No announcement yet.

Shrieking Gazelles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying in the SG moodโ€ฆ An interesting video of a nice machine & snow (although both digital )

Comment

• Swift Copters SA342J(S) HB-ZFD (cn.1058) as seen at Courchevel on 25th February 2012 (Photo by Siegfried Bruno)

SA341B XX450 (WA1449) as seen on exercise in Norway

SA342L1 E7-ABI (cn.139) as seen in 2012 (Photo courtesy of Zishelix)

RA-05703 'snow manoeuvring' in Russia

Comment

• Sav, the above photo of E7-ABI remind me of this one taken on the same occasion in 2012 when the crews of the Helicopter Unit of RS selflessly helped those who had been hit by snowstorms.

Comment

• Savoia
          Savoia commented
          Editing a comment
          Bellissima! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA342J F-HGUN (cn 1058) at Courchevel in January 25th, 2014 (Photo: Romain Baheu)

Comment

• SA341G C-GSHL (cn.1200) as seen at Edmonton Municipal Airport in Alberta, Canada in the 1970's

SA341G C-FEDG (cn.1181) as seen near Latornell, south of Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada on 14th December 1978
          (Photo by Steve Aubury)

Air Grischa SA341G HB-XFW (WA1124) as seen in Switzerland in the 1970's

SA341G C-GEPX (cn.1262) as seen in Canada in the 1980's

Jean Boulet with N62406 in Alaska performing cold weather trials in February 1975

Comment

• SA.342J cn 1393 F-GCCZ in France

Russian movie titled 'Tourist' featuring a Gazelle:

Picture from the movie (above) and which shows RA-1314G (below):

Comment

• SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Abkhazia 2017

Royal Marines Gazelles in Norway in 1979 (Photo by Avia member Warty)

Serbian Gazelle in snow

Zis e Elipix, un piccolo regalo di natale!

Air Provence SA341G F-GDFR (cn.1414) as seen at Cannes Mandelieu on 22nd June 1984

Joyeux Noรซl ร  nos membres et visiteurs franรงais

ALAT Snow Gazelle

SA341G RA-05706 (WA1802) as seen near St. Petersburg in March 2018

Avia member Vitaily Snow Gaz departure
              from Vladivostok in December 2016

Comment

• As we approach the conclusion of another year, so too a timely opportunity to recognise those who contribute towards our little community.

My great thanks go to wingmen Zis and Elipix for their regular contributions which are so encouraging, and my thanks also to Jos for keeping us up-to-date with the latest Gazelle registration news. To see Josโ€™ constantly updated Aรฉrospatiale Gazelle production list click here and for his latest Soko Gazelle production list click here.

Thank you also to XB and Stefano for their ongoing contributions. To all who contribute to Shrieking Gazelles, I extend my great thanks.

As in recent years, our 'Christmas Gazelle' (above) was created by Predrag, to whom we offer our great thanks. Predrag is the 'P' in MP Design Studio and if you would like to support those who support us, then why not consider buying a Gazelle simulator this Christmas. Click here to see the range of simulators on offer.

While considering supporting those who support us, it is my pleasure to commend to you Aviaโ€™s co-founder Phil Croucher, better known to me as 'Filippo' and who in his generosity continues to host this site, grazie mille Filippo! Filippo has authored several pilot training manuals and aviation books including the highly commended 'Helicopter Pilotโ€™s Handbook'. Recently, Filippo has up-dated and republished his acclaimed 'Bell 206 Book' and which this year forms part of my Christmas reading. What I have read so far has already proven to be incredibly informative, and that's from someone who was weaned on the 206.

Click here to see a selection of material on offer from Filippo, including the Helicopter Pilotโ€™s Handbook, the Bell 206 Book and more.

Pursuing a PPL, CPL or ATPL? You can obtain all the necessary coursework through Filippoโ€™s online training school, Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training. Click here to find out how Filippo may assist you.

For now, all that remains is for me to extend my very best wishes to each of our members and to all of our readers and visitors. My prayers are that you may be blessed with a peaceful Christmas and a new year filled with hope and opportunity.

Savoia

This Christmas Night

This Christmas night while angels sing, sweet hosannas to our King,
                let us with them in heart rejoice, with loving-kindness as our voice.

For family, homes and health, the truer forms of wealth.
                For precious moments of the year, for everything that we hold dear.

And so, with gifts beneath the tree now stored,
                let us with thankful hearts proclaim, that Jesus Christ is Lord!

