamic components looks quite bad, let's hope that she may fly again... even if only as a 'Trigger's Broom'.

http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...=3199#post3199

Comment

• Savoia
      Savoia commented
      Editing a comment
      Without seeing her left side its a bit difficult to tell, but I don't think this will be an especially 'easy' rebuild. All the dynamic components require overhaul and that (obviously) includes the engine. The boom is gone, so what you're left with is the upper cab, but as I say, without seeing her port side its difficult to say.

The fact that those on board have lived to see another day is really all that matters.

• SA341G N341FR (cn.1250) NFI

Comment

• SA314G(S) YU-HVZ (cn.1295) as seen at Lübeck Blankensee Airport on 6th June 2018 (Photo by Kim Piskol)

Comment

• SA341B (WA1152) G-ZZEL as seen at Weston-super-Mare on 23rd June 2018 (Photo by Matt Sudol)

Panair SA341G I-LDAV (cn.1034) as seen at Milan Malpensa in July 1998 (Photo courtesy of Damiano Gualdoni)

Now flying as RA-2184G.

SA342L as seen over the Suez Canal in 2013 (Photo by Tony Steinberg)

Possibly cn.1365, although this is listed as Kuwaiti Air Force No.521.

Please 'like' and follow our FB page:

Comment

• Helipixman
        Helipixman commented
        Editing a comment
        I think its c/n 1395 serial 3321

Helipixman

• Savoia
        Savoia commented
        Editing a comment
        Grazie Elipix!

• SA341H HA-LFL (cn.007) as seen Budaörs Airfield in Hungary on 1st September 2018 (Photo by Balázs Horváth)

Stretched Gaz (possibly YU-HOT again) as seen at Zbraslavice Airport in the Czech Republic September 2018

BAG Cabin shot

Serbian Gazelles YU-HFF & YU-HEA (Photo by Srđan Popović)

Comment

• More Black Pete ..

SA341G(S) YU-HVZ (cn.1295) NFI (Photo by Tom Bornet)

Unknown Gaz

No details yet on this bird

Comment

• SA341C G-IBNH (cn.1033) as seen recently with a bear-like dog!

Can anyone confirm the breed of dog in the above shot? Some sort or Terrier?

Request to Gaz owners .. if you have a Gazelle and a dog .. please consider sending us a picture including them both. We (and our readers) would be much obliged! You can email your photos to .. aviafora1@gmail.com

Comment

• SA341G G-BLAO (cn.1097) landing in Herzliya, in the northern part of Tel Aviv, in Israel c. 1988

Go to original post.

Also, some Gaz footage (without sound) from 1980:

Comment

• SA341H HA-LFL (cn.007) as seen Budaörs Airfield in Hungary on 1st September 2018

Lebanese Air Force Gazelle September 2018

SA342 SAFGaz as seen at Vojni Aerodrom Niš

BATUS Gaz in 2018

Will we seen an Avia member sponsored BATUS Gaz? Word is that it 'may' happen!

Comment

• Storm Clouds Pick of the Week

Comment

• 709 in Bratsk yesterday morning 16th September, getting ready for a special 'agricultural' mission

Avia member Kirill collecting mushrooms yesterday (16th September) with 709, approx. 70 kms to the east of Bratsk in Russia not far from the banks of the Angara River

"My, what big mushrooms you have" said the mother bear!

709 back at her home hangar on the evening of 16th September 2018 after her mushroom collecting expedition

Below: Avia member Kirill with 709 in Ust-Ilimsk near the Angara River in Russia

G-VOIP

SA341D G-VOIP (WA1792) as seen at Biggin Hill on 13th September 2018 (Photo by Andy Patsalides)

Avia Stats

Hmm ...

I'm assuming our forum software has finally hit the wall .. because when I submitted the above post the visitor count was showing 265 visitors (see the screen shot below).