Comment

• Remembering Avia Members Departed

Comment

• This Christmas we have a feast of material for you to browse, including:
                    • Winter Flying โ€” SnowRangers, an Apache snow take-off and a winter Bรถlkow on the current page and on previous pages a host of items including Japanese Snow Squirrels (also known as 'Yuki Risu'), MD900's in snow, a beautiful classic 47 in snow as well as a lovely Hiller in snow and much more!
                    • Westland Scouts โ€” Check out this year's posts on the Scout thread including G-SCTA's new livery and for the rarest of all Scouts, the Snow Scout, check page one.
                    • Alouettes & Lamas โ€” Here you will find 'Snowlouettes' (Alouette II's and III's in snow) as well as 'Lamas in Snow' together with our general offering of Alouette and Lama related news and information.
                    • Snowliners โ€” Watch a 747 take-off in falling snow from Hokkaidล in Japan, check out an Airbus A319 in a lovely BEA retro livery in falling snow at Birmingham in the UK, see a truly beautiful photo of an All Nippon 747, also in Hokkaidล, as well as a snow landing and more.
                    • Snow Jets โ€” Watch an F-18 (EA-18G) Growler releasing flares over snowy hills, watch the Swedish Air Force 'jet sledding', find out why a US Navy Lear Jet has her nose up in the air and more.
                    • Heli-Shots โ€” A selection of photos for helicopter photography lovers.
                    • Milshots โ€” For lovers of military helicopter photography including our latest offering, a US Air Force Snowhawk over Idaho.
                    • Russian Aviation โ€” A selection of aircraft from Russia photographed in snow.
                    • Snow Trains โ€” Time to go 'off-piste' now with a lovely collection of trains in snow. Hear the sound of diesel motors, the classic North American train horns and crossing bells (and sometimes an awful claxon too) and then watch a plough-train cast a delightful 'V' of freshly ploughed snow!
                    • Heli-Dogs โ€” Dogs love helicopters too, and here's the place to appreciate them, including our latest canine companion Russian Heli-Dog 'Puma' courtesy of Avia member Kirill.
                    • Horses in Snow โ€” Watch a Friesian enjoying the snow, horses on Pendle Hill in England and some horses who are less appreciative of the snow!
                    • Facebook Groups โ€” Aviafora is affiliated with a number of Facebook groups including the newly formed Brit Gaz group covering UK-based Gazelles, the Bell 206 group, Scottish Rotors for those with a passion for helicopters in Scotland and for die-hard Scout fans, the Westland Scout group.
                    • Sav's Sunday Post โ€” Looking for something a little more meaningful? Then check out Sav's collection of Scripture quotes and sayings from Italian monks paired with photos of churches from around the world. And if you visit these pages then be sure go to page#1 post#1 and find out the reason for this thread.
                    • Last, but by no means least, Aviafora's longest-running Christmas tradition .. that of watching (twice mind you) the Courchevel Citation!
                    Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Christmas!

Comment

• Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all fellow Aviaforans!

Comment

• G-BXTH WA1120 at Thruxton in 2012

Comment

• Esteemed colleagues,

My warmest season's greetings to all of you. And thanks for all the kind words on this forum.

Air Britain News of Nov. 2021 contains a log of helicopters in Hangar 17 at Stapleford. A.o. it mentions an unknown Gazelle YU-HUV, which I have never heard of. Can it be that this in fact should read YU-HUY (which thus far also has gone unidentified)?

Comment

• Savoia
                            Savoia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Grazie mille Jos e buon natale!

Perhaps Elipix can enquire from among his contacts whether there are some more details relating to YU-HUV/Y.

• Helipixman
                            Helipixman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            According to the YU- register neither YU-HUV or YU-HUY exist.

My theory is someone has mis-read either YU-HEV or YU-HEY both of which frequent MW at Stapleford !

• Rotorspot
                            Rotorspot commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for your thoughts. I agree that both YU-HUV and YU-HUY do not exist in the official register. The log mentions that YU-HUV was stored, so I do not think it will be YU-HEV or YU-HEY. It may as well be a fake registration, or a future one.

• G-CBJZ at Sion Airport in January 16th, 2011 (Photo: Markus Herzig)

Comment

• HB-ZEU at Samedan St. Moritz in February 2004 (Photo: Anton Heumann)

Comment

• HB-ZFD as seen at Courchevel (of course ) in February 2012 (Photo: Bruno Siegfried)

Comment

• SA341F #1594 N341SH in 2014

Comment

• Think I have found a new image for Snow Gazelles ?

N342WF SA342J (1470)... It also looks like it has had a little paintwork done !

This aircraft is currently for sale on the GazMart

and another shot to show some of the paint changes

Comment

• xbdt
                                    xbdt commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Helicopter has been sold about 6 weeks ago.

• Zishelix
                                    Zishelix commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Great finding, Helipix! Only pity the photos aren't little bigger

Thanks for info, XB.

• Savoia
                                    Savoia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Grazie XB!

It seems to be a new Snow Gaz Elipix. ๐Ÿ‘

• SA341B XX398 (WA1318) as seen in Bardufoss, Norway on 3rd March 2006

Serving with 4 Regiment AAC.

Comment

• Some Winter Warmth: Caribbean Gazelles

Interesting shot of Trinidad and Tobago registered Gazelle 9Y-TFO (c/n 1029). Not in the snow, unfortunately.

9Y-TFO was registered from Feb-1977 till Jul-1979. She was written off in an accident on 21-Jul-1979.

Comment

• Savoia
                                      Savoia commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Interesting indeed Jos, grazie! ๐Ÿ‘

'๐‘ต๐’๐’• ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’”๐’๐’๐’˜, ๐’–๐’๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’•๐’–๐’๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’๐’š.' โ€” Now ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• would have been a unique photo! ๐Ÿ˜„

• Zishelix
                                      Zishelix commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Sad remains of NS-1 (9Y-TFO) as seen in 1980's for firefighter training

• I hope New Year's Eve went well and you're still in good mood

Another nice image of HB-ZFD from Courchevel in March 2011 (Photo: Olmo Muller)

Comment

• G-CDNO #1385 at Crabtree Farm in January last year. Photo courtesy of Aviaforan Steve!

Comment

• Savoia
                                        Savoia commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Nice one Zis! ๐Ÿ‘

• SA341C RA-05708 (WA1045) as seen in Abkhazia NFI

A342L AEE-373 (cn.5013) as seen at Quito Airport in Ecuador in December 2021

Digital YU-HEV

SA341B Mini-Gaz

Comment

• Soko's SA342L #139 E7-ABI in December 2012

Same occasion http://www.aviafora.com/forums/forum...4706#post14706

Comment

• SA342L1 F-MGEU (cn.2226) as seen in France (Photo by Patrick Gillis)

SA342M F-MGAS as seen at Corneilla-La-Riviรจre during Exercice Raid Trapp 2021

Check out the latest Gazelle for sale on the GazMart

Comment

• Heli Cap SA341G F-BVUI (cn.1122) as seen in the French Alps in 1978 (Photo by Frรฉdรฉric Rolland)

Montenegrin Air Force Gazelle over snow NFI

SA341B XZ300 (WA1525) as seen at Bramley Army Training Camp in Hampshire (Photo by Jason Pountney)

SA341D G-TSTR ZB625 (WA1905) take-off and hover-taxi
                                            at Thruxton Aerodrome on 4th January 2022

G-TSTR was on a charity flight for Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Comment

• HA-LFA in Hungary, January 2011

Comment

• Savoia
                                                Savoia commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                LFA looking nice in the snow there Zis, also with the heli-dog nearby! ๐Ÿ‘

• Thank you to Xbdt and Stephen for their comments on how to get a Gazelle into a container. I should have paid more attention to the photo posted on here 2/3 years ago.

I see YU-HEY is on the GazMart. Which licence would I need to be able to fly it here in the UK?

Comment

• Savoia
                                                Savoia commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                '๐‘ฐ ๐’”๐’†๐’† ๐’€๐‘ผ-๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐’€ ๐’Š๐’” ๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฎ๐’‚๐’›๐‘ด๐’‚๐’“๐’•.' โ€” Yes she is, and from what I have been told she is an extremely nice example civilian stretch, one fitted with the Aztazou III, which means lower fuel burn and lower operating costs.

'๐‘พ๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ ๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’†๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’˜๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ ๐’๐’†๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’‡๐’๐’š ๐’Š๐’• ๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ผ๐‘ฒ?' โ€” I'm not sure what implications there are now for CAA licence holders when it comes to Yugo registered aircraft, by I am sure Excel Helicopters will be able to brief you on this: https://excelhelicopters.co.uk/

• ~ Wishing our Members and Readers a Happy Epiphany ~

In case you are wondering why some of us exchange greetings on the Feast of the Epiphany, this is because the Epiphany (which celebrates the visitation of the Magi, or wise men, to the Christ Child) is a celebration which continues to be observed in many cultures. The Epiphany remains a public holiday in the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Espaรฑa, Finland, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Italia, Liechtenstein, Poland, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, the US Virgin Islands and Uruguay

Serbian Police SA342L1 YU-HFF (cn.155) as seen in Serbia NFI (Photo by Igor Salinger)

SA341C G-CBKD (WA1130) as seen at Turweston on 22nd December 2021 (Photo by Lorcan Richardson)

S5-HCR

SA341H S5-HCR (cn.027) as seen in 2017 NFI (Photo by Glenda Acerbi)

SA341B G-UNNS (WA1284) at Redders (Redhill) in 2021

Our Liamo exhibiting some spirited manoeuvring. You've obviously got some Italian blood in you Liamo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian View Post
                                                Thank you to Xbdt and Stephen for their comments on how to get a Gazelle into a container. I should have paid more attention to the photo posted on here 2/3 years ago.

I see YU-HEY is on the GazMart. Which licence would I need to be able to fly it here in the UK?

YU-HEY is located in the UK so you shouldnโ€™t need a container.

Within Europe road transport is possible for transporting Gazelles without major parts having to be removed.

Comment

Working...
                                                X