We are just a little group of enthusiasts with a slender scope of interest trying to mind our own business and hopefully steer clear of the sniping and muck-slinging which is to be found elsewhere. Based on this, the visitor numbers don't make much sense.

I am sure however that things will soon return to normal!

Comment

• Zishelix
                    Zishelix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah so, thanks for explanation Kirill. I can imagine it's recommendable to have some 'good argument' in hands when meeting Siberian woods inhabitants

By the way, what's those bulbs which could be seen under rear skid legs on your Gazelle?
                    Last edited by Zishelix; 17th September 2018, 19:23.

• Atom Legend
                    Atom Legend commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We have installed additional taxiing light, very bright, allows you to be identified in poor visibility and well repels birds on takeoff and landing....http://www.aviatuning.com/product_info/61/

• Zishelix
                    Zishelix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Interesting. Thnx for your kind clarification!

• G-ZZEL as seen at Weston-super-Mare in Jun 23rd, 2018 (Photo: Kev Slade)

Comment

• South Africa

Unidentified Gazelle as seen at Grand Central Airport in South Africa

Serbia

Serbian 'Gazellers' in 2018

Comment

• SA341B ZA772 (WA1814) from 665 Squadron seen arriving at RAF Fairford on 12th July 2018 for RIAT

Below: The same craft departing RIAT on 16th July 2018

Comment

• The same Gazelle photographed few days later (July 16th) at Fairford by Mr Xiaoyu Yan

The sticker moved on the tail fin

Seeing as we talk about army Gazelles, there is a copper etching of an army Gazelle available now on ebay for about £20.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253784071649

Comment

• Savoia
                          Savoia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Very nice!

• SA341F2 ZU-RLD (cn.1659) as seen at ALM Tractor World in Sasolburg, South Africa in September 2018

SA341F2 ZU-RLD (cn.1659) as seen at Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge in Pilanesberg, South Africa in September 2018

SA341F ZU-RLE (cn.1678) as seen at Ermelo Airfield in South Africa on 9th April 2018 (Photo by Jarryd Sinovich)

Comment

• SA342L 241 (cn.1854) as seen at Baldonnel's Casement Aerodrome in December 2005 (Photo by Frank Grealish)

Comment

• Sad But True

It is sad that the relative peace and stability enjoyed across much of Europe since the end of WW2 is now at and end? And is this true? The answer to both is yes.

Don't be an 'ostrich', don't deny what is taking place, but instead become informed and be prepared.

We live in an age where to fail to do so will expose us and our loved ones to risk.

My advice?

1). Make peace with God. Europe was founded on the principles of Christianity (do the research) and has been much blessed because of this, but she has wandered far from this path and we now suffer the consequences. If you have issues with the church, then forget the church, because the church (at present and for the most part) is deeply compromised and in its larger manifestations has become too political. Just turn to God directly. Pray, read the Bible, teach your family to do the same.

2). Diligently consider where you live and the type of work you do and make a 'risk assessment' which includes the fundamental questions: a). Is my domicile in a location or region which is exposed to high risk? b). Does my work/business offer any immunity from economic downturn or substantial changes in purchasing trends/priorities?

3). Prepare yourself and your family physically.

With regard to No.3, and seeing as this is something I have never mentioned before, I wish to recommend Krav Maga:

Krav Maga UK — Krav Maga Italia — Krav Maga Belgique — Krav Maga International

Yes, its sad that one needs to consider these things, but by doing so you could end up saving your family and others.

Sound dramatic? Sure it does, and I accept that many will laugh this off as nonsense. No problem, if that concerned me, believe me I wouldn't post such things. I too discounted these warnings in years past, so I know how 'silly' it can sound.

So why write these things?

Oh, that is easy to answer. For the sake of the few who sense or believe that there is a threat to our society, who recognise that this threat grows by the day, and for whom doing nothing is not an option. It is for these that I share what I know to be true.

We must never be afraid, but we should be prepared.

Comment

• Savoia
                              Savoia commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes indeed, only trouble is in Western Europe the over-reaching arm of the government has placed too many restrictions on the personal ownership of firearms. But seeing as we are talking weapons, my personal preferences are MRI's .50 calibre Desert Eagle for a handgun and Beretta's ARX200 for an assault rifle.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AjAcff0PiA
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB8CQhrsqNE
                              Also, if you like classic weapons, you may enjoy this .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVEi11KgTCQ

• Rotorspot
                              Rotorspot commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Come on, guys. Where is this heading to? This discussion has nothing to do with Gazelles nor with aviation. The AviaFora rules state:

Aviafora is a meeting place for aviation professionals. Membership requires keeping to our rules, which are generally as follows:
                              •Please always be courteous in your conversations. We would like to uphold the principles of Airmanship.
                              •Please refrain from posting offensive material or language. This refers to anything which may cause offence, racially or sexually, or in any other way, and includes a prohibition on the use of sexually explicit material (words, images or videos) as well as potentially demeaning and or racist remarks or material.

Although I very much like the Gazelle contents, this makes me seriously re-consider my membership.

• Zishelix
                              Zishelix commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You're right Jos, my apologize... We should keep this thread on Gazelles.

• N565F

SA341G N565F (cn.1182) as seen at Narvik Framnes Airport in Norway on 23rd June 2004 (Photo by Tom Strøm)

Comment

• Nice one!

Is it too early for a 'Snow Gazelle'?

Comment

• Savoia
                                Savoia commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yes, technically it is a little early, but always a pleasure to see!

• Renault 21 vs 4 Polizei NRW Gazelles

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Comment

• Zishelix
                                Zishelix commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I think Sav may have posted this some time ago, but it's always good to see!

Quite convincingly filmed. Well done! If there's no those part of 4 Gazelles flying under the overpass I'd say it's real

• Ecuadorean Gazelles

Comment

• I-PTEC start and depart from Aeroporto di Sassuolo in Modena
                                Avia member Piero has written to me this morning recommending the restaurant at Sassuolo Aero Club!

Meanwhile, Avia member Jed A1 has writen:

In 1966 Aerospatiale engaged on a program of simplifying their helicopter design and production. They adopted light aircraft structural techniques and & value engineering!

A variety of car parts such as filters , radiators, fans etc. we're utilized mainly on their new product the squirrel. So much so that the squirrel's oil cooler is from a Citroen GS along with its fan.

Ultimately this all led to the Squirrel having 50% less parts than its predecessors. Innovations like the starflex rotorhead etc. are all a result of this program.

So it's no surprise that handles and other components made their way into other designs. It would be interesting to know what other car parts are on various machines.
                                Go to Jed A1's post.

3/3 Squadron 'Les Félins' 342 runway 'V' formation as seen in September 2018

Comment

• QinetiQ's ZB625

Comment

• SA342 Gazelle Viviane 'GBJ' following a Chinook during a training flight in July 2018

New Gaz shirt from 3eRHC
                                    These new Gaz polo shirts are available here at what is known as a 'special French price'.

Gaz patches from 3eRHC

Gaz tails at RAF Fairford

Comment

• Originally posted by Savoia View Post
                                      These new Gaz polo shirts are available at what is known as a 'special French price'.
                                      That’s a very special price for a tee-shirt. For that price it should have a Polo or Ralph Lauren logo on it!

Comment

• Savoia
                                        Savoia commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Quite, and possibly offered with a complimentary bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape!

• SA341G(S) N901B (cn.1410) as seen at Breighton Aerodrome on 23rd September 2018 (Photo by Andrew Wilson)

Stefano (possibly with young Michael aboard) at 'Crabtree Aerodrome' this past weekend.

Comment

• SA341B ZB677 (WA1978) as seen at Calgary Springbank Airport in Canada on 1st September 2013 (Photo by Mike MacKinnon)

From 29 BATUS Flight.

Comment

• Key chain for a Gazelle owner

Comment

Working...
                                          